shape
carat
color
clarity

pregnancy and ring size????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone managed to wear the same ring size throughout pregnancy? Do you have a seperate set or w-band for these ummm... expansions? Do you resize your main rings?
20.gif

I have a size 5.5 diamond half-band (inherited this year) that I plan to wear in case I michelin-out again(I''m normally 4.5ish). Last time, I wore my rings on a chain but I don''t think I''ll do that again.

I blimped majorly at about 7.5+ months. Granted, I wasn''t watching salt intake and I was eating everything in sight, esp. towards the end. The rings would have defintely had to be cut off.

I''d love to hear other experiences & ideas. If you have an alternate w.band or set feel free to post them! I''ll try to get a pic of the diamond band up soon.

41.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got a simple gold band when I could no longer wear my rings. And wore it again for my next pregnancy. I wish I could've worn my rings throughout my whole pregancy, but that just didn't happen!!

iceprincess

Shiny_Rock
Kaylagee,
Are you expecting a baby? If so, congratulations!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Kay- Congrats.
face23.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
cute kid, kay!

I decided the other day in the nail salon that if we were to have kids, I would immediately buy a big fake blingy eternity ring ala 7ctw and wear that when I could no longer wear my real rings--which for me would probably be ...oh 2 weeks into it. i know that i will never be one of those cute small pregnant women...it will be all bloatedness and fat ankles for me!
39.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My eternity ring, which is at least a full size bigger than my ER, was a perfect fit for me when I was pregnant. I put my ER in my safe.

cheers--Sharon

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Spending at least 20 minutes in the pool per day is suppose to help immensely with swelling! With my first pregnancy, my fingers and ankles swelled so much I could barely put on any rings OR shoes. I don''t think I even bothered wearing any bands on my wedding finger toward the end. All I cared about was getting the little guy out of me. . .

My second pregnancy, I took my two-year-old son to the pool regularily and noticed that I barely had ANY swelling ;-) I ate less too, lol, so this probably helped, but I did read that the pressure from being in pool water helps reduce water retention and so I tried this and found it helped. My shoes still fit. lol!
2.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Kaleigh, yes I'll probably have to break down at some point and buy a preggie w-band too!

Thanks Sevens!
37.gif
I want to have five children ideally but I started sort of late. It took me a while to meet my DH after my first 'marriage' at 19 yrs(divorced a year later). I'll be 35 in November!

Mara & Sharon, That sounds soo tempting. Of course, I'd have to go with a McFakerton version. That could be fun! I may have to start cruising the home shopping websites? If you find any cute ones, please let me know!

I totally wanted to be sorta slender with just the baby belly...ha! by the end, I was living in birkenstocks because my normal shoes were too small. I'm not gaining as fast(yet) this time mainly because I've had stronger nausea.

MichelleC, thanks for the swimming tip! I'll have to try that because I really got out of hand last time. Maybe this will at least keep me in my shoes.
25.gif

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
First of all congratulations on your pregnancy!! During my first pregnancy I didn''t have trouble wearing my rings the entire time. I thought for sure they''d get too small thru the summer and since I gained 60lbs with dd, I''m shocked they fit.

I''m 5 months along now and my rings are fitting just fine. I have been sick and haven''t gained any weight with this one so we''ll see..........he''s due in July.

So are you finding out the sex by u/s or is it going to be a surprise? We didn''t want to know but the u/s tech accidently told us.

Jaime

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Jaime! That''s excellent that you were able to keep them on the whole time! I made it to about 7mos.

I''m torn between wanting to wait until the birth and being able to know if I should buy girl clothing. LOL! It all boils down to shopping! heehee! Seriously, we might be able to keep our curiousity tamed for the duration.

I''ve heard a lot of stories about the u/s technician spoiling the surprise tho''. People have to practically go in waving their arms "Don''t tell us anything about the sex!"
20.gif
37.gif

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
I wore mine to about 6 months before I had to stop. Mostly it was from swelling as I didn''t gain much.

I just wore other rings I had that were larger.

Oddly, even though all the weight came off in 2 weeks post delivery and I am even 5 lbs lighter than I was prepregnancy, the rings still didn''t fit, so I had to get them sized up a quarter size. Weird...

