shape
carat
color
clarity

Post your dream dress/men's wear!

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
I know we're not engaged yet, but I've long dreamed of what SO and I will look like on our wedding day. Come on now, don't act like you haven't!!!!! :naughty:

I think I picture myself in something sleek, body-hugging and sophisticated. But also romantic and soft!!! I'm short (5'2") so I hope to find something that will complement my figure without totally overwhelming me! I love the look of satin on models but I'm unsure whether or not I'll love it on myself. Either way, I'm obsessed with these tight-fitting, amazingly tailored mermaid/trumpet gowns from Jim Hjelm & Lazaro. I'm just not sure they'll fit my likely small, intimate wedding. Maybe the lace trumpet will be most appropriate for that kind of occasion! The last one is a natural waist ballgown that I think I'd really love too! Seems so light, airy and fun.

idal-silk-satin-trumpet-gown-pearl-crystal-embroidered-natural-waist-pleats-chapel-train-8250_x3.jpg

idal-silk-satin-trumpet-gown-pearl-crystal-embroidered-natural-waist-pleats-chapel-train-8250_x1.jpg

-bridal-silk-duchess-satin-trumpet-gown-strapless-ribbon-chapel-train-jacket-lace-bolero-8857_x1.jpg

dal-lace-charmeuse-a-line-gown-strapless-elongated-bodice-satin-ribbon-waist-sweep-train-8763_x1.jpg

k-satin-trumpet-gown-sweetheart-lace-opal-jeweled-ribbon-belt-natural-waist-chapel-train-3207_x2.jpg

anza-ball-gown-sweetheart-lace-embroidered-silk-satin-ribbon-natural-a-line-chapel-train-3153_zm.jpg

And for my man, I'd love to see him looking ultra sexy in a slim suit and a skinny tie. I LOVE a 3-piece too, with a vest. Drool.

ryan-gosling-conan-02.jpg

ryan_reynolds_blue_suit_blue_v.jpg

3046_01-2008_strellson_usa_front_2_f.jpg

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
I am the same height as you, or perhaps a little shorter? I forget. I think you could easily wear any of the above as a petite lady! Perhaps biased opinion. ;-)

My dream dress would be from either Sonia Rykiel Spring 2008 or Elie Saab Spring 2011. BUT, since I'm not exceedingly rich, I will be opting for something much more basic - more white dress, less wedding gown. As far as shoes, either lucite/strappy with no platform. I have been kicking myself for not buying the Perfect Wedding Shoes on a visit to Australia a couple of years ago. I can't even remember the brand. Idiot!

SO wants to have his first tailored suit made. I believe his imaginary colours at the moment are dark olive green suit, light pink shirt. We debated the colour of the tie, but ultimately decided that the tailor will know best. :lol: SO loves to dress!

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
Those designers sound luxurious! I'm not familiar with them. Pics, woman!! :naughty:

I totally agree on the 'white dress' vs 'bridal gown'. I've seen a few white/ivory gowns in passing at places like BCBG... and I thought - man, for $400 that would be a lovely gown! And fairly cheap too! I wouldn't wanna sink 3-5k into a Jim Hjelm gown, so I have a feeling I'll be going the non-bridal route. I would also heavily consider having it made - and draw from one of my dream dresses for inspiration!

I'm kinda inclined to wear a champagne-y colour or even blush. I have very fair skin and white is really NOT my colour at all!

Love your suit ideas! Olive and pink sounds absolutely killer together! I love anything unconventional for men's wear. Like that plaid suit I posted or even the brighter blue! I love colour!!!

ETA: Darn about those shoes! Is that frowned upon, to buy those kinds of things pre-engagement? I've seen shoes where I thought - man those would be awesome wedding shoes! But I don't even go there. Maybe I should! :Up_to_something:

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
I also have fair skin, and I'm 'supposed' to wear bright white - no off-white allowed! I think I look fine in bright white, but yikes, not THAT much! :tongue: I like 'fun' suits too, the only colour I'd likely veto is black.

Sonia Rykiel

sn1.jpg sn2.jpg

Elie Saab

es1.jpg es2.jpg

As far as buying things before the fact - I'm OK with it. I'm not collecting already or anything, but in that case I was in another country, it was my only chance!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I've actually never looked at dresses! That is the one thing I want to wait to be engaged to do!

I love the 3rd and last dress lin_ny!!!

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
Chewy, the colour of those Elie Saab gowns is AMAZING! So gorgeous!

Are you supposed to wear white just because of culture? I know here, it seems like a lot more women are wearing a bit of colour. But still mostly white.

LoveLikeCrazy - Oh, I've never actually looked at dresses. I'll save that for after the engagement, too. I just watch a lot of SYTTD and have been known to browse the Jim Hjelm website occasionally! :naughty: The lace one are you talking about? Yeah, its gorgeous. It's kinda old though, so I'd be worried I wouldn't even be able to get it if I wanted to. But it's kind of a classic, so maybe they'd still have it kicking around. Probably too expensive anyway... just a pipe dream!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I beat ya'll on the crazy level. I actually went and tried on dresses. I fell in love with the Amsale Melina, but the price tag at a whopping $3k gave me a heart attack. I found a similar dress at DB for <$500, but I don't like how it's empire waisted to look like I'm preggo. If I can find a nice 5 inch thick belt to cinch the empire waistline, I'll go for it. If not, I'll have to keep hunting, or purchase from Jasmine's Bridal in China.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I'm right there with you on the crazy madelise!!! I think my favorite is still the Enzoani Dabra:
enzoani.jpg

But I loved this Mori Lee as well (obviously not my size so the boobs were kinda funky on me, also it is champagne...I don't really care between ivory or white but no champagne for me)
_3306.jpg

lin_ny those tailored suits make me drool! Then again, I think there is nothing more attractive than a man in a well-fitted suit :love:

I love those Elie Saab too Chewbacca!!! So exquisite. But the price tag certainly matches the detail! :blackeye:

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
Madelise - I wanna try on dresses! I don't think I have a girlfriend crazy enough that I could drag along with me though! hahaha! Plus I think my mom is really attached to the idea of us doing that together (even if I end up doing a cheap gown or having it made). That Amsale is beautiful. I LOVE natural waist ballgowns. I don't think you'd look preggo, as long as you really cinch the waist in nice and tiny!

