shape
carat
color
clarity

Pre-summer talk: What is your idea of a vacation?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vintagecushion

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 7:13:35 PM
Author: Gypsy
High thread count linens, big spa tub, some shopping near by, great restaurants and some place to swim, and soak. Perferably a spa nearby. No agenda, just do what you want, when you want. I need an internet connection, a TV and a really awesome mattress. I don''t want to be in the middle of nowhere and eating tree grubs and hiking, or in the middle of a concrete jungle surrounded by smog (unless it''s for a short time and the place is REALLY historic). I like balance. John is fortunately very similar.

Ha! I have to say that I get this 100%. Good linens accompany me to camping trips and I am not a high maintenance girl generally.

Vacation:
spectacularly beautiful nature, books, looking at stars, talking

or

a relaxed, beautiful small town/city, warm weather, a slow stroll to an ice cream place, coffee shops.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 10:01:14 AM
Author:fieryred33143
Mr. Fiery and I have completely different ideas of what a vacation is.

Mine: sitting on a chair, on the beach, and staring out into the ocean until its time to eat. My vacation spots: Keys, Naples, pretty much anywhere near water with not much to do. I require a really great hotel and prefer staying in resorts.

His: Go, Go, Go. His vacation spots: NYC, Vegas, any place that requires planning and lists of things to do ahead of time. He could care less about the hotel since he rather be out and about.

What are your vacations like?
I'm something of a mix of the two, and so is my husband. I love to go places that offer both options. My favorite vacation spot is Hawaii (north-east Maui and the southern half of The Big Island), which is convenient as we have family there!

I used to be a city-vacation girl... NYC, LA, Vegas, anything with a skyline. Now my "go go go" side craves outdoor activities (hiking, biking, snorkeling, adventure sports) and my relaxation side only cares about the natural views!

The only thing reliable about my vacation desires is that the accommodation has to be livable (CLEAN) but cheap, I also spend little to no time there. I'm not a resort person. I'll always book the cheapest hotel that has decent reviews, where my husband prefers nicer places.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want to sit back and chill. We have two vacation houses now. FLA was the most recent. We rent it out for the season, but can sneak in while our tenants go home for business. FLA is chill. I love it. We have some friends there, so it''s nice. But if we want to be slugs and do nothing that''s cool too.

Nantucket is more scheduled. We have lots of family there. That comes first and foremost. And then our kids, DD will be flying in for weekends when she is able. DS will be working there full time as a Caddy. We have lots of friends there, so it''s crazy from the time we get there till we leave. But again will be flying back and forth.

My preference is FLA, I can go, and be out of the fish bowl, I love that. It''s so low key.

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
I''m in MI, and a college student, so my idea of vacation is the Indiana Dunes, haha, how sad.
39.gif
But it is fun to just not do anything and lay on the beach, or to walk to the clay pits.

Now, I''m planning a "weekend" to NYC for August... I think it won''t really count as a vacation, more an adventure!
36.gif

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Luckily SO and I agree on the ideal vacation!

1. Awesome food
2. Beach/ Pool to relax in the sun and do some swimming
3. Ancient/ historically significant site or interesting city nearby

We love the mix of relaxing one day and getting out to see new things and learn new things another day. But we must get awesome food everyday!
18.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Vacation = whatever we''re in the mood for. In the winter/spring, if I''m going to take a vacation it means I''m between semesters and running ragged, so I want a pool and a beach and I want to park my rear somewhere warm and pretty. A summer or fall vacation means doing things and seeings things.

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I like to go go go, if there is and schedule better
9.gif
. I mostly like to go a place I had never been before. I would like to explore the 5 continents before having kids.

My hubby is 50% 50% he something like the go go go, and sometimes just relaxing. But we go more for the go go go, he is not so obsess as i do about trying to find things to do
10.gif

April20

Ideal_Rock
We consider vacation a place with waiters to bring us drinks, a nice spot by the pool and a load of good books. Good restaurants at night and plenty of people watching. We might venture out for one day if there is something really compelling to see.

I don''t consider any trip where I return home more tired than when I left to be a vacation.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm, I never really thought about the difference between taking a trip and going on a vacation. Interesting point.

My husband and I both prefer the ocean (or a lake) instead of the mountains. Our idea of a vacation usually would include some sort of water.

We both like a mix of seeing the sights and experiencing the place we''re visiting and just lounging around by the pool or beach. We went to Key West in February, and while the weather was perfect, the water was too cold to swim in. It was probably the wrong time of year to expect warmer water.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Ditto Meresal about the difference between a trip and a vacation.

Vacation: sleeping late, relaxing, drinks with coloured umbrellas, must be near water
Trip: Waking up in time to eat three meals a day, schedules, places to see, lots of excitement

BF and I are all about long trips and short vacations. We get bored easily by vacations, but you need them every now and then.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have a saying at our house- taking the kids anywhere is called a re-location. You just take all the work with you. Vacation is without the kids-we have had very few of those. With 5 kids they are hard to come by. I am however, going to take my very first all alone vacation, this week. I am going up the CA coast to
the beach. Got a beautiful room with a total ocean view, king size bed all for me, and a fireplace in the room. I am bringing lots of books and I am going to
go to the local health club for workouts. On the way home, (if I come home), I am going to pick up my son from UCLA. He will sleep all the way home,
go out with friends and then I will be driving him back on Sunday and I will be back in the swing of things again. DH is going to be gone for the week with our
youngest on a school trip.

I cant wait!!! But I am not sure I will come back........

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results