shape
carat
color
clarity

Prayers needed for Kaleigh''s Mom.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear things went well Lisa. Continuing good thoughts!

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
I am sending bushels of dust and prayers. She is blessed to have a daughter who loves her so much and is taking such great care of her.

Mrs.2Artists

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/29/2009 12:49:44 PM
Author: 2Artists
I am sending bushels of dust and prayers. She is blessed to have a daughter who loves her so much and is taking such great care of her.

Mrs.2Artists
HI:

I''m late here, but ditto!

cheers--Sharon

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh, I just saw this thread, and I wanted you to know that I''m thinking of you and your family. Best wishes to your mom!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have read every post. I want to say many many thanks!!!

Mom is doing well considering. She's very very sore. They had her sitting up in a chair today. I fed her lunch. She can't manage on her own. That was really a weird moment, feeding my mom. On so many levels, hard to explain. But many know, our relationship is far from close.

They are working on her arm moving it, etc... She may be released as early as tomorrow afternoon. I have my work cut out for me. I want to make her room at the nursing home really nice. With pictures, and stuff that is familiar. Just want it to be like home. Her own sheets, her pillows, nighties, etc...
I am hoping she will go Friday, but these days you get booted out PDQ...

She's a pill. A firecracker.. She tells it like it is... She's been through hell and back.. But she's rude as all get out. I keep telling her, please, they are trying to help you. Try to be NICE!!!! But she's just like that, so hard to change that now...

I have my work cut out, but all will be fine... THANKS!!!!!
35.gif

xx
Lisa

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh Lisa I am so glad to hear that your mom is getting along okay. It takes more time to bounce back from these things when you are older. I just hope that you take care of yourself too and don''t try to do it all please! She is lucky to have a daugther who will still look after her no matter how difficult she gets.

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sorry that I''m very late to this thread, but I hope you will take a few more (((((hugs))))) from me. I will never forget your kindness, you and your family are definitely in my prayers.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
My thoughts for a quick recovery.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
thoughts and prayers outgoing for a quick recovery
hugs

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
good to hear the positive update, lisa. sounds like you''re doing all the right things.

good job :)

will be praying for healing for her and strength and patience for you (and all your mom''s nurses - she sounds like a handful!)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hugs to you my friend and lots of prayers and healing dust still outgoing.
emrose.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2009 10:24:02 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Mom is doing well considering. She''s very very sore. They had her sitting up in a chair today. I fed her lunch. She can''t manage on her own. That was really a weird moment, feeding my mom. On so many levels, hard to explain. But many know, our relationship is far from close.

They are working on her arm moving it, etc... She may be released as early as tomorrow afternoon. I have my work cut out for me. I want to make her room at the nursing home really nice. With pictures, and stuff that is familiar. Just want it to be like home. Her own sheets, her pillows, nighties, etc...

She''s a pill. A firecracker.. She tells it like it is... She''s been through hell and back.. But she''s rude as all get out. I keep telling her, please, they are trying to help you. Try to be NICE!!!! But she''s just like that, so hard to change that now...

35.gif

xx
Lisa
That will really help Lisa, I did the same thing with my dad to a certain extent. I think the thing he liked the most was the favorite duck picture I hung on his wall so he could easily see it from his bed.

I hear you about feeding your parent. Trust me, you can have the best relationship (I did with my dad), and it''s still weird. It''s just one of those things that should be the other way around....

I hope she transitions well. Sending all of you lots of dust!
wiz1.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2009 10:24:02 PM

Mom is doing well considering. She''s very very sore. They had her sitting up in a chair today. I fed her lunch. She can''t manage on her own. That was really a weird moment, feeding my mom. On so many levels, hard to explain. But many know, our relationship is far from close.

She''s a pill. A firecracker.. She tells it like it is... She''s been through hell and back.. But she''s rude as all get out. I keep telling her, please, they are trying to help you. Try to be NICE!!!! But she''s just like that, so hard to change that now...

35.gif

xx

Lisa
she sounds like my grandma! She too had to move to a rehab facility. If your mom is anything like my grandma, she''ll do just fine. it seems like it would be easy to give up, but my grandma let me in on a little secret. She is sharp as a whip, but the body wasn''t "up to par". She refused to be like the rest of her "house mates" and become depressed. She said she didn''t want to lose "her".
So she worked hard so that she could move back home. that was her main goal. And with you being there for your mum, i bet she will have a good recovery (even with a few speedbumps).

