shape
carat
color
clarity

Postponing a wedding

paris29

Shiny_Rock
Hey ladies,

So unfortunately my fiance and I have to postpone our wedding. I am having a very difficult time with it right now and all these Christmas proposal and engagement ring commercials are not helping one bit. All the reasons for postponing the wedding our outside of our control, which makes the situation even more frustrating. As you all can understand I was looking so forward to our new years day wedding and now I feel like the life has been sucked out of me.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Paris, i am so sorry, and i understand, expect for me its the ring and proposal. C and i had picked out a ring, was at the jewelers and than they called, said it was going to be more, and i guess the price is out of C's range right now, and his job is in danger right now, so we are put on hold, so, i understand. I feel like i cant wait TV right now, or any movies. ;(

paris29

Shiny_Rock
Jessie702|1291885979|2791914 said:
Paris, i am so sorry, and i understand, expect for me its the ring and proposal. C and i had picked out a ring, was at the jewelers and than they called, said it was going to be more, and i guess the price is out of C's range right now, and his job is in danger right now, so we are put on hold, so, i understand. I feel like i cant wait TV right now, or any movies. ;(

I'm sorry to hear that. Money man I tell you. I hope that everything works out with C's job and with your engagement.

I'm there with you with ring and proposal as well. We started planning for the wedding and everything but there wasn't an official proposal or ring yet, at the time I was deciding on what I wanted for my ring and my fiance didn't want to propose without it. We set the date, looked at rings, I feel in love with a dress and a ring then the closer we got to the date the more we started realizing it might not happen. We told everyone about the wedding and were going to send out invites the beginning of this month, obviously that didn't happen and the majority of our friends don't know we have postponed the wedding as we just officially decided yesterday. I'm still holding out some hope, but with everything going on I'm losing hope. We are currently living with my parents (sleeping in separate rooms) frustrating to say the least. They were suppose to be giving us our current house for a wedding gift, but their new house isn't ready yet. I feel like I'm in limbo I'm ready to elope (which is what I always wanted) but my fiance doesn't want to be married and living with my parents which I understand. But at this point I wouldn't mind I know its temporary, but for how long, who knows. With this plus grad school I'm losing my mind

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
o paris, i am so sorry hon. That is so much worse, than what im going through with just waiting on the ring. I dont know what to tell you hon, as far as telling your friends, it might be best to tell them now, instead of waiting, its going to hurt, but it might be for the best. Im so sorry hon, wanna eat a pint of cookie dough ice cream together?

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sorry you have to postpone, paris. I hope you can take comfort in the fact that good things are coming, just not quite as soon as you were planning.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Paris,

I'm so sorry. I know how much I'm hurting right now from having to postpone our wedding and that was supposed to be in August next year. I can't imagine how you are feeling to be just a few weeks away and not sure if it is going to happen then or not.

I do think you want to tell your friends now rather than waiting. They'll understand.

Since you really want a New Year's wedding, maybe you can have it next year with your friends/family but elope sooner just the two of you? I'm considering something like this because I just can't stand the thought of another 18+ months of not being married to FI.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
ELOPE! Elope without a ring! I'm getting married on New Years Eve and if I could do it all over....I'd be on a plane to Vegas!

I'm wishing you the best. I hope it all works out for you.

paris29

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the support ladies I really needed it. We are thinking of eloping on new years day. We finally told everyone that the wedding was off and that we would elope some time in the near future. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Congratulations Step on your upcoming nuptials

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Quite frankly, with the way the economy is I'm surprised that there aren't more people eloping or doing what we did (just go to the church with immediate family and one or two close friends, go home and have a few appetizers and cake). I wonder if with the way things are so difficult for young couples starting out (and of course the unemployment rate) if there will be a return to the home weddings the way they were done in the WWII era.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Your wedding should be your dream day. I am in the camp that believes wedding need not be big, fluffy affairs...however, I also think they should be your wedding should be your vision.

There is absolutely no shame in having to postpone. None whatsoever. You have options, like elopement, if you're in a hurry...but waiting it out for the sake of having it be everything you ever dreamt of isn't the worst thing either.

You need to do whatever is best for you, that's the long and short of the story.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results