shape
carat
color
clarity

Pretty sure I have salmonella.... =(

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aliciagirl

Shiny_Rock
Hey ladies -

I need some dust for feeling better! I''ve been sick all morning and I have to miss an exam at 9. I have an appointment soon and I''m pretty worried! I could use some good thoughts!

HeadOverHeels4James

Shiny_Rock
OMG girl!!! Why do you think it''s salmonella? Could it just be a bug or food poisoning??
32.gif
Awe...sweetie i''m so sorry hang in there..healthy dust coming your way!

aliciagirl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/23/2008 8:41:54 AM
Author: HeadOverHeels4James
OMG girl!!! Why do you think it''s salmonella? Could it just be a bug or food poisoning??
32.gif
Awe...sweetie i''m so sorry hang in there..healthy dust coming your way!

It could be a bug, but the symptoms are mostly pointing to salmonella. But they are TMI for here, haha. I have been feeling off for a few days now, so maybe it''s just a virus? Thanks for the dust!

HeadOverHeels4James

Shiny_Rock
awe... I wonder how they test for that? Blood culture,just blood draw, or pee test? I''m sure everything will be ok! Keep us updated!!!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry girl, that really sucks!
7.gif
I hope you feel better!

*anti-salmonella dust*

gigglebuns1186

Rough_Rock
They will get a stool culture. Hope you feel better soon!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
~`~`~`~`~`Dust, dust and more dust!!! `~`~`~`~`~

Feel better sweetie.
7.gif
Keep us posted...

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I hope it isn''t and that you feel better really soon :)

squee

Rough_Rock
Aw aliciagirl! That sucks big time. I''m sorry you''re not feeling well and that you have to miss your exam? Can you take a make-up? I really hope you''re feeling better soon! ***Healing dust coming your way!***

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I'll send you some feel better dust!! **** DUST **** Hope the doctor gets you feeling better real soon!!
4.gif

aliciagirl

Shiny_Rock
So I just got back from the dr. He wasn''t seeing patients for appointments, but had a chat with me and gave me some medicine (and a note so I can make up my exam.) He didn''t seem too concerned about it, but told me to come back if I didn''t feel better by the end of the day or if anything changed.

He asked me multiple times if I was still a pharmacy student and because of that, I think he knows I will follow his advice to the letter. I still think it was weird to not really see me, but oh well! I hope the medicine makes me feel better.

Booper717

Shiny_Rock
Awww, I really hope you feel better soon! That''s good that you got a note to make up your exam, no worries there!

Feel better!!!!!!!!!!!!!
emrose.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
I sure hope you feel better soon! I hate getting sick
7.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I''ve had it. The bad news was that I thought I was going to DIE. The good news is I was better in 30-35 hours. Good luck! I hope it blows ago quickly.

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
I had salmonella last year (from the whole peanut butter thing) and my symptoms where severe diarrhea, and stomach cramps. No vomiting though. Of course I just assumed it was a bug and popped Immodium. After a week of no improvement, I finally saw a doctor, and by then I was really sick!! I felt 50% better an hour after my first dose of Cipro! Kudos to you for seeing a doctor so soon (even though he didn''t "see you"). Feel better!!!

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I just had food posioning and my mom had samonella last year.

If you feel up to eating, try bananas, chicken soup and ginger ale. The bananas are easy on the stomach and help with back end problems. Chicken soup has protein and sodium which you are probably losing a lot of. Ginger ale will give you some sugars for energy and will help settle your stomach.

Don''t take imodium though, it will make the problems last longer.

I have had two bad stomach illnesses in the past three years and each was worse for me than 3 month of mono, you have my sympathy.

aliciagirl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/23/2008 11:34:09 PM
Author: brazen_irish_hussy
I just had food posioning and my mom had samonella last year.

If you feel up to eating, try bananas, chicken soup and ginger ale. The bananas are easy on the stomach and help with back end problems. Chicken soup has protein and sodium which you are probably losing a lot of. Ginger ale will give you some sugars for energy and will help settle your stomach.

Don''t take imodium though, it will make the problems last longer.

I have had two bad stomach illnesses in the past three years and each was worse for me than 3 month of mono, you have my sympathy.

The doctor actually gave me Lomotil, which kind of worried me because he didn''t do any test to see if it was bacterial and if it is/was then that''s a pretty bad idea. I am feeling better taking it, though, and as long as I can get through my make-up exam tomorrow afternoon I''ll be fine.

Thanks for the chicken noodle and ginger ale tip - that''s basically what I''ve had all day. I''ve been craving fruit so bad but didn''t have any and didn''t want to go out for any. Tomorrow I need to pick up some bananas though. That sounds so good.

Thanks for all the good thoughts, ladies. I''m starting to feel mostly better.

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
Watch out for fruit! I was eating fruits and veggies thinking they would be easier on my tummy and doctor told me that was a big mistake! Apparently raw fruits and veggies only make the squirts worse. I think she said applesauce and bananas were okay though.

Cass

Rough_Rock
Oh no! I hope you feel better. I had e. coli a couple of years ago- worst experience of my life. I thought I was going to die. My mother thought I was going to die and no one knew what was wrong with me. It wasn''t very pretty. Luckily, after a few days in the hospital and lots of pain medicine later, I was much better.

I hope you don''t have salmonella and get better asap!

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 12:03:57 AM
Author: Izzy03
Watch out for fruit! I was eating fruits and veggies thinking they would be easier on my tummy and doctor told me that was a big mistake! Apparently raw fruits and veggies only make the squirts worse. I think she said applesauce and bananas were okay though.
bananas solidify things. The suggestion is the BRAT diet, bananas, rice, applesauce and toast, all of which help with stomach problems.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Could it possibly be a Noro Virus? My entire family caught it at my grandmother''s funeral last year. The symptoms are very similar to food poisoning, but it''s a lot faster moving.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
If you think you have Salmonella, PLEASE go to your doctor and tell them that''s what you think you have. Because there are outbreaks right now, cases of Salmonella must be reported to the CDC so that they can track where outbreaks are happening. Please, go see a doc!

aliciagirl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 12:37:08 PM
Author: surfgirl
If you think you have Salmonella, PLEASE go to your doctor and tell them that''s what you think you have. Because there are outbreaks right now, cases of Salmonella must be reported to the CDC so that they can track where outbreaks are happening. Please, go see a doc!

He told me that if it went away in 24 hours it was likely a virus. And it did go away, so I''m not worried. I originally thought it was salmonella because I had some homemade salsa over the weekend with jalepenos and then got sick. But I''m feeling much better!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Glad you are feeling better!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results