shape
carat
color
clarity

Post Vaccine Life

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
What will your life be like after you are vaccinated?

I hope to get vaccinated soon and am fantasizing about what my life will be like. I do feel COVID has changed me and it will be a slow transition, still taking many precautions until COVID is completely over. Realistically I don't think life will be much different, will basically live like everyone else has been for the last year! We might do more curbside take out, hang out with vaccinated friends outside with masks on, have vaccinated family over after 2 week quarantine, go on more walks and hikes... I decided I'm only going to do things if I really want to, not just take more risks because I can. Vaccine is not 100% and I'm not about to get COVID after a year of super strict isolation! I am a bit worried people will take a lot more risks and there will be a spike in cases.

When there are virtually no COVID cases, I will have a housekeeper again, travel to see my parents, have meals with friends, etc. Most of our pre-COVID lifestyle involved "high risk" activities like flying, eating out, spending time in heavily populated areas, and entertaining friends and family. I hope to be able to do these things again in the future, but vaccination and masking alone is not enough to make me feel comfortable doing it.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think life will not return to a safe nornal until we have widespread immunization all over the world because until we are all safe we are not trully safe

Here we have had periods of low or no comunity transmission and its tempting to just act nornal but it only takes one super spreader to F it up for every body again

in our own families and circles we all must have people for what ever reason may not get the vacine
if we love those people we can't return to nornal till we have herd immunity
i mean do we know yet if am immunized person can still spread the virus ?

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As I understand it, the reason vaccinated people still need to wear a mask is that we can spread the virus. If we're out in public without a mask and there is someone near us who has the virus, it can lodge in our nasal mucosa, and then we can breathe it out to others.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope there is some clear guidance for us on this- my 96 year old mother in law celebrated getting her second dose by heading off to the supermarket for the first time in a year, not sure that was the wisest thing, really.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope there is some clear guidance for us on this- my 96 year old mother in law celebrated getting her second dose by heading off to the supermarket for the first time in a year, not sure that was the wisest thing, really.

i feel sorry for her and totally get why she did that
I hope she waited until how ever long it is they say ?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing has changed since I received my first injection of AZ in early March 2021.

I still practice SD, wear a mask and avoid the crowds.

With the restrictions slowly being lifted in UK, I am treading carefully to avoid unnecessary risks.

DK :))

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i feel sorry for her and totally get why she did that
I hope she waited until how ever long it is they say ?

Well, she didn’t, that’s my problem with it! We’ve worked really, really hard to keep her protected, food deliveries, multiple phone calls etc etc. Bit maddening when most of the rest of the population aren’t fully vaccinated.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, she didn’t, that’s my problem with it! We’ve worked really, really hard to keep her protected, food deliveries, multiple phone calls etc etc. Bit maddening when most of the rest of the population aren’t fully vaccinated.

Possibly the nurse or who ever who administered her 2nd doze should have emphasized it to her to wait as oldies odten get muddled and impatient (even if your mum doesn't)

Fingers crossed she's ok

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing has truly changed since the vaccine. We feel somewhat safer and freer but I know we are all still vulnerable.

As with everything we are continuing to take it one day at a time. Slowly, cautiously, optimistically but realistically.

We still wear masks when we are indoors food shopping, running errands, etc. We still social distance when we are around others and we try not to be around others too much. We are still not making plans with friends just yet. We are hoping to see my parents soon but outdoors and for the most part not too close. I do plan on hugging them as we have all be vaccinated but I am not pushing my luck so we do plan on being careful.

Life isn't going to go back to what it was for a long time but this is our new normal for however long it is and we are finally seeing a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel.

We must be cautious though because we still have a distance to travel and if we go too fast we will experience setbacks that could prove to be quite serious.

Slowly but surely we are making headway. We cannot rush this but we are making progress and we have to hold onto that.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We’re waiting for our second jab, and as soon as we can, we hope to be able to visit our son and DIL, haven’t seen the since Dec 2019.

Every day life, it’ll be great to see our friends again, have them over, be able too go out to eat. We intend to keep on wearing masks when out and distancing when shopping.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
My entire family is completely vaccinated, minus my husband that is holding out for Johnson and Johnson. We (my sister visiting from out of state), our household are having an Easter dinner today with my 83-year-old Mom. We all visited yesterday and hugged each other in my house without masks. It was normal. It was lovely. We sat around and chatted and laughed. My daughter dropped in with her other half for a few minutes too (vaccinated). I loved having my family back.

