shape
carat
color
clarity

Premium denim.... is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
violet - how do you like the Hudsons? I''ve not really tried them or true religion, but I''ve heard good things. I''m definitely curvy, so they need to accommodate that. I wonder if they make petites?

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2008 2:51:44 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
violet - how do you like the Hudsons? I''ve not really tried them or true religion, but I''ve heard good things. I''m definitely curvy, so they need to accommodate that. I wonder if they make petites?
I''m not sure about the petites.. my friend is very slim and she buys Hudsons, did you mean in terms of length? I just buy mine and get them hemmed!

Anyways I love the Hudsons, they are becoming more of my wear everyday jean (like some or my more casual pairs of Joe''s). They are super comfortable and have that bit of stretch to them that I like so I have room to ''breathe'' in (98% cotton, 2% Elastan). Plus I love the little button pocket, it differentiates them from all of my other jeans and looks cute I think. They fit great too, particularly for someone built like I am (curvy as well). These are definitely ''buy them on the tighter side because they will stretch'' jeans.

I''m kinda over True Religion. Some cuts fit great for me as well but the over exaggerated heavy stitching on a lot of pairs they have these days seems a bit too much to me, that coupled with the 200 plus dollar price tag isn''t the best. I have a pair and that''s enough I think. I don''t wear them nearly as much as I wear my other jeans.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Good to know about the Hudson''s. I was contemplating getting another pair of my everyday jeans (SFAM flip flops in NY Dark), but I might have to look into a pair of Hudson''s instead.

I meant petite in terms of length - you''ve seen me in person, I''m definitely not "narrow" or "slim" particularly (though I often wish I were)
2.gif
20.gif
3.gif

The price and the pocket stitching were big parts of my hesitation on the True Religion - I just didn''t love them. But based on your comments I''ll definitely try a pair of Hudson''s next time I''m near a good denim department
1.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just bought my first pair of Joes today and I love them. I was half asleep when I packed my gym bag this morning and threw in an old pair of pants...that were 2 sizes too big! Luckily I work right next door to a Filene''s Basement. I''ve been meaning to invest in some good jeans, but like some of the other ladies mentioned, I''m in the middle of losing weight. All of my old clothes are too big now but I''m not 100% comitted to buying a whole new wardrobe. Anyway, I needed some new pants so I picked up a pair of Joes Petite Provocateurs for about $80. I didn''t realize they were petites, but I was wearing flip flops and they were the perfect length. So these will be my flip flop jeans. I''m also interested in the Joes Honey and Socialite styles. They didn''t have those in my size though. So far so good, we''ll see how things go with these. Oh, and for anyone in Boston, the Filene''s Basement on Boylston is having a big denim event. All of their premium denim is priced at $39-$120 with additional percentages taken at the register.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2008 7:13:21 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
Good to know about the Hudson's. I was contemplating getting another pair of my everyday jeans (SFAM flip flops in NY Dark), but I might have to look into a pair of Hudson's instead.

I meant petite in terms of length - you've seen me in person, I'm definitely not 'narrow' or 'slim' particularly (though I often wish I were)
2.gif
20.gif
3.gif

The price and the pocket stitching were big parts of my hesitation on the True Religion - I just didn't love them. But based on your comments I'll definitely try a pair of Hudson's next time I'm near a good denim department
1.gif
I saw you but I don't remember you being non-petite in the non-small kinda way! Hehe.
3.gif
Length-wise they are long.. the ones i got were at macy's... Nordstroms carries them too. I'm sure bloomingdales does but I don't get a chance to go in there much! Anyways I just get them hemmed. I've never found jeans that are short enough for me that fit me! I wish... Let me know if they come petite! I bought a light pair and a medium colored pair since i got the page jeans in the dark dark wash.

I was wearing the SFAM Dojo jeans in a light wash. I wore them out! They tore across the butt! lol.. oh how I loved those jeans though, same 98% Cotton, 2% Elastan mix. So comfy!

Let me know what you think of the fit on the Hudson's. I'm curious to hear how they work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results