shape
carat
color
clarity

Pregnant Bridesmaid - dress dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cakeny

Shiny_Rock
One of my BM''s is pregnant! :) Well technically 2, but we already knew about the first one when she was asked to be in the party. Anyway, that''s the good news. The bad news is that she now has to resell the original BM dress that she ordered for my wedding. She is getting a new BM dress (a maternity BM dress from same company) rather than altering the original one with extra fabric. I already have another pregnant BM who ordered the maternity one already so this newly pregnant BM will just get the same dress.

Other than ebay- does she have any other options for reselling the original? Just wondering.

(And no, dress company will not cancel the order, the dresses are in production already. boo.

teapot

Shiny_Rock
Try calling your dress shop and see if you would be able to exchange the dress for a fee or (even better) for free. I''ve heard of some dress shops doing that.

cakeny

Shiny_Rock
Nope,
Of course the first thing I did when my friend told me the news was call the shop. They said they would call the dress manufacturers/factory (Jim Hjelm) to see if they could cancel the order but that they couldn''t promise anything. So they tried and it was a no go.

FYI - RK Bridal in Manhattan is NOT the most flexible or friendliest of places. You would think that these dress shops would have provisions for pregnancies... but no.

teapot

Shiny_Rock
hmmmm, I wish I could give you more advice. Maybe someone here can help you.

cakeny

Shiny_Rock
I appreciate the help :) so thanks.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Would the bridal shop (or another popular vendor) let you put up a flier? If she is willing to loose a little money, that might work. You could also post on Craigslist around homecoming/prom time. Or, take it to a consignment shop? Or add a BM :)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
How far along will she be at your wedding?

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
try theknot.com trash to treasure boards. also try weddingbee.com and bravobride.com and projectwedding.com and craigslist.

those are the places I''d look! hope this helps!

cakeny

Shiny_Rock
Tacori - a little shy of 5 months.

Red rose - thank you, i will suggest all of those to my friend.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is the dress super fitted? I''m sure you thought about this already, but she might be able to wear it still if it''s an empire style...

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
If its her first baby, at 5 months she might still fit, or be able to with minimal alterations. I know when I was that far along I had only gained 10 pounds or so, and was barely showing. A real maternity dress may look huge on her, so it might be better to make the original work instead.

cakeny

Shiny_Rock
Yup, keeping the original dress and just altering it a bit would have be the easiest route, sure! I did ask if she would really be showing a lot by then and maybe it would be easier to just get extra material and alter the dress a bit, but she just felt more comfortable ordering the maternity dress and I support that. Anyway, the original dress is not empire waisted at all, it''s a very slim fitting dress (they all picked it out), so I understand her decision. Yeah, my bridal party = all skinny minnies.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
She may want to hold onto the original just incase the maternity one has her swimming. You could always sell it later.

How tall is she? After taking birthing classes last month I realize how much height has to do with how big a pregnant woman looks. At 5''7" I was smaller looking than most of the women in the room. The shorter, the bigger, since there''s no where else for the baby to go but out.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results