shape
carat
color
clarity

Post workout flush? Help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I have been loving my workouts but my face is bright red for about an hour afterwards! Ugh! I am very fair and the whole red as a lobster thing is not too cute.... Any advice on getting rid of the post workout flush?

White Orchid

Shiny_Rock
Unfortunately no, I don''t have any advice for you - my face goes beet red too. I have a cool shower afterwards and make sure I don''t have to be anywhere important soon after my workout.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
I go red too! I''d say cool shower may help, but otherwise, I''m not sure there is another remedy. But I will say, going red after a workout is a good sign. It''s when you go pale that something is certainly wrong.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/27/2009 11:01:02 PM
Author: megumic
I go red too! I''d say cool shower may help, but otherwise, I''m not sure there is another remedy. But I will say, going red after a workout is a good sign. It''s when you go pale that something is certainly wrong.
Haha! Very true
9.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
I go red too! I haven''t worked out properly for a year now, but just joined a gym and am expecting a ''lobster episode'' tonight. I don''t really have any advice about how to get rid of it faster, but I try to think positive - the increased circulation is really good for our skin girls!
3.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I go so red too-hate it! I''d love to be one of those girls who just looks refreshed rather than lobster red!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I turn purple. Seriously. And I''m not in bad shape either, it''s just my complexion. It stinks, people are always concerned for me.

There''s nothing you can do about it, just take a cool shower and drink lots of cool water.

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have any good advice other than what you''ve received (cool shower afterwards) but just wanted to say I completely understand - fellow lobster face here
emteeth.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me too! I just walk around to cool down after the gym but a cold shower might help. Yay for working out though!!!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Same thing happens to me. I feel like I look so ugly after work-outs. Not only is my face a hot-pink tomato, but my little curlies around my face are sticking out every which way (won''t even be tamed with a headband!) and I''m sweating like a hog...> what can you do?

Just wash your face with cool water, do a cool-down, and as others said, don''t have anything important to do afterwards.
2.gif
5.gif

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
A friend of mine mentioned using milk or a milk product to help reduce the redness. She may be nutso but I am going to give it a try. I guess just swabbing it on with a cotton ball? I will let everyone know how it works out
9.gif

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty decent article explaining the flush face. linky

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
ugh...I understand your pain. I get red all over my arms and face. Plus I get ridiculously swollen after doing cardio. Not to mention the frizzy hair.

I always joke with SO that exercising makes me fatter because my wrists and fingers always look like swollen sausages.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have any tips, because I''m exactly the same way! I sometimes get people coming up and asking me if I''m ok, because my face is so red
20.gif
It''s a pain.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2009 8:53:49 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
I turn purple. Seriously. And I''m not in bad shape either, it''s just my complexion. It stinks, people are always concerned for me.

There''s nothing you can do about it, just take a cool shower and drink lots of cool water.
I GUESS SO!!
If I seen someone turn purple after a workout, my guess would be they need CPR!!
23.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gee thanks Beau (**goes and hides her purple face in shame**)

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Same with me after cardio. Doesn''t go away for quite a while. That''s how I know the cardio is workin''!!
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/6/2009 9:41:33 AM
Author: Julianna
Same with me after cardio. Doesn''t go away for quite a while. That''s how I know the cardio is workin''!!
9.gif
35.gif
9.gif

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
Hey girls, I just found this section of PS and wow!

I am joining the red-face club. I have no idea how to get rid of it. I have kind of embraced it and now I use it as a workout meter. If my face is red then know I had a good workout full of sweat (and curly hairs around the face
38.gif
).. if it''s not red, I clearly need to get myself back up there and keep going!!!

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
i used to turn so red while doing physical activity when younger people who didn''t know me were convinced i had asthma. i still turn red sometimes, but as much as i can figure i just have a lot of lovely capillaries that live quite close to the surface of my skin and it''s just proof that they work and i seem to have plenty of blood.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results