On recap:
I hugged my daughter
I hugged my Mom
We all needed this.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am looking forward to seeing and hugging my mom, I have only seen her a handful of times since this happened, she has dementia and I am her POA so I have had to see her, but I always wore a mask and didnt go near her, she is high risk as she continues to go where ever she wants to because she has no concept of how bad it is, its amazing she never got it! she has had her 2nd shot and I get mine in April 18th, all of my family members will have theirs so we will all get together at some point to celebrate all we have missed in the last year.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We’re waiting for our second jab, and as soon as we can, we hope to be able to visit our son and DIL, haven’t seen the since Dec 2019.

Every day life, it’ll be great to see our friends again, have them over, be able too go out to eat. We intend to keep on wearing masks when out and distancing when shopping.

Are you allowed out of the country? Because we aren't! We can't even fly to another state without being sure they won't lock us up in a hotel as soon as we get off the plane!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since being fully vaccinated I've gone to the grocery store a few times, to the Home Depot garden center, to the jeweler for a repair, the convenience store. Places I wasn't going pre-vaccination. So I do feel a bit safer. I don't linger at any of these places. In and out. I still wear a mask (and our mask mandate is still in force), keep social distance, sanitize, etc. No one has been in my house, not even my daughter, who isn't eligible to be vaccinated yet. I will have vaccinated friends over outdoors when the weather warms up but still keep my distance, as some do go into their offices for work, while I still work remotely. I will have my daughter over outdoors and at a distance. I have no plans to go to a restaurant, shopping center, or any type of venue where the public gathers, even in the limited capacity allowed by my state. I don't plan on getting on a plane or start travelling again, which is what I miss the most. I guess overall, I'm a bit less nervous about the whole thing, but still being very cautious. The spread of the variants is worrisome so I'm not celebrating anything yet.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
This is why I love like minded PSers! My Facebook newsfeed is concerning as friends have declared going to weddings, parties, concerts, shows, etc. post vaccination. They've been living their "best life" throughout the pandemic, traveling, hanging out with people, and indoor dining all along.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the biggest issue throughout all this, is that none of us could predict how we would be affected if we got Covid. We have been ultra careful since last March, and have pretty much been in some form of lockdown since then. We will feel comfortable flying when we can, once we get there, we’ll still be wearing masks and being careful. Our son & DIL are both fully vaccinated, so we’re not concerned about being with them.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We ate dinner in a restaurant last night for the first time in almost 15 months and it was terrific. We have a growing group of family and friends who are fully vaccinated and it is delightful to be able to get together without masks. We continue to wear masks in public, social distance, wash hands and will continue to do so until there is concrete evidence that we no longer have to take those precautions.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Are you allowed out of the country? Because we aren't! We can't even fly to another state without being sure they won't lock us up in a hotel as soon as we get off the plane!

We're allowed to leave the US but a lot of countries I'd like to visit won't let us in without a 2 week quarantine, so it's pointless to go. I really wanted to visit Super Nintendo World in Japan but they have a 2 week quarantine. Taiwan recently changed the quarantine to 7 days for fully vaccinated, but no way i'm gonna fly all the way there to sit in a hotel for a week. F that lol.

Not being able to travel out of the US has put a massive damper on my life. Aside from that, I loved when everything was locked down, lol. Working from home, fewer cars on the freeways, and ordering everything delivered was wonderful. I have no need to be around other humans, and definitely don't need to eat around other humans.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not being able to travel out of the US has put a massive damper on my life. Aside from that, I loved when everything was locked down, lol. Working from home, fewer cars on the freeways, and ordering everything delivered was wonderful. I have no need to be around other humans, and definitely don't need to eat around other humans.
Then what's the point of getting vaccinated? mind clean?..:confused:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Then what's the point of getting vaccinated? mind clean?..:confused:

I gotta go back to work in an office with a bunch of humans soon. I don't want to be around humans, but have to. Also I want to go to Disneyland again to eat LOL, and eventually go to other countries once they drop the 1-2 week quarantine.

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I gotta go back to work in an office with a bunch of humans soon. I don't want to be around humans, but have to. Also I want to go to Disneyland again to eat LOL, and eventually go to other countries once they drop the 1-2 week quarantine.
What so special about Disneyland foods?

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
What so special about Disneyland foods?

Probably nothing, but I just like eating there due to the atmosphere. It's like home. Gnawing on a whole turkey leg while watching parades, clam chowder bowl while watching Fantasmic, eating pineapple dole whip and churros while listening to live bands on Main Street. Spent many summers there as kids when our parents would drop us off at 7am and pick us up at midnight. We'd go over 50 times a year. Def got our money's worth on the $99 annual pass. I can't wait to go again, hopefully while they limit capacity because it became way too crowded during the last 10 years. Though my favorite thing to do now is sit at a bar and drink :lol:

HGar

Shiny_Rock
In Australia we are now living relatively normal lives as we had strict regulations put in place back in the beginning.

