shape
carat
color
clarity

preownedweddingdresses.com???

tacoritoes

Rough_Rock
is anyone familiar with this site? is it legit? what was your experience? any info would be great as i'm currently eying a dress much too pricey to pay full retail

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I have heard of it...I think it is legit. Can you try on the dress at a retail store near you first to make sure you like it? I think there are no returns with POWD so I would make sure that you know you love the dress first.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
I think it's legit but it is just a site that allows people post their dress online to sell, you are still buying from a individual not the site. so make sure you do from paypal or something has a protection program

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
I saw a dress I liked on the web site, so I went to the Priscilla of Boston store to try on the dress. I loved it, contacted the seller, asked for more pictures of the tags, store receipt showing price, hemline etc to verify that it was authentic and clean. I paid via paypal/ credit card (to give myself protection in case I didn't receive it or it was not in good condition), and then she shipped the dress to me, USPS. I picked it up from the post office, and it was PERFECT!!

I sold the dress on POWD about half a year after my wedding and had a good experience again.

The price was retailed at 2300, and I think the original owner paid 1800 or 1900. I paid 1000 including shipping, spent around 50 dollars on adding covered buttons and a different bustle, $50 dry cleaning fee after wedding, $25 listing fee to sell it on the web site, and sold it for $825.

I got to wear the dress of my dreams, help save the environment by reusing, and receive the dress in a week instead of waiting several months. Also, when you buy a dress on this site, people list their measurements in the dress, so you have a better idea of how the dress will actually fit you. This could possibly save you $$ on alterations as well if you pick a dress worn by someone with your same measurements. They paid for the alterations instead of you :)

A year after my wedding, my sister-in-law was married in a new dress, but she sold her dress on POWD too and also had a good experience.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sold a Maggie dress there without a hitch. I recommend it bride I meet that is getting married. Why pay retail when weddings are so expensive to begin with? Besides, many of the dresses were bought and never worn! Try it on at the store and then see if a bride is selling it. I do recommend finding your seamstress first though bc depending on the style of dress, how many times it's been altered/etc it can be more difficult to alter then again. Always best to take in and not let out as well.

Good luck!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
I almost bought a dress off of POWD and had a really good experience with it. I'd also recommend OnceWed's section on dresses. The only reason I didn't get it was because I found a dress I loved more, but I completely trust both sites. Good luck!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results