shape
carat
color
clarity

Post Your Wedding Party Attire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
I am interested in seeing what others have chosen (or are considering) for their wedding party attire:

This includes:

a) BM dresses, including what color you intend to pick and the $$$

b) Tuxes or suits

c) Shoes

Provide links or pics

bravesfan

Shiny_Rock
Here is the BM dress ( in this color) and the Tux (in this color). As Far as shoes go, guy will be standard black and girls, I really dont care, as long as they look good.
emwink.gif

ps7896523.JPG

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Edited to reflect our actual decision after going dress shopping with all of the bridesmaids.
1.gif

MICH_LG24980.jpg

For the groomsmen. Scottish National Tartan with Prince Charles Jacket, kilt pin, belt & buckle, sporran, and sghian dubh. Rental for $150 from the Scottish Merchant in Alexandria, VA. This picture shows the color and pattern much better:
ScottishNationalTartan1d.jpg

FI's wearing basically the same outfit as the groomsmen, but the kilt will be in family tartan:
Morrison.jpg

He owns most of the necessary items already, but I think I need to remind him again to look into a jacket.

I'm just letting them choose their own shoes.

And finally, the dress for the bridesmaids, but we're getting them in indigo. Wtoo, about $150 including a 20% discount since I bought my gown from the same store. We're making tartan sashes, which they're very excited about.
9.gif

Edited again because I'm having problems making the dress show -- I'm going to try a new post.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
We let the guys wear their own tuxes and gave them all ties- the one groomsman is part owner of a tie company so he had them made - pale green w/ a thin stripe of the Beet color- that was the color of the BM dresses. DH's tie did not have the white and beet stripes-- all green.
are the guys- minus DH

My girls all wore J. Crew Dresses in beet- I let them choose from 6 styles- I had 6 girls- one isn't in the pic- don't ask- she was talking to her mom... anyway 2 of them wore the Emma style- strapless w/ little bow- pretty straight cut, 1 wore the Whitney- scoop neck, a-line- but psuedo-corset bodice, 1 wore the Avery- V-neck - criss-cross straps in bac very silky and 2 wore another strapless style that was more A-line w/ little pleats at the bottom.

ETA- you can't see, but I had my girls wear silver shoes- I just said for them to be open toe or strappy style. The dresses were on sale at J. Crew and ranged in price from 99-149 I believe- plus shipping. All but one girl bought 2 dresses (either different sizes or different styles) and then returned the one that she didn't like the most.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
wow, beautiful choices everyone!

dtnyc--thanks for showing me the jcrew BM dresses--since I think i will be doing the same thing (let the maids pick a dress from a set colour) it''s great to see what ''look'' will result. I really like it, individual yet put together!

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I loved the way it looked and it was easy to organize. I called J. Crew and found out how many of each dress they had left in the sizes I thought my girls would be, I gave them my girls'' names, and then I e-mailed my girls w/ links to the various dresses. Since the dresses were on sale there was a little bit of urgency in getting them to order their dresses, but they all did and J. Crew called me to let me know that all of the ordering was complete, etc. I think most of them ordered more than one dress and then chose the style they liked best, also there was some swapping of extra dresses for try-on purposes.

The consultants will even advise you on which dresses work best for certain body types.

MayBride

Rough_Rock
Here are my bridesmaid dresses. The guys will all be wearing standard black and white tux''s with black vests and ties and I think all the shirts will actually be ivory. My dress is ivory like the sash of the girls'' dresses. I don''t care what shoes the girls wear... just black. FI will wear a black tux, but the vest and tie (euro) will be ivory.

ella strapless with ivory sash.jpeg

MayBride

Rough_Rock
Forgot to mention... dresses were ordered from white house black market for $168 less some discounts online.

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
Not sure if you will be able to see this, but the girls were in After6 6215 in Windsor Blue, MOH wore EdenBridals maternity dress (can't remember # off top of head) in Cornflower. The boys wore a Liz Claiborne striped two button suit. I found matching ties on my own at JCPenny, my DH wore the platinum tie and all the boys, including DH wore platinum vests.

ETA: I will post a better pic! Geez, I stink at this...

attireps.jpg

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
maybe this is better...and dresses were ordered thru ChrissyOBridal.com ...After6 dresses were $86 and the maternity dress was $110, we had it cut shorter by tailor.

girlsps.jpg

zekele

Rough_Rock
The bridesmaids are wearing this dress from David''s Bridal:
bridesmaids.jpg

And the groomsmen are wearing this Tommy Hilfiger tux from After Hours:
groomsmen.jpg

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Super casual destination wedding.
My girls just chose a dress they liked in any shade of blue. They''re wearing old navy flip flops.
Guys are wearing tan pants and white shirts and also flip flops.
Nephews (junior ushers...) I bought them jcrew shorts and shirts... as well as the flops.

EVERYONEweddingparty2.jpg

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
Our bridesmaids wore After Six dresses ordered through gownsales.com (saved around $50) and the guys wore basic black tuxes from a local shop with black vest & tie (dads wore the same, only with white tie & vest- DH wore dress blues). The dresses were tea length, so I asked each girl to get a silver strappy, open toe shoe that they liked- I loved how it looked.

47b6d924b3127cce8aaa6a2006b000000016102BYuGTZwyYw

This is the best group picture we have.

ETA: color of dresses is kiwi, although it looks really pale here. I think the dresses were $125 each, $10 shipping.

eleguin

Shiny_Rock
We just ordered the bridesmaid's dresses yesterday! This is from Raylia Designs bridesmaid's collection (Style Shana) in deep red.

SHANA.jpg

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
The bridesmaid dress decision from shopping with all of them together over the holidays, made by Wtoo.

Attachments

• BMdressWtoo.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 253
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results