Our vaccinations are starting to ramp up as our locally produced AZ increases. We had a slight hiccup when a few European countries banned the exporting of vaccines to us in favour of keeping it for themselves - which the vast majority of us totally understand and agree with.

The government is concentrating on medical staff, emergency workers and the elderly at present, especially those in care. My bestie is an ICU nurse and had her first shot last week.

In reality the only restrictions personally for my family is that my husband and son who are travelling interstate a lot ATM have to wear masks whilst on the plane and in the airports - this isn’t a problem at all.

My Dad passed away in December and our adopted Grandfather last April. It was terrible when the latter passed as the Covid restrictions were in full force which meant only his girlfriend was able to visit and we weren’t allowed to see him in person until after he passed - then only I was allowed in to say goodbye. By the time Dad passed the restrictions were very much eased and he had my Mum, three daughters and 7 grandchildren able to visit him the night before then my Mum and us three girls with him when he actually passed the next morning.

Dad’s funeral was restricted with only 50 allowed in the church and another 50 in the attached hall. This has now eased and funerals aren’t as limited any more.

As the vaccinations increase any remaining restrictions will continue to be reduced - all except for international travel.

Our family normally travels to Oahu at least once a year, sometimes twice - we haven’t been since 2019 and even our kids (aged 11, 13 and 15) are missing it like crazy. Their favourite discussion is what will we do on our first visit back - as well as returning to Disneyland as they haven’t been for 7yrs.

But these are still a loooong way off as our Government has said that any recreational travel overseas will more then likely not return until end of 2022 at the earliest (all depending on how other countries handle the cases plus whether we can create “safe bubbles” with countries, currently we have a one way system with NZ but that should become reciprocal over the coming months).

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
Fully vaccinated since January and husband will be full vaccinated in 4 weeks (gets 2nd Pfizer in two weeks, then another two weeks for full protection). I am slightly more willing to go into stores, etc. We may get together (outside) with a few friends who are fully vaccinated. We are keeping track of who, amongst our friends/acquaintances with a child our daughter's age (2.75) is getting vaccinated and we will probably have a few playground playdates (outside and my daughter will wear a mask as she really doesn't mind it at all). However, our numbers and positivity rate are rising again and my daughter is not vaccinated so I guess we'll have to see what the 4th wave does. I am trying to get her into the Moderna trial, but the institution's IRB is very slow (it is my institution, and they just took 3 months to approve a very low risk project of mine) so I am also watching to see when Pfizer expects to complete their data in the younger set because at some point it may make sense just to forget the trial and wait for the vaccine.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
My husband and I get our second dose of Moderna on Thursday.

We don't plan on taking any more risks than necessary. However, with aging parents, you never know when you are going to get that call that someone is ill and needs you there asap. (I've been dealing with that for the last 6 weeks!) And having been vaccinated helps relieve our anxiety levels by improving our odds of not catching Covid when we must travel.

My husband and I plan to occasionally do a few lower-risk activities in order to keep our spirits up and have quality of life, even if they come with some risk. For example, we'd never, ever go walk around a mall, or go to a bar, or concert. But we do plan to eat outside, socially distanced, at a restaurant ONCE for my birthday in May and ONCE for our anniversary in the summer. (We don't feel comfortable eating inside a restaurant yet.) And we'll go hiking at a local state park, though we'll try to go on off-peek days/times (at this particular park you must stay on the trails and the walkways over the bayous, and they can get busy.) And we are going to the grocery store now (before we were only doing curbside pickup and Instacart). We'll schedule more "maintenance" doctor's visits that I'd been putting off like getting an eye exams, etc.

Last edited:

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
My husband and I are both fully vaxed, and next week we'll get on a plane for the first time in a year and fly to celebrate my parents' 50th wedding anniversary with my parents, siblings, and a few extended family, all of whom are also fully vaxed. I'm super excited to see my parents and get to celebrate with them, even though I do have some anxiety about the flight.

Other than that, not much has changed. We still mask up whenever we go out. We have been to eat indoors at restaurants twice, and honestly, it felt fine. Capacity limits for dine-in in NYC are low, so we had one restaurant all to ourselves, and at the other we were one of 5 tables, where in normal times there would be 20-30 tables. I'm so happy we can help support the waitstaff at some of our favorite restaurants, as I know they're hurting terribly.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are both vaccinated now and can see the grandkids! Yay! I cant wait to start traveling again!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results