shape
carat
color
clarity

post pics of your rescue critters

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Next came Lilly. I went to sell insurance to this lady and she had a bunch of kittens running around. Probably about 20+ cats there including the litter Lilly was from. She REALLY wanted to get rid of some. Lilly was just a couple of months old and curled up in my lap while I gave my sales pitch. She was the cutest puff ball ever. I didn''t sell a policy, but the woman offered me a kitten.

So Lilly came home with me.

Here she is at 4 years old.

Lilly on dog bed.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lilly had a kitten just a couple of months older than her that she was especially close to. The woman suggested I take her home too to keep Lilly company. How could I say no?

This is Huggy. She and Lilly were very happy together for about 3 years and then Huggy started to beat up on Lilly. Lilly is a little shy so wasn''t able to stand up to her. I couldn''t bear to take one of them to a shelter so I sent Huggy to live with my mother. She has a couple of other cats (both rescues) who are very stubborn. Huggy is loving life with them and Lilly is much happier now too.

Lilly & Huggy.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mother moved to a house with no yard about the time B and I moved into this house with a yard. She had a large dog that we had adopted as a family when I was still living there. Sentra had been left to pretty much take care of herself when her owner went to jail. My mother worked with a neighbor of this person and somehow we wound up with a dog.

The day she took Huggy home with her, she had the great idea that since we had a yard and she didn''t anymore then maybe we would want to have Sentra live with us. Sentra is 10 - 12 years old now but still has lots of energy and sees herself as a little lap puppy.
Now she is with us and loves that she has a yard to run in, people to throw balls & other toys for her, and cats to be with.

Sentra outside.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last one.

Sven is our latest addition. We adopted him from a cat rescue when he was about 18 months old. He had been found as a stray and then rescued from a kill shelter. We knew when we met him that he was just the kitty for us. He has a great personality. Just so sweet and playful.

He''s been with us for about a year now. He is right at 23 pounds and has settled in great. He and Lilly are the best of friends. He''s even taken to licking Sentra (who grumbles a little, but doesn''t seem to mind).

Sven streched out.jpg

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
My horse Chance was a rescue. When I first brought him home, two vets told me to take him back to the previous owner - he was so sick, they weren''t sure if he would make it a full month! He had lice and ringworm and lots of parasitic infections inside. He was in very poor condition overall. My family and Chance''s support team (trainer/vet/farrier) helped me get him well again, and now almost ten years later he is enjoying a happy semi-retired life with my mom''s horse in their backyard.

Chance.jpg

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
My cat Chandler (aka Mad Cow) was also a rescue. I brought him home from the animal shelter in 2006. He was taken in to the shelter as a stray and he was an older/adult cat that had been there for nearly six months already, because people kept passing him up for all the kittens. He is about four years old now. He''s not a super cuddly lap cat type, but he''s very vocal and friendly.

eqsmadcow.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here's a betta I brought home. He had super high ammonia levels in the cup the store was holding him in. He was listless and in his first home we had him in, never lifted his top fin and his tail dragged around. (here's a photo when first brought home - I haven't taken one of him since he's been moved to a 5-gallon heated aquarium.)

I wasn't sure how to fix him, but I bought all seperate equipment to avoid spreading to my other tanks. After caring for him, he perked up and now is active and alert.
1.gif

Yes, he's just a fish, but for those who've seen how bettas are kept at stores, I really was glad I could make the difference for one little fish.

blueathome.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
The all black cat (on right) was brought home from the tenant who was renting a house we owned. He kept the cat locked in the garage and admitted to throwing the cat against the wall two times because he meowed too much.

I absolutely ADORED him, but we had to give him up for adoption when we moved a few years back. Found a great home with a woman who had five acres for him to roam on.

katscratchfever.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Here I am with my shelter cat Coco. We are both special needs. Coco was given up by her former family since they had to move and couldn''t take her with them.

