shape
carat
color
clarity

Preggo stuff, Baby Stuff, Toddler Stuff...post your best finds here!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Love it Mara!!! Looks really cute!. I assume the quality is probably pretty similar. It didn''t take long at all for us to get ours (maybe 2 weeks total?), but I am glad we ordered them early because we weren''t sure how long they would take and wanted to allow time for returns if needed.

I bought ours unseen too. Robin has the same one and she had given it the thumbs up!...so I went for it!.

I recommend using the regular shipping option (rather than the ship to store). You do save the shipping cost, but *if* you have to return it, it''s going to be much more convenient to just use regular shipping. They basically tell you to package it and then send the UPS guy over to get it...you don''t even have to worry about printing labels or anything.

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
hey mara -
we also have the same crib as mandy. no problems with scratches/dents etc. i *really* like it (esp. for the $$) our crib came with the conversion bar to change it into a toddler bed too - which was a pleasant surprise. i have a crap-tastic picture i took on my phone (i ordered a new camera this week and was waiting to take ''good pics'' of the room until it came in, but here ya go)

also, it did take about 3 weeks the crib to come in - but we had it shipped to the store.

on second thought, the picture doesn''t really show the crib all that well... awwww heck, i''ll post it anyway....

vizcrib.jpg

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
thanks Janine / Sunkist!! will be looking now
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks gals--i love the nursery photos!! i got a little sidetracked on PB kids today because they have a sweet little crib for $399 (marked down from $599) in espresso, white, honey, etc. i like PB quality for furniture, we have the aris desk and filing cabinet from them and have been happy. and i have a $200 gift card there. BUT their changing table is $800. so that basically knocks the savings to nil and then costs some, the walmart one is $299 as well. and i am a freak about finishes matching so i won''t buy the crib at PB and the changing table at walmart. so i''ll stick with Walmart for both, i think.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know how those walmart cribs hold up, but I can vouch for the pricier cribs. I have a bonavita that is 8 years old. My friend used it for her 2 kids and now I have it and it can definitely last for another kid at least. It''s built like a tank and really solid. I would think by now the gate rail would be toast with how I bang it around but it is great. And the crib looks pristine. I''m really surprised by it!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love our Munire crib but that is pricy. I have a Walmart changing table that basically is as nice as the price was. Pretty shaky but I knew I would not keep it forever.

About Bumbos some kids do arch their back and it could be dangerous but most kids do great in them. We loved our Bumbo. We used it as a first high chair, in the bath tub, for her to hang out in. Good thing is they have fairly good resale so if it doesn''t work out you can always resell it or better yet find a used one.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Or use it in the bath - but only with you in too! We had a great time with that this evening and houdini stayed put and played with her rubber ducks!

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
mara - we purchased the walmart crib and then a dresser from ikea (malm) - dh made a changing table topper.... i actually think they look quite nice with one another. i.e. if you go for something simple and white i think it will match the crib ... lemme see if the other crappynotfinishedbaby'sroompicture shows both the dresser and crib.

vizbabyroomcrappypic.jpg

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Viz, love the nursery!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Mara, I saw the one you were talking about at PBK and it is really cute. I LOVE PBK furniture. Andrew''s bed is from there and I think it will last him until he''s an adult. It is nice and heavy and sturdy. I was back and forth on purchasing the Kendall bed, but I think I will go cheaper b/c all my baby furniture I have (changing table, glider, side table, etc.) is white and I think I want to do an espresso color for his "big boy" furniture in a few years. Let us know what you decide!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
viz that nursery is SO cute. i love the green and white.

i was going to get the two tone cribs at walmart because our room is yellow, like a goldenrod sand color. it is already painted that way (guest room) and i didn''t want to change it for the baby. so i thought by doing dark wood it would pop the color, but also our plantation shutters are white in the room and there are 2 windows and a baseboard that is white. so i thought of using white as an accent but making primary furniture dark. that is why i thought two tone would be fun. well pb crib only comes in one color (espresso or white). i actually like the idea of doing what you guys did for changing table from ikea, that looks slick, in white..and maybe still getting the walmart 2 tone crib. i dunno, honestly i am lazy hahaha. i do love the freshness of that green and white room though. sooo tempting to change our paint color. hehehe.

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
the room is done done now... i''ll take pics this weekend and post so you can see the two tone...

since the crib is white and a ''cherry wood'' we did white accents/furniture/built ins and then cherry wood frames and blinds to tie it together.

mandy - no peeking ;-) i''ll post good pics in the pg thread this weekend :)

gingerB

Shiny_Rock
thanks for all the stroller info....ya''ll have given me a lot to chew on!

i likey the bonavita! our "nursery" is intially going to be in our BR cuz someone is occupying the future baby room until next summer. all or our furniture is black/black-brown/expresso so i want the babyfurniture to flow with the rest of our stuff. fortunately i''m too exhausted to get too bummed out about not having a nursery to decorate, or else ya''lls adorable nursery pics would really make me sad. not to say i don''t have ideas. but kind of glad to have an excuse to not have to execute just yet
3.gif

