shape
carat
color
clarity

presidential congratulations

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
this is a little follow-up. last month or so i posted some pics of my DIY invites. the envelope in the pics was addressed to Pres & Mrs Obama. a few people asked if i really sent them an invite, which i did. i had heard that if you send a wedding invitation to the president through the greetings office, you would get a "congratulations" reply. well, ours came today. and it's just really kinda cool. if you'd like to send your own invite to the prez, here's the address i used:
The Honorable Barack Obama & Mrs. Obama
The White House
Greetings Office Room #39
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, D.C.

prezcongrat.jpg

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
That IS pretty cool!! Did they really sign it or is it a printed signature? ;))

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Awesome, lulu!

Thanks for posting! You can bet I'll be sending one of OUR invites to the White House!!! :appl:

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
So rad! I wish I knew about this when I got married! I wonder if they'll take a past dated invite?! :cheeky:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Interesting.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Wow!! So cool! :razz:

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
That is so awesome!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
iheartbora said:
That IS pretty cool!! Did they really sign it or is it a printed signature? ;))

def not a real signature but it still made our day!

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
We also did this! We sent invites to: President and First Lady; Governor and First Lady of Texas; Mickey & Minnie Mouse; The Pope.

We received some really beautiful keepsakes for our wedding including the greeting from the President and a gorgeous certificate from the Governor of Texas and a signed photo of Mickey and Minnie dressed as bride and groom. We were unable to receive a Papal blessing because both marrying parties have to be catholic and only I am.

Other notable invites and responses that I've heard of are:

Her Majesty, The Queen of England (they send a congratulatory card as well)
Different State Senators (John McCain sent Arizona brides a beautiful crystal vase during the last election year)
Oprah Winfrey (her people send an autographed photo and a congratulatory card)
Canadian Prime Minister (sends congratulatory card)
Assorted Celebrities

Also a friend of mine sent a TON of female celebrities (Scarlett Johansson; Megan Fox; Jessica Alba; Jessica Biel, etc.) a note via their agencies that her future husband was getting married and would they please send a signed photo stating their regret at his upcoming nuptials in time for his bachelor party (she included a postage paid flat envelope). She got over 15 color photos with notes and put them together into a "black book" that she sent to his bachelor party with the best man. The groom LOVED it and it is still proudly displayed in his "mancave". I considered doing that for DH, but I didn't learn of it until way too close to the wedding and she said it took her MONTHS to gather all the photos and put them together. It's still pretty neat that Scarlett was devastated at his upcoming marriage and that Jessica offered to save herself for him in case he changed his mind.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
wannaBMrsH said:
We also did this! We sent invites to: President and First Lady; Governor and First Lady of Texas; Mickey & Minnie Mouse; The Pope.

We received some really beautiful keepsakes for our wedding including the greeting from the President and a gorgeous certificate from the Governor of Texas and a signed photo of Mickey and Minnie dressed as bride and groom. We were unable to receive a Papal blessing because both marrying parties have to be catholic and only I am.

Different State Senators (John McCain sent Arizona brides a beautiful crystal vase during the last election year)
Assorted Celebrities

Also a friend of mine sent a TON of female celebrities (Scarlett Johansson; Megan Fox; Jessica Alba; Jessica Biel, etc.) a note via their agencies that her future husband was getting married and would they please send a signed photo stating their regret at his upcoming nuptials in time for his bachelor party (she included a postage paid flat envelope). She got over 15 color photos with notes and put them together into a "black book" that she sent to his bachelor party with the best man. The groom LOVED it and it is still proudly displayed in his "mancave". I considered doing that for DH, but I didn't learn of it until way too close to the wedding and she said it took her MONTHS to gather all the photos and put them together. It's still pretty neat that Scarlett was devastated at his upcoming marriage and that Jessica offered to save herself for him in case he changed his mind.

I love this idea! I'm sorry you didn't get to do it; but very cool idea!

Lulu: Love the picture! That is one RSPV I would keep! Fun!

Wow! You ladies are full of wonderful ideas! So cool.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
wannaBMrsH said:

Assorted Celebrities

so awesome!! thanks for sharing.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
That is so cool! Think of how fun and interesting it will be to show that to your children and grandchildren.

I love the celebrity "black book" idea, too. Very clever!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Very cool Lulu! Thank you for sharing. I definitely want to do this.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results