shape
carat
color
clarity

Preliminary dress shopping questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Ladies...
So this is premature as the BF hasn''t officially proposed yet (dust for this weekend please
3.gif
), but his mother is coming into town next week and wants to go dress shopping. I guess his family paid for most of his brother''s wedding, but his mom didn''t get to go dress shopping with T, so she really wants to go with me. They live across the country though, so this will likely be the only chance.

A few weeks ago my friend and I went shopping at a couple of places and tried on a few dresses. I know it''s a hassle to go to an external site, but it just seems easier to give you a better view of the dresses. DRESSES

SO...my questions are...is it strange for the F-FMIL to buy the dress? If she does, should she be there when you try it on? And if our time is limited, should I stick to these dresses letting her see them and maybe a couple other or should I start fresh?

I would love to get some unbiased and honest opinions. Are any of you responding strongly to any of these? At first I was only so-so on the VL dress, but I think that one is my favorite now. Should I try other silhouettes? Pull the trigger on one of these? Or should I slow down and get a dress that I find at some future time? Thanks for your thoughts. It''s wonderful to have you all here who have been through the process. (I was completely clueless about this when we went shopping).

Thank you thank you!!!
1.gif
1.gif

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
Well, when I put the wrong link up it really makes it hard to look.
20.gif

Sorry, this should work better.

KatM

Shiny_Rock
i dont think there's anything weird about it at all, in fact i think it speaks very well of how highly she thinks of you. were i in that position, my only concern would be that my own mother/maternal figure (whoever that may be for you) might also have ideas about looking for dresses/buying a dress for you. otherwise, i say go for it!

eta: V1 and VL look especially fabulous on you i think.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 8:37:47 PM
Author: KatM
i dont think there''s anything weird about it at all, in fact i think it speaks very well of how highly she thinks of you. were i in that position, my only concern would be that my own mother/maternal figure (whoever that may be for you) might also have ideas about looking for dresses/buying a dress for you. otherwise, i say go for it!

eta: V1 and VL look especially fabulous on you i think.
I couldn''t agree more! Those two definitely stood out the most...they both looked amazing on your figure!

To answer your question about your FMIL paying for your dress, I do not think it''s strange if that is what she offered and you are comfortable with her paying. If I were in your situation, I would definitely consult with her before selecting a dress. Can you go back to the store where you had originally tried the dresses if you have your heart set on a specific dress?

Oh, and lots of *******dust*********** for this weekend!!!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE VL!!!! So flattering on you!!!!! I don''t think it''s odd that FMIL pays for it, but I definitely would get her input (send her pics, etc) before buying the dress if she is unable to be there when you buy it.

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
TopoDazzle, you're so beautiful! i think all the dresses looked amazing on you, but my favorites are V1 and VL.

i don't think it's weird that your FFMIL wants to buy you your dress. i think it's awesome since she must love you very much to do something like that. i agree with KatM on making sure how your mom/maternal figure feels about it. if it's possible, i'd take the both of them shopping and perhaps they can split the cost of the dress if they both want to contribute. how exciting and major *DUST* for you this weekend!!! keep us posted!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I
emlove.gif
the VL. It''s my favorite.

mousey

Shiny_Rock
another vote for VL- stunning! But I loved the back of V1 too. I think those two stand out from the pics of the others! And you seem to look happier in those dresses too r something!

katomm

Shiny_Rock
I think bringing along your FMIL would be a great idea, she''d probably love being part of the process. As for her paying, if she wants to then there''s nothing wrong with that.

My vote if V1, the bow in the back :)

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks KatM, SammyJ, Princessplease, VIP, MScushion, Mousey and Katomn!!

So, I think the plan is to take her back to the salon where I tried on VL and V1 and let her pick out some others to try as well. If we have time we might try to go one other place. Thanks too for all the words of wisdom with respect to paying/shopping and mothers! My own is rather out of the picture, but I realize that my stepmom who lives close might like a go...I should invite her at least. Never would have figured that out without you ladies!
9.gif
9.gif

And VIP, thank you for the lovely compliment. It made my morning (as I sit here unshowered, uncombed and feeling generally grossish).

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
Hey there!

I have to say V1 looks GORGEOUS
30.gif
on you! I lOVE the sash!

Beautiful and so flattering!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results