I have SLE lupus and am also very sick. Something told me to go to the Houston SPCA one day and I got up and made myself go down there. It was near closing time, but I saw Coco and it was love at first sight. She rolled over on her back and let me rub all over her the first time we met. I adopted her on the spot and she rode home on the console of my car, purring all the way home.

Once we got home, Coco began throwing up after she ate. The card at the SPCA said dry food only and that is what we went by. It turns out, that Coco was very sick and was so impacted with feces that she almost died. Our vet was able to save her after Coco stayed in the vet hospital for a week. She is now on precription canned food and medicine to help her go potty. She was born without an enzyme to help stimulate her colon and she needs help.

Long story short, Coco was abused by her former owners and I have no idea how much she suffered with them. The x-rays of her tummy were shocking! She''s healthy now, but we have to watch her diet every day. I love her so much and she is my angel kitty.
12.gif

Lori

LORIANDCOCO4.jpg

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
This is Lucy, AKA Goosy, or the Goose-Moose.

We adopted her from petrescue.com.au last year. We had her for two days before she got really sick. She was at the vets for six days on a drip. They thought it may have been parvo. Luckily, she pulled through - she was only ten weeks old at the time and was tiny. When we got her home again she was just a pile of skin and bone. She is now a happy, healthy, sweet dog. We are so lucky to have her.

lucy 021109B.JPG

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I love all of your photos!!! Keep them coming!!! At some point I''ll have to hunt down pictures of some of our other past rescues, and our other current pup who lives at SO''s mom''s (She has more room there, she''s far too high energy to live in the town house, she''s a 2 year old pitt bull female... .and is pretty much the happiest dog ever in history).

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lori, I really like how you and Coco found each other. It seems that you both found each other at just the right time. I hope that your condition improves soon. I'm glad you have your sweet angel kitty with you. I love hearing rescue stories likes yours.
12.gif

equestrienne, Yay for adopting adult cats!! The little black dot on Chandler's nose is precious! And, Chance is so gorgeous!!!
30.gif
It is terrible the condition he had to endure. Thank goodness you saved him.

bobbin, Is that Lucy as a pup in your avatar? I have a Lucy at home too. Your Lucy looks like such a good girl, and if that is her puppy photo, then she's got white on the tip of her tail, which I just adore in black doggies!!
30.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I have my Saffron, he''s doing great. Got him when he was about 6 weeks old (were told 8 on the phone but vet said he was 6) He weighed about 8 ounces when we got him and now he is up to a healthy 4 lbs!!! Good thing he jumps around so much or he might be slightly chubbier :) This is him curled up on the couch last night :)

smurfyssaffron.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is D.O.G. we''ve had him for about a year. He''s 15 months. We found him on puppyfinder.com and went to the breeders house to pick him up. They wanted to meet us halfway, but we insisted on going to their house to get him. Well their house was a shack in the woods with pens full of dogs and livestock roaming around freely. It was disgusting. He was filthy and shy and scared. We knew we couldn''t walk away from him because he was so tiny and cute in his patheticness. He was also getting to be too old for the breeder to successfully sell him and we were concerned about what would happen if we didn''t adopt him. So we literally threw $200 at the breeder, grabbed D.O.G. and ran...yes, we puppynapped him and I would have taken his entire pack if I could have. This is D.O.G.''s picture from Puppyfinder.com and how he looks today. He''s by far the best dog I''ve ever had.

bdlxf34yg38.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
And this is Monty who is another "rescue." My former boss had a feral cat in her neighborhood who gave birth under her carport. This was the last kitteh of the litter and we took him. His name is Monty, which is short for Montgomery. My parent had a cat who looked just like him who''s name was Rommel.

101_0712.JPG

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2009 1:04:30 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
And this is Monty who is another ''rescue.'' My former boss had a feral cat in her neighborhood who gave birth under her carport. This was the last kitteh of the litter and we took him. His name is Monty, which is short for Montgomery. My parent had a cat who looked just like him who''s name was Rommel.

Ahahahha I''ve seen that look my kitten''s face too many times. I''ve finally deciphered that it means "Don''t come over here, I''m probably doing something you won''t like" haha

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yea what you can''t see is DH at the bottom of the stairs in the same position...