I i hope she is doing better now that surgery has been done, and good luck!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks to all. I moved Mom today. This nursing home is sooooo nice. Her room is gorgeous!! The people there are awesome. I just loved it. I got to move her stuff in before she got there. So it's a little like home. Pictures etc.. I made sure to get lots of button down blouses, so she wouldn't have a hard time putting them on. Easy pull on pants, etc.. She's all settled, and wants to get the work done. She's in a pretty good frame of mind considering. I can now breath a huge sigh of relief. She has many friends that live there, had no idea, so many were there. So am psyched they will come visit her. She's in great hands.

Hubby and I are sneaking off to FLA next week. I was going to cancel, but feel she's in great hands. And one last break for me, is in order.
5.gif

Thanks again. Your prayers really worked. This PS dust is very powerful.
35.gif

xxoo
Lisa

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad to hear things are going well! Enjoy a break in FL!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad to hear she is progressing so well - best wishes to her for continued speedy recovery!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2009 10:20:40 PM
Thanks to all. I moved Mom today. This nursing home is sooooo nice. Her room is gorgeous!! The people there are awesome. I just loved it. I got to move her stuff in before she got there. So it's a little like home. Pictures etc.. I made sure to get lots of button down blouses, so she wouldn't have a hard time putting them on. Easy pull on pants, etc.. She's all settled, and wants to get the work done. She's in a pretty good frame of mind considering. I can now breath a huge sigh of relief. She has many friends that live there, had no idea, so many were there. So am psyched they will come visit her. She's in great hands.

Hubby and I are sneaking off to FLA next week. I was going to cancel, but feel she's in great hands. And one last break for me, is in order.
5.gif

35.gif

xxoo
Lisa
Yay that is great news and you totally deserve that trip, so happy to hear that!!
12.gif
prayers continued for a speedy recovery. hugs; you are a such a great daughter!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so glad she is in good hands Lisa. That is a big sigh of relief for you. Yes, you deserve that trip to Florida.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2009 10:26:50 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
You deserve the break sugar.. hugs and have fun in Fla..
emhot.gif
Awww you are sooo sweet. Will do, thanks... We both have work there, but always manage to fit in some R&R.
31.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 12:00:04 AM
Author: Linda W
I am so glad she is in good hands Lisa. That is a big sigh of relief for you. Yes, you deserve that trip to Florida.
Miss Linda, what to say... Thank you for keeping me sane?? Your words, have meant the world to me. You have no idea.
5.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 12:08:57 AM
Date: 5/1/2009 12:00:04 AM

Author: Linda W

Miss Linda, what to say... Thank you for keeping me sane?? Your words, have meant the world to me. You have no idea.
5.gif

You know I am always here for you, my dear friend.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/30/2009 10:20:40 PM
Thanks to all. I moved Mom today. This nursing home is sooooo nice. Her room is gorgeous!! The people there are awesome. I just loved it. I got to move her stuff in before she got there. So it''s a little like home. Pictures etc.. I made sure to get lots of button down blouses, so she wouldn''t have a hard time putting them on. Easy pull on pants, etc.. She''s all settled, and wants to get the work done. She''s in a pretty good frame of mind considering. I can now breath a huge sigh of relief. She has many friends that live there, had no idea, so many were there. So am psyched they will come visit her. She''s in great hands.

Hubby and I are sneaking off to FLA next week. I was going to cancel, but feel she''s in great hands. And one last break for me, is in order.
5.gif

35.gif

xxoo
Lisa
sounds like great news. glad to hear your mom is doing well.
36.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad your mother is doing better. Have a great time in Florida.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so glad to hear things are progressing well, Lisa! It sounds like your Mom will do well there and hopefully she will be home in no time! Have fun in FL. We just did the same thing, a little get away will be just what you need.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I am so glad to hear that your mom is doing better. It sounds as if you have a wonderful place for her to go for her recovery
1.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Lisa I''m so glad to hear she is recovering well, though I really feel for you on the behavioral issues - I hope that she will mellow out a little bit, in time, once she realizes how much better she will be treated if she is nice to the staff.

Huge HUGS for you, and continued good thoughts for her recovery.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear that things are going well.
Just offering more dust for healing and progress!
Enjoy your trip!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad to hear that you are pleased with the nursing home and that you feel good enough about everything to get away for a little while. Go have fun, you deserve it!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Lisa, I''ve been away a few days, so I''m catching up a bit. So glad to hear you are getting your mom settled.
Ya know, I think her feistyness will serve her well!! tee hee!.
What''s that saying, the squeaky wheel gets greased
2.gif
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results