shape
carat
color
clarity

Pricescope Referrals :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
So I walk into the local gas station to buy a soda, and while I''m swiping my debit card the clerk asks me where I got my placeholder ring. (6-"stone" semi-eternity fakey I wear on left ring finger to keep people off my back--bad business to be single in!)

I tell him I got it at the mall. He says, "You didn''t buy it yourself, did you?" I say of course I did, I wear it so I''m not slobbered all over on a daily basis. He asks me how much I paid for it. I laugh and say "About 8 bucks!"

He laughs and says he''s looking for something a little more, uh, real...so I write down ps''s addy and give it to him, suggesting he come here to learn and get a good deal.

The funny thing is, this ring is the fakest-looking fake I think I''ve ever seen. I''ve been considering a sim for my ering until we''re a little better off, but have been concerned...while I wouldn''t TELL people it''s real, I wouldn''t want it to be obviously, immediately apparent that it''s fake. (I ordered one of wink''s CZs, but don''t have a real diamond to do a side-by-side so not sure how it compares; my only experience with real diamonds thus far has been under those magic jeweler lights.) But I figure, unless I run into ps''ers off-line...if THIS thing fools people, wink''s has got to be a shoo-in!!
9.gif

...anyway, just wondered if anybody else talks up ps in the real world?
2.gif

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
I tell people all the time
1.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Yup, I used to help out poor couples on 47th Street (NYC Diamond District) when I used to work across the street.

I would go there during lunch breaks to see the diamonds and chat with the vendors, and anyone who was getting fleeced, I would find a way to let them know about PS. I even convinced some vendors to take a look...

Looks like once a believer, always a converter...

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
i tell everyone about pricescope...
1.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
for whatever reason i dont know many people who are in the market for stones these days so i dont get to drop the "P Bomb" very often . . . although the other night my dear BF did announce to a group of friends that i am the proud recipient of a pricescope pin! (he likes to tease me about my "obsession". what obsession? hmph. i've only been on for 2.3 hours tonight. what does he know?) anyway needless to say none of them knew what that was, and when i explained it they all looked a BIT concerned about me. lol. i guess it's hard for others to understand. . .

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I end up mentioning and explaining Pscope whenever Greg talks about my ring, he uses his normal powers of exaggeration to make it sound as though I am some 'diamond expert'who found this absolutely top-notch stone for pennies...HAH. We all know that's not true.
9.gif

lindsal

Shiny_Rock
I have certainly given PS a fair share of referrals... if only to come check out the SMTR thread to see everyones goregous jewelry and get ideas for their e-rings and bands.

The best is when you have sent a bloke who confesses he doesn't know where to start in the kind of ring he wants for his GF and then he comes back to you the next week and says, how do you do that HCA thing again, I want to check out this stone before I go see it. Makes me proud to know that there is one more educated consumer out there about to make his bride to be very happy.

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
I have told countless numbers of people about PScope! Including the gemologist that found my radiant for me! I think she has been on, and their store is one of the "local vendors" listed on the beta version of "Search & Compare" above! Maybe they will join!! I love this place!
9.gif

OK, that was way over use of the ! mark. Sorry, I can't contain myself.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
I go to malls to shop and use a megaphone to tell consumers about PriceScope. One time this bouncer from Jalesberg caught me doing it and wrestled me across the food court and into a fountain. It took 2 rent-a-cops and a guy from Chik-Fil-A to separate us!

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
lol
1.gif

darn, i miss chickfila!

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Kim - No Chik in your zone?

We can't "swing a cat" without hitting a Chik-Fil-A down here. I can send you a #1, value-sized if you like...

1.gif

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
thanks john for the #1 (extra pickles?), that spicy chicken wrap with chipotle and ranch sauce sounds good too!! so yummy
3.gif
and i can't even tell you where the nearest one is...time to investigate at chickfila.com...hehe
9.gif
can't wait to visit NC!

(i feel like i've only talked about food instead of diamonds in my last few posts)

editted: lol, well you can tell i am new to the area, there is one about 6 miles away!!! i'm a dork, i felt sorry for myself for a minute
1.gif

seeking_jubilee

Rough_Rock
>>I go to malls to shop and use a megaphone to tell consumers about PriceScope. One time this bouncer from Jalesberg caught me doing it and wrestled me across the food court and into a fountain. It took 2 rent-a-cops and a guy from Chik-Fil-A to separate us.

Now THAT is funny
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results