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
wow, that''s like my feet. I went from 8.5 to to 9.5-10 in the last months of pregnancy. I had a lot of swelling too. I''m a 9 now. I could get into some of my larger 8.5s but the rest had to go. I wore an 8 in college.
20.gif

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/14/2005 12
6.gif
3:12 AM
Author: kaylagee

Of course, I''d have to go with a McFakerton version. That could be fun! I may have to start cruising the home shopping websites? If you find any cute ones, please let me know!
QVC has an awesome 5.20 carat asscher eternity band:

j09577.001

and for utimate bling, a matching 3.80 carat e-ring:

j08403.001

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I''d be getting a SMALLER fake ring so that when I went back to my real e-ring, it would feel huge!

K-congrats on your pregnancy!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2005 4:19:14 PM
Author: kaylagee
wow, that's like my feet. I went from 8.5 to to 9.5-10 in the last months of pregnancy. I had a lot of swelling too. I'm a 9 now. I could get into some of my larger 8.5s but the rest had to go. I wore an 8 in college.
20.gif
This is really common! While pregnant, most of the moms I knew who already had children, had gone up a half (or more) shoe size so I wasn't entirely unprepared when my size 8 feet "grew" to a size 8.5.

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
LOL! Major imitation blingage there! Thanks Lynne!
37.gif

I''m having some second thoughts about going with cz for my preggie band(I was also thinking about getting a fake ec). I just haven''t been able to find any yet that I like enough to wear in public. I had a pair of Interlap earrings and Ashas studs and both were sold and returned respectively. I haven''t seen the diamonique yet. hmm?

I guess I''m a diamondgirl..everytime I try on a cz, I''m thinking or saying wistfully "wow, what would this look like in real diamond?!" Also the D color leaves me a bit cold.

My husband is not so keen on czs either(thank goodness!). I ordered a few Signities last year and my husband thought I was nuts. I did like the canary signity, but again wondered how it compared to a yellow diamond and sent it back as well.

Recently, I tried a pair of moissanite earrings and they were really pretty. Not super diamond-like but shimmery and attractive in their own diffuse, twinkly way. A moissanite half-band might be more my speed & hopefully be sizeable/beadable. I went from about a 4.5/4.75 to a 5/5 1/4 towards the end of the preg. The mois is a bit overpriced tho''.

Island, smart point about going smaller instead..why torture myself?! A simple gold band is sounding good too.

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/4/2005 12:54:44 PM
Author: MichelleCarmen
This is really common! While pregnant, most of the moms I knew who already had children, had gone up a half (or more) shoe size so I wasn''t entirely unprepared when my size 8 feet ''grew'' to a size 8.5.

I wish I hadn''t gone on a little shoe binge before getting married. sigh.. I really should have waited.
40.gif
They won''t continue to grow with each preg.,right? LOL!

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Here's that 10 or 12mm(?) yellow signity cz that I was infatuated with. I wonder how much a diamond like this would cost?!
3.gif

yelsig.jpg

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Kaylagee! I also have a boy who is turning 3 soon, and a little girl who is exacly 25 months younger, so your kids are going to be similar to mine in age spread. I hope you get the little girl that you want. Little boys are great, but little girls are SO precious....and get to have a ton of cute clothes.

I gained over 50lbs with both of my pregnancies, and it wasn''t from swelling. I just pigged out, so my finger size didn''t increase that much, I normally wear a 5.5, and during both pregnancies, I wore a size 6 3-stone anniversary type CZ ring. I didn''t want to walk around without a ring for some reason.

Anyways, I lost all the weight after both pregnancies, but my knuckles seem to have gotten bigger. People say that your joints become looser during pregnancy becuase it helps with the birth of the baby....well, my joints never shrank back. I still wear my 5.5 rings, but I have to push them really hard through the knuckle part. They are loose on the bottom though.

Also wanted to add, my feet never got bigger. They were and have been a size 7 ever since I reached adulthood, and I''m 5''7", so they''re not really porportioned to the rest of me.

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
I wore my rings throughout both pregnancies (mine are 13 months apart!) but I had gained weight before I got pregnant with the first one. My original e-ring is a size 5 1/2 and now my rings are 6 /12 (even though I''ve been measured as a 6).

My feet didn''t get bigger either. Just my damn hips! I still can''t get into pre-pregnancy clothes! I would like to lose the weight before we start on #3.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
I wore mine on a necklace when I was pregnant

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
So far so good... rings are still gliding on w/spinning room at 22 weeks. Of course, my appetite has returned in all it''s glory, so we shall see. I am smaller than I was with the first at this stage.

The u/s tech said we''re having another boy! Dh is thrilled of course. I''m happy but outnumbered. Not sure how many more tries I''m willing to take for a girl.

Waaah! All of my jewelry will go to my daughters-in-law! LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results