shape
carat
color
clarity

Pre Parent talk Jitters

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

m82

Rough_Rock
Hey Everyone

Been a while since my last post...school and work have kept me too busy. To bring up to date what has happened since I began my "quest" for the engagment ring, I got jerked around by mall jewelers for the first few weeks of my search till I found pricescope. After much research and browsing, and the help of many people on this website I paired up a spectacular looking AGS Ideal cut .56 H VS2 from Good Old Gold, with a .25 channel set round side stone platinum ring from Mondera. It looks great! I will have to try and get pics up sometime soon.

Anyway, I am planning on Friday or Saturday night to be the night. It took a few minutes after picking up the phone to actually make the call to her father tonight to make sure they would be home on Thursday to "talk" with them. In his words I got his curiosity up. Dont really know why but my nerves (for the first time in this whole process) are on edge. Any words of encouragment? Thanks

BigB8405

Rough_Rock
Hey m82!

I'm feeling you. I'm also planning on proposing either this Friday or Saturday. I've already talked with her parents, but now that the countdown is 3 days, reality just sunk in.
3.gif
My advice would be to try and keep cool, if you have a good relationship with her parents, you shouldn't have much to worry about on that front. And if you know she'll say yes, then you're golden. Just follow your heart (even though that seems to be what causes the most jitters
2.gif
)

m82

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the encouragment. I do have a pretty good relationship with her parents, and I know she will say yes, but I think like you said "the reality", or more than that the sense that it will be final kinda sets your nerves on edge. Good luck to you this weekend!! I might find it easier knowing that someone is doing the exact same thing. What are your plans for the engagment? I think mine will be simple and will catch her off guard, which is what I am aiming for. I have led her off the track by making her think that I am being economical and waiting until "fictional?" after holiday sales for the ring. Probably will get her over by the christmas tree and tell her how much I love her as in casual conversation, then point out something on the tree like an ornament, or I could hide the ring box in the tree and point it out and while she is looking I will drop to one knee, reach over for the box, continue with my professing of how I feel, then open the box and ask the question. How does that sound?

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Hiding the ring on the tree sounds perfect. Good luck.
appl.gif

Diamondlil

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results