shape
carat
color
clarity

pouting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glitterazzi

Shiny_Rock
So... I''m just venting/pouting. I was a work today and waiting on someone (story of my life) and a friend walked by. I waved, and as I did heard "tink tink tink"... so I looked {shockingly} at my left hand and thought it must have been my watch. So I ripped my watch off and waved again (yes, I probably looked completely crazy waving at no one) "tink tink tink" !!!!! HUH!!!! So I dug into inspection mode, and sure enough, my 2 carat cushion, on my BARELY 6 month old ring (and only 4 months to me) is loose! I could see it wiggle and hear it jingle against the prongs!

My fiance is incredibly sensitive to it - he had it custom made, and gets upset that it may not be perfect, so I had to break it to her easily. The jeweler is almost an hour away - so I had to find out if we had time this week to get out there. He let it go (at my pleading and promising that I wouldn''t wear it again until they fixed it), but now I have to go up there alone to get it fixed.

Anyway - no real reason for this post... just pouting. I wanna wear it!!!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw, that stinks!

For what it''s worth, a good friend of mine had a loose center stone in her e-ring just two months after it was custom made. Perhaps this is not all that uncommon?

Good thing you noticed it and can get it fixed before something bad happened!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
That totally sucks! Put that baby somewhere safe until you get it fixed! It would be terrible if something happened to the stone!!!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
WOW that sucks but it is possible, I have heard you should get your prongs checked and tightend if need be about every six months - the good thing is you noticed it before you lost the stone.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
You should check your prongs every six months and have them tightened if necessary.

If you do things like wear your ring to sleep in then you may need to check them more often. This is not an uncommon problem and is part of general maintenance rather than a design fault.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sorry your stone is loose
8.gif

But im VERY glad you found out before the stone went missing!!!

Loose stones happen. Make sure FI knows this. My custom ring came lose about one month after I had it, and the jeweler echoed what the other ladies here have said "Bring it in every 6 months to make sure nothing is loose"

Let us know when its fixed & how your jeweler appointment goes

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
So sorry, glitterazzi!

A good PSA for us all to get the prongs tightened regularly (especially those of us who never take it off, like me!) I got mine from James Allen, and I believe they do free rhodium plating and prong tightening every six months for free for life. Just FYI to all.

That reminds me, I need to send mine in next month!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Aw I''m sorry your rock is loose!

But if it makes you feel any better, mine was wiggling once too and I had to have mine fixed. I was so worried because I have heard that when a diamond becomes loose it''s a sign of poor workmanship and you usually have to get a new setting all together. But I can tell you in my case, I took it to a good jeweler and I haven''t had a problem since. And it''s been years! I do get it checked frequently though as should you.

Oh and I know it will be hard, but DON''T WEAR IT UNTIL IT''S FIXED!
9.gif

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
my%20ring%20glitterazzi.JPG

Sounds like the prongs need to be tightened, and the one in the upper right corner in this picture of your ring seems like it is barely touching the stone (could just be the way it is angled in the pic).

What metal is your ring?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well yay for catching it before it decided to pop out completely!!!! Prong tightening isn''t really a big deal, so tell your FI to not sweat it!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry this happened! I would be really annoyed, too, at not being able to wear it for the moment. I''m pretty nervous about my center stone coming loose, too.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 6:23:43 AM
Author: Pandora II
You should check your prongs every six months and have them tightened if necessary.

If you do things like wear your ring to sleep in then you may need to check them more often. This is not an uncommon problem and is part of general maintenance rather than a design fault.
Pandora gives good advice.

THIS DOES SUCK THOUGH! I am soo sorry! On the bright side... at least your stone didn''t fall out!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results