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Viz- LOVE the nursery, the green is so soothing and clean. Love your rocker!!! Can''t wait to see more pictures.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
speaking of rockers..we want to get a rocker or a glider or something like that. would prefer something modern and/or looks like a plush armchair. Does anyone have a recommend for a neutral that is under $300? having a hard time finding things online.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Mara, I had the same problem...ended up going with the Mandy chair by Bestchairs. It''s super comfy and will fit great in our room once we don''t need it in the boys'' room anymore. I can''t recall though if it was 399 or 499.
Have you tried Land of Nod? sometimes they have some good deals.
And there is always good ol'' craigslist. If you get lucky you can score a pottery barn glider and just have to buy a new slip cover!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mandarine, my nursing chair is also from Best Chairs, can''t remember the model off hand, but it is SOOO comfy! I love that it looks like a regular chair.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Mara,
As for rocker/glider, we got ours from LaZBoy. It is a rocking recliner. It was pretty pricey because we custom ordered our fabric, but we decided to splurge so that we can use it in another room when we're done using it in the baby's room. As often as I sit in it, I'm so glad we did. Whatever chair you get, I would make sure it's comfy. If you are anything like me, you'll wind up sitting in it a lot. I am glad I didn't get one of the traditional nursery gliders. I had planned on that, but mine will be more versatile for later and fits my style better. We honestly could have gotten a plain old upholstered chair because my baby doesn't care that much about rocking. I like that my chair reclines in case I need to sleep in his room for some reason, but it doesn't take up the space of a regular footstool since his room is small. My chair doesn't swivel, but some models do. That might be nice if you are sitting there with a sleeping baby and want to reach something on the table next to you without having to move too much.

Lots of stores carry the Dutalier and those are supposed to be very good. They make some styles that look more like a regular chair. I've also heard good things about Shermag which are cheaper than Dutalier. But I would seriously check out LaZBoy.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks gals. i checked out land of nod, super cute but $650! i am looking CL too. the glider/rocker is not on the absolute top of my list, even a comfy chair would be ok. we just don''t have anything like that as it is in the house for me to use right now...so just have to figure it out in the next 4 months.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I wasn''t going to get a glider and then we got a cheapy at a Baby Show just by chance as it was super cheap and came with this amazing back massage cushion. I''ve tried loads and this one is incredible and yet only cost £200 for the whole thing.

The glider has been a lifesaver - I have spent many hours watching the dawn rise from it, and it does seem to be helpful in sending Daisy off.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hello ladies. I have a question about diaper bags. I really love the Kate Spade dot noel bag. I went to the outlet mall today to see if I could find it on sale. The one they had there was $250. Now, there is a seller on Ebay selling a new one for around $125. She has 100% positive feedback, is a "power seller", and has a 3 day return policy. I've never really been one to buy a lot on ebay, so what do you guys think? Should I trust this person is selling an authentic bag or look for something else...I don't want to shell out $250 for a diaper bag. Thanks!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
steph, i tend to think why not for a bag that is $100.... if you think there is a very good chance it''s the real deal, it''s 1/2 price. is there any additional way to check out the seller or her authenticity? i am torn on dbags too, part of me just wants something i can trash the crap out of...and part of me wants a real bag (like an LV) that i can use as a purse later. i will prob just get the trash the crap bag because i will feel too pressured to keep the LV nice. hahaha.

natalina

Brilliant_Rock
Mara- have you checked out the Skylar crib from PBK? It''s espresso/white combo, plus has storage drawers underneath. Price is not too bad, either.

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
Ladies, I''ve been holding out on getting an umbrella stroller, hoping to find a Maclaren on sale at TJMaxx and sure enough today they had the 2008 Maclaren Quest Mod for $129. Just wanted to give you all a heads up in case any of you have been hoping to find a similar deal.

hope everyone''s well!

Mrs

gingerB

Shiny_Rock
dumb crib question: pros/cons of stationary vs moveable crib parts?

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/16/2009 9:06:53 PM
Author: gingerB

ginger, cribs that have a side that moves down make picking up the baby easier once he/she gets so big that you need to lower the mattress but they risk pinching little fingers and they can break in ways that cribs without the sliding side cannot.

hope this helps!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2009 9:06:53 PM
Author: gingerB

Our crib is stationary. I am very short and was worried I would have trouble picking up my baby without a drop down side but I never had a problem. I like the look and safety of a stationary. I would worry little fingers would get pinched and also eventually those parts might wear out. This way I have a crib that can last a lifetime (if I want it to). I am sure it is a personal choice. Go to the store and try out a few to see which you like.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
We have a stationary, but a drop down at grandma''s. The drop down is easier for grandma (she''s a shortie), especially at lowest mattress setting. But they are also standing by the time the mattress goes that low, so not that bad for pick up at least.

One thing I never thought of in our crib purchase is the wear and tear from a teether! We bought a lifetime crib (converts to bed) but there are teethmarks all over it! A crib guard would''ve helped in some portions, but not in others -- one would never have fit. Hoping we can hide them or that the worse ones (on side) are not used for bed version anyway.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results