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I can't figure out how to add pictures using my mac....

But we've rescued two of our three, and I wish I could share pictures!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
hudson - at first I thought the DH comment would be one in reference to the cat looking down at what he''d done to DH... that''s the kind of face he''s making lolololol

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/2/2009 9:59:41 AM
Author: Loves Vintage

bobbin, Is that Lucy as a pup in your avatar? I have a Lucy at home too. Your Lucy looks like such a good girl, and if that is her puppy photo, then she''s got white on the tip of her tail, which I just adore in black doggies!!
30.gif

Yep, that is Lucy in my avatar, somewhere between 10-13 weeks I think. She has white socks and a white tip on her tail as well as a white belly and neck. She is border collie x kelpie.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
We went from having zero cats to 5 in one day thanks to the stray on our property who moved her babies in our house. We took 3 to the humane society here (the one in oregon is the best!) but I cried for 3 days and went and adopted one of them back lol The other two remaining boy cats were all adopted that first day while we were there, together! Such a nice story.
mamanursing.jpg

We still have the mama but I am flying her to Georgia in a couple weeks to be with our dog and her daughter who are being watched by a VERY good friend of ours for the years we''re abroad. We are taking Joey (whom my daughter is in love with) with us. He is the little runt second from the left above and he''s 19 pounds now. His sister (last on the right) was the biggest back then but she''s only about 9 pounds now. The mama, Layla, was so light colored in this picture - she''s dark now. She has a bit of lightness around her neck still but her body is the color of her face and paws in this pic. I''ll have to get a new one of her. Her belly is lighter too. This was her first day in our house so maybe it has something to do with living outside vs living inside? Kittens are 2.5 years old now... time flies! I can''t wait to see my dog and my girl kitty - I miss them so much!! Mama acts like a ragdoll, very docile and goes limp, but she''s just a mutt cat born on the streets! She has blue eyes - all the kittens have green.
Here''s our girl kitty, Becky :)
calliecat2.jpg

Here''s Becky and Joey as little puffs:
becky%20n%20joe.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love this thread! All of your furbabies are adorable.

Here are our little boys, Geddy, Manny, and Vince. We adopted all three from shelters a few years ago.

havenskikimongasps.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
And here''s our little girl, Bailee. She''s really the prettiest little thing out there, but this picture is too funny to keep to myself. Her underbite *kills* me!

And there''s the whole crew in their regular spots in the front window. They like to guard the house.

havenscrewpssssss.jpg

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
lol Haven! So cute that your Bailee lays in the cat tree! adorable!
30.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2009 1:04:30 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
And this is Monty who is another ''rescue.'' My former boss had a feral cat in her neighborhood who gave birth under her carport. This was the last kitteh of the litter and we took him. His name is Monty, which is short for Montgomery. My parent had a cat who looked just like him who''s name was Rommel.

Oh this picture KILLS me! My kitty Cleo does this with my husband - he will talk to her, then lean out of her view, and she will lean waaaaay over to see him around the edge of the wall/chair or whatever. It''s so incredibly funny.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Here is Fudge, she is now about 25 weeks and she is a lab springer mix...

fudgie21435.jpg

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Haven - Bailee is sooo cute

I love your little fudgey poo Alexis!!!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
This is my most favorite thread!!!!
30.gif
36.gif

Lori

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Yay, rescue critters! These are mine and my mom's, as well as some of my past cats. The doggy in my avatar is my mom's, Shayla.

ETA: Ack, huge, sorry! Also, never adopt from a "shelter" in someone's basement! Thats what happened with the little one with the pink ball and she turned out to have ringworm and fleas. Eek!

combo pets pic.jpg

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
ALL of these rescue critters are just adorable... I''m so happy to see so many loved and well cared for rescue animals.

Haven: Oh my GOODNESS! The photo with Bailee in the cat tree is probably my favorite on this whole thread. That''s adorable and totally frame-worthy!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results