shape
carat
color
clarity

Price for 2 carat

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Leanne

Shiny_Rock
Hi. The following stone comes with a GIA Cert. Would the J color look dark if set in a white gold setting? Also, is this an OK cut? What would a stone this quality & size go for? Thanks!

CARAT WEIGHT 2.25 Ct.
SHAPE Round Brilliant
COLOR J
CLARITY Internally Flawless
MEASUREMENTS 8.40 - 8.47 x 5.15 mm.
DEPTH 61.1%
TABLE 57%
GIRDLE Medium to Sl. Thick, Faceted
CULET Very Small
POLISH Very Good
SYMMETRY Very Good
FLUORESCENSE None

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I would consider going up in color & much lower in clarity. Clarity is graded under a 10x loupe. The stone "should" be eyeclean in the VS1. Many SI stones are eye clean.

In a stone this size, you may indeed see some yellow hue.

JMHO, I would keep looking. ...and be looking more in the G/VS2 range. Or if you want to be a renagade, an I color stone w/ med/strong blue fluor - SI1/2.

As far as price, you can easily do a search on pricescope. Also, some folks are more sensitive to colors than others. I would visit some AGS stores & compare a G to a K, etc.

Good luck.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree...J will most likely have a yellow tinge to it. A poster about a few weeks ago purchased a superbly cut J from GoodOldGold and then returned it when he received it and I think ended up with a G or H and was very happy with it. Believe it or not there is a difference between a G and a J. Even a G and an I in many people's eyes.

White gold is not as colorless as platinum, so the metal may hide a bit of the J color, but I would also suggest to go less in clarity and get a G/VS or similar. You might even be able to go larger in carat size with the downgrade depending on your budget. IF stones can get VERY pricey. For the same price you'd pay for the J IF you could probably even get an F/VS or similar, run a few searches on Pricescope and see what you find. If cut is important to you, run using the Cut Quality search and it will only bring up what it considers top candidates.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results