shape
carat
color
clarity

Potato Chips for Dessert, or other salty snack ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
I am full of questions today!!

My FI would rather eat a bowl of chips than eat cake or sweets. He does like one of the flavors we chose for our cake, red velvet, but I thought it would be fun to incorporate his love for the salty snacks.

Should we present him w/ a giant bowl of chips, in an elegant bowl, right after we cut cake?
Should we server all sorts of chips during the cocktail hour?
I was thinking of having a cake look like a bag of potato chips, but he would not eat the actual cake
I saw some MOB make a meatloaf cake w/ mashed potato icing...I don''t want to go that far, but I am open to other salty snack ideas :)

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
LOL at the meatloaf cake. I saw that episode!!

Does he like pretzels? You could put out a bunch of pretzels: some with chocolate, some without for him. That way it would seem kind of dessert like to most guests, but he''d get his salty snack.

Or you could just serve him chips in a bowl if that''s what he would really love. Or put out some different varieties on a buffet. Maybe get some of the fancier gourmet ones? It''s your wedding, so do whatever makes you guys happy! That''s what it''s all about
5.gif

rockin11

Shiny_Rock
You could do chocolate dipped potato chips. They are so good. They sell them in candy stores locally. I have even received them as favors before. They are very easy to make at home as well. I have seen both types done but normally the ridged/ruffled chips dip easier.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooo....very cool!!!! I''m one of those people that love to eat sweet stuff and then salty stuff, so as a guest I think it would be awesome if you had a salty snack buffet!!!

And I really want to try these chocolate covered potato chips.

LilyOfTheValley

Shiny_Rock
How about gourmet potato chips of different flavors, tossed together, and served in a very nice bowl?

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I think serving chips to him would be a great idea. Just have a little bowl on your cake table or a nearby table for cutting.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I think a bowl of specialty chips for him would be a really cute way to honor his taste and still have your cake!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results