shape
carat
color
clarity

Potracks, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
FI and I live in a rowhouse, and our kitchen is actually quite large for a rowhouse, but still... storage is an issue. We have a 10 ft ceiling in the kitchen, and want to put a potrack over the island, but have been debating size as I don''t want it to extend over the sink in the middle, where FI spends a lot of time (doing dishes!!!) since he''s TALL.

so the debate is: square? oval? rectangle? something else entirely?

if you have one and love it, chime in. If you have one and hate it, let me know that too! I already know about the dust factor, but we need more storage space!

thanks!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had one two kitchens ago that was super cool. It was actually affixed to the wall and the pots hung on hooks on rungs like a ladder (except the rack bowed out a littel in the middle). It was totally out of the way and only took up about a 6'' tall 12" wide strip of wall. I just tried to search for this style on line but of course I couldn''t find it (
20.gif
), but I''ll keep looking.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I''ve seen something similar to that DeeJay, but we don''t really have any spare wall space, alas... we need to go vertical.

I did just put up a pot LID rack and it''s awesome, but it means I can''t open the cabinet door fully. Looks like a bit of art though and everyone that has seen it has said "wow... that''s so cool!" and I say "ikea, $3".
36.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good thing you don''t have any wall space becuase I just called the kitchen designer and he said he made it custom for that space so I probably wouldn''t have been able to find you what I was talking about anyway. My intentions were good though!

Of the ones you linked to I think I like the oval best. For some reason that one just appeals to me the most.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I liked the rectangle the best.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Wow, thanks for the effort! Custom for the space... that''s the way to go!

I really liked the oval until I saw the square, but I was worried it wouldn''t be big enough.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I found an old piece of wrought iron fencing and used that as my pot rack. Sprayed it with spray paint in a color that worked with my kitchen. The went to the hardware store and got a pulley sytem and a bunch of S hooks. Painted the S hooks the same color as the fence. The pulley system allowed me to easily raise and lower the whole rack because I''m short and my husband is tall and we couldn''t agree on a height. Works like a charm and was super cheap.

I envy your 10 feet ceilings! I might even have done a double decker rack if I had that much height.

Good luck!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
oh, a pulley system!
30.gif
THAT would be awesome!!!

laine

Brilliant_Rock
Am I the only one who read the subject and wondered what in the world po-tracks were? (yes, I feel a little dumb for that)

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
laine - I didn''t realize until I''d hit submit that I needed a space!!! Ah well... Po-Tracks or Pot Racks... it all sounded the same in my head...
19.gif

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
I like the rectangle best too. A pulley system sounds so cool!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results