shape
carat
color
clarity

Possible dress purchase before Ring gets here

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I am ridiculous.

It is Mikaella 1406. I found a listing used online that makes it much less than a new price. It was only worn on the day, she sent me tons of pictures, measurements all match up except for height. She's being very very generous and allowing me to bring it down to try it on. I'm so excited!

Thank goodness I can at least say my ring has been ordered so I don't feel overly silly. :rolleyes:

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
go for it :razz:

i had set a date, booked and paid a deposit on our reception venue before we had a ring or a proposal :razz: i think i had our photographer booked too...

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
i, too, have my wedding (destination! SQUEE!) bookednand have already put a deposit on my dress prior to the ring...LOL! We only have a particular 3 month window where we can get married next year, and wanted time to pay for it so we just booked it. The ring is coming this year :naughty:

I would just make sure that you have tried on other options to make sure it is certainly the one you want!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm not usually a fan of buying wedding stuff before the engagement, but I think you should go for it, DF.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hudson - I'm not either. But I have watched this dress for several years now, and I just couldn't resist. It's on it's way for try on. I should have it on Wednesday. I'm so so excited! We are looking into lace boleros to wear over the top, as I want lace sleeves (possibly off the shoulder?) since it's a winter wedding.

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Dragonfly,
I would say go for it! :appl:

I have my dress narrowed down to 3 and my shoes are purchased. No proposal for me yet! Actually today I ordered some picture fram charms for my bouquet too... :shock: I just cant stop! lol

I just googled that dress and it is beautiful! It would be gorgeous with a lace bolero! Let us know how it works out!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I say that if there is zero doubt in your mid that you're marrying this man, then go for it! I bought my dress about a 3 weeks before the actual proposal...I didn't know when that was coming, but we set the wedding date for 9 months away, so planning asap was the best thing for me to do!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
FancyPantsSparkles|1374260302|3486322 said:
I say that if there is zero doubt in your mid that you're marrying this man, then go for it! I bought my dress about a 3 weeks before the actual proposal...I didn't know when that was coming, but we set the wedding date for 9 months away, so planning asap was the best thing for me to do!

Fancy - We've made it through 7 years and bought a house, so I'm 110% sure lol! Ring is ordered, just takes three weeks to process the order.

The main reason I'm giving this a chance is b/c this dress is one I keep returning to as a dress I love, and was discontinued this year!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, then I times my 'do it' vote by another 10! Obviously you know its going to happen and if this dress keeps calling your name AND you're getting it at a great price point, I absolutely say do it!! :)

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you gone and tried on dresses? I'm sure you love this dress, but you don't know how you feel about other dresses til you try them on. I never thought I'd like the style of dresses that looks best on me until I went to DB and Nordstrom's bridal boutique. I'd say go have a dress day, try on different styles, and then see how you feel about the styles similar to this dress vs. other styles.

Some dresses look good on you… until you find dresses that look phenomenal in comparison. I'd hate for you to settle!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Ooo! Please tell us how you like it once its arrived! :appl:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Madelise - I do agree with you, and I haven't tried on dresses yet. That being said, the good thing is that this is at SUCH a low price that I really wouldn't be hurting my budget by much. The other good thing is that IF I don't like the dress she will refund the deposit and I'll only be out shipping. If I DID find another dress, I could have this as a reception dress or a dress for my trash the dress (which will be done. In a notable and beautiful river near where I live. No doubt.)

Dress should be here by Wednesday. :shock: :o :bigsmile: I'll make sure to keep everyone updated .

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
5473.jpg
5483.jpg
Here she is! The dress arrived yesterday. We'll have to see about hemming, as she is a little long but otherwise a PERFECT fit! Now I have to be sure that I don't lose a drastic amount of weight before then, but I have next year to make further alterations if absolutely needed as I tone up for my yoga instructor's certification course. But :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!!! That dress looks fabulous on you! :)

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
The dress is gorgeous! Congrats on getting such a deal!

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
The dress looks great and it's even better because you got such a great deal on it!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, my goodness, the dress is beautiful and looks perfect on you. No one would ever guess it wasn't made just for you.
Congratulations!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's stunning! I think it's a great choice-- you can wear it to any type of venue! Beach, more casual, uber-formal… And it looks amazing on you! Just get alterations when it comes closer to your wedding date ;))

SAY YES TO THE DRESS! :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg it looks like it was made for you! You look gorgeous in it!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all SO MUCH! I do plan to say yes to the dress lol! We plan to have a winter wedding with a forest theme. My one thing I'm considering is a lace off the shoulder half sleeve bolero. Thoughts?

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful dragonfly411!!! Great purchase!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bring the dress with you to a David's Bridal or something to try on the boleros. ::) We can't answer that Q for you w/o pics!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results