shape
carat
color
clarity

Premiere

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Garry Holloway, Australian gemologist and jeweler, FGAA, DipDT, JAA Appraiser and my dear friend, has created a new Tutorial, Video and Holloway Cut Adviser for Pricescope.Lawmax and I have had fun and pleasure to bring it to your attention.Today is the premiere of the first version of this work.I'd like to thank all the experts who have reviewed the work and gave extremely valuable comments.We'll appreciate any further critics, comments and suggestion.Thanks!
burnout.gif

Iiro

Shiny_Rock
Hi Leonid,
Yes, I got it working.
It is amasingly easy to use.Also there is a video and a very large tutorial section. Have you thought this? How much a consumer can understand of all the info you give him?
I have found sometimes it is most important to tell wich way up the stone is set
biggrin.gif
If a consumer goes to a mall type jewelry shop and opens conversation about cut he is not understud there. Sibelius

heel2005

Rough_Rock
I used the tutorial and found it helpful. Nice job.

Does Garry also appraise diamonds (but he is not a seller as I understand it)? If so, what is his contact information?

Iiro

Shiny_Rock
To all consumers who may read this,
Dont let my bad humor mislead you. Garry and Leonid have created exellent tool for you. There are other tools (expensive machines like brilliancescope etc)but this is free for your to use and gives an easyreading result.
Why in the first place it has been so difficult to rate the cut? My ansver is: It has been and still is a trade secret. This kind of information has never before been public. In the field of diamonds it is has always been secret how to pick the best ones. This the first time I see someone is telling his method. GIA is de facto standard for you to tell the other 3 C's (Clarity Color And Carat). This Advisor is your tool for check out the Cut.
Best luck with searching your pet rock.SibeliusIiro Suokko www.suokko.com

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Moi Sibelius
smile.gif
Thanks a lot for your kind words!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Moi Sibelius
smile.gif
Thanks a lot for your kind words!I know you're curious about more trials. Email Garry or me and we'll arrange it for you
smile.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hey Sibelius
smile.gif
I emailed you your user name and password:You supposed to receive the password by email immediately after registration. Did you get it?
smile.gif
Leonid

Iiro

Shiny_Rock
Hi Leonid,
firejump.gif
you have done something really new with Garry.
Gongratulations. But, perk**e. I cannot use your new Advisor. It says my name is taken( I wonder who
wink.gif
) and my e- mail is alredy in use!? How can I register?Sibelius

Iiro

Shiny_Rock
EGL (Exclusievly Graded by Lawmax)

Iiro

Shiny_Rock
Name for Engine?
How about GIA( Garrys Ideal Advisor)
wink.gif

And the stones are GIA rated
king.gif
JUst kidding.Seriously speaking I think Advisor is ok. It does rate the stones but is has not got the status of being accepted by industry yet.
If it gets accepted by public, industry must follow. I think this your goal.
Sibelius

fsideal.gif

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Well Dave you want to know the color of my underpants too?
I will reply privately, as we have decided to keep the rules secret. But anyone can enter a few searches and get an idea of my opinion fom the comments generated.
We also made a few adjustments around the Tolkowsy region.S I love your way with words GIA, EGL AGS!!!!
Unfortunately nothing is as simple as yin and yang.
Garry

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
In the traditional AGS 0 model, what is the balance range of brilliancy to scintillation? Since cutters take advantage of the parameters in order to retain weight how wide a range is there from the best to the worst cut AGS 0? Is the range very wide due to the many different cutting parameters allowed under the AGS 0 guidelines.What balance of brilliancy/scintillation do you find most pleasing to the eye? What verbal grades for brilliancy and fire does the Holloway adviser give to that particular stone which pleases you to the maximum level? Is there a small group of parameters that grade "excellent" in both brilliancy and fire and if so, what are their cut parameters?I hope this makes sense to those who read it. I think it is a valid set of questions that Garry may have the answers to.Thanks...
------------------
David Atlas
Accredited Gem Appraisers

Iiro

Shiny_Rock
If the Engine were mine it would be AGS(Advise Given by Sibelius)
Sibelius

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi everyone.
Thx for the kind words.
I will not sell diamonds over the web. I do not think it is ethical for Leonid and I to do that - we will inevitably end up in a conflict.
The exception I will make is Pink Diamonds.
If anyone wants to buy jewellery from my store in Australia, thats fine too. But I am not running any e-tailing operations.
Please folks use the Advisor and let uss know what you think.
There has been some chat on Diamondtalk.com with some unusual combinations outperforming AGS 000's.
Finally we are having a debate about calling it Advisor or Ratings
also which is more appropriate? Ideal cut or Beautiful cut or some other name for stones we recomend?

Iiro

Shiny_Rock
Is there inside the oval a superior line of best balance between Fire and Brillance?. Can that line be drawn to ressemble Jin and Jan figure? (Jing And Jang?)Balance cut?sibelius

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Cute Sibelius!
smile.gif
lawmax

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results