Panda - that Enzoni is soooo pretty! So flowy and looks nice and light to wear. Was it as light as it looks?

That is one serious MUST for me... must be lightweight and as comfortable as possible.

And OMG men in nice, slim tailored suits... (where the heck is the drooling emoticon?!?!?!) :lickout: I love when my SO dresses up. He looks so sexy in a skinny tie!!!! :tongue:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
lin_ny|1362613843|3398432 said:
Panda - that Enzoni is soooo pretty! So flowy and looks nice and light to wear. Was it as light as it looks?

That is one serious MUST for me... must be lightweight and as comfortable as possible.

And OMG men in nice, slim tailored suits... (where the heck is the drooling emoticon?!?!?!) :lickout: I love when my SO dresses up. He looks so sexy in a skinny tie!!!! :tongue:

I don't think I tried on the Enzoani (the bridal shop didn't list the designers on the tags, and I thought I would recognize it if I saw it but I am pretty positive I didn't), the 2nd photo is a Mori Lee but it was kinda heavy if I recall correctly. Most of them were a lot heavier than I expected anyway (never knew that poof could be so heavy) but it wasn't awful. I want to try the Enzoani on for sure once I get engaged!!

lktx

Shiny_Rock
kate-middleton-green-jenny-packham-dress.jpg

reem-acra-wedding-dress-prices-reem-acra-reemm20009-size-8-15271.jpg

I like these a lot. Knowing SO, he'll want to wear white tie, so I'll probably end up in something more formal/traditional looking...

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lktx|1362618250|3398489 said:
kate-middleton-green-jenny-packham-dress.jpg

reem-acra-wedding-dress-prices-reem-acra-reemm20009-size-8-15271.jpg

I like these a lot. Knowing SO, he'll want to wear white tie, so I'll probably end up in something more formal/traditional looking...

THOSE TWO ARE ON MY LIST OF "MAYBE"s too! I think they'd look darling for a backyard reception, whereas my favorite Amsale might be a little over the top :rolleyes:

I'd never pay Jenny Packham or Reem Acra prices, either, so Jasmine's Bridal it is :bigsmile:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
omg I die for the Kate/JP dress!!!!! When I saw her wear it I'm pretty sure my heart skipped a beat. I LOVE teal...and the lace is in all the right places! So so so so so gorgeous. and perfect. But alas, I want some pouf ;))

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
lktx - AHHHHH THOSE ARE GORGEOUS! :love: :love: :love:

That third silvery/taupey one is to dieeeeee for. Who is the designer? You might have opened my eyes to something totally stunning but also totally appropriate for backyard bbq wedding!

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
:shock: My oh my... don't think I'll be having one of those for my wedding, nope! Maybe a nice knockoff. :lol:

ETA: Okay did some reconnaissance... a lot of celebs have worn that gown actually! That REALLY means I can't afford it ever! haha!

luckyerialc

Rough_Rock
I absolutely LOVE this dress but I imagine that it's quite pricey...

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
luckyerialc|1362671979|3399042 said:
I absolutely LOVE this dress but I imagine that it's quite pricey...
Drool. I love Jim Hjelm. :lickout:

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I am obsessed with Elie Saab. Utterly obsessed. I think the man is a genius. Here's the dress I want but will never be able to afford:

00410big.jpg 11b8e23de9d6408070302cfbc4f891d4.jpg 36e30d91787b26cccee8500a4c57e6f8.jpg 5926087004_40b67b6114_z.jpg

I know for sure I want to wear this shade of blue, whatever I'll be wearing. White looks dreadful on me.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
cyg :love: :love: love Elie Saab!!! If I were a millionaire... :halo:

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
I cannot for the life of me find any dresses that aren't on Beyonce's budget.

Waa!

Help. SOS! I know you all know where to look. :naughty:

Mickeylover

Rough_Rock
Same here Elie Saab would be precious but not in my budget . . . . I'm veeeeeery tall like 5"9 . . . an in the big but and I can not lie side haha so i dont really know what would look good on me . . . I've been to HERE COMES THE BRIDE (bridal shop in san Diego) like 8 times because I've been moral support for my sisters wedding, cousins and friends so I've seen looots of dresses. . . but every time I go I like a new one (never tried them on) so maybe when its my time I'll find one i absolutely love. . and there's the option of my vintage moms dress (my grandma got married in the same dress). . .

but all the options you've put are gorgeous, there is no such thing as an ugly Bride. . you'll all look like princesses on your Big day!!

meredeth11

Shiny_Rock
cygnet|1363101772|3402884 said:
I am obsessed with Elie Saab. Utterly obsessed. I think the man is a genius. Here's the dress I want but will never be able to afford:

00410big.jpg 11b8e23de9d6408070302cfbc4f891d4.jpg 36e30d91787b26cccee8500a4c57e6f8.jpg 5926087004_40b67b6114_z.jpg

I know for sure I want to wear this shade of blue, whatever I'll be wearing. White looks dreadful on me.

i love :love: but i think i cant afford it :rolleyes:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results