shape
carat
color
clarity

Pressure cookers...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
We got Cuisinart electric pressure cooker for our wedding, and I'm looking for advice! I've never used one before and even though this one looks pretty idiot-proof (as in, I don't think I could blow the lid off and put a hole in the ceiling), I need a push into using it. So, does anyone have tips on adapting recipes for pressure cookers, or ideas for things other than cooking beans and making beef stew? I'm excited to be able to make brown rice quickly, and I know that there must be tons more stuff I could do with it, but I just don't know what. I'd love your recipes, the healthier and/or tastier the better!

ETA: DH and I don't eat pork products so other types of recipes are better for me, but if you have good recipes for something pork-based, post it anyway because there might be someone else out there who would love to try it
1.gif

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
round steak is awesome in one, I want to get one.
Cut into serving size pieces, brown it on high heat in a fry pan, put it in the pressure cooker with thin gravy.
Cook per directions.
It will melt in your mouth.
Total time around 25min with cool down.

Same for roasts.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I have a non-electric one (Cuisinart). I mostly use it for spare-ribs. Instead of baking them in the sauce for 1.5 hours at 350F in the oven, I cook them in the pressure cooker with some spices for about 15 minutes, then heat them in the sauce in the oven for 30-ish minutes. My user''s manual has a few recipes, so yours probably does too; maybe you could try one of those?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results