shape
carat
color
clarity

Poshmark issues

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Having a problem I'm hoping someone can help with.

I started a Poshmark account as I wanted to buy a leather purse/bag. I found a nice bag and hearted it. The seller sent me a nice discount offer of $20 by email (around 18% off) with the 24 hour expiration. It would have been my first purchase. I'd commented and asked about the condition of the bag with no response, but she appeared to be running a store so figured she was busy. I had a busy day myself and when I sat down that night to purchase it, was 2 mins over the 24 hour deadline (darn), so decided to pay full price. I couldn't purchase as she'd... blocked me? I have no idea why. What faux pas did I commit?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock

I started a Poshmark account as I wanted to buy a leather purse/bag. I found a nice bag and hearted it. The seller sent me a nice discount offer of $20 by email (around 18% off) with the 24 hour expiration. It would have been my first purchase. I'd commented and asked about the condition of the bag with no response, but she appeared to be running a store so figured she was busy. I had a busy day myself and when I sat down that night to purchase it, was 2 mins over the 24 hour deadline (darn), so decided to pay full price. I couldn't purchase as she'd... blocked me? I have no idea why. What faux pas did I commit?

If that's some kind of standard thing there, I don't know about it but then I think I've only used Poshmark once or twice.

But it sounds to me like the seller might not want to answer your question, in which case you may have just dodged a bullet!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Poshmarkers seem to be a spectrum running from very casual i.e. makes a purchase randomly once a year or is on the app every single minute of every single day as a professional reseller. You probably ran into someone who is running it like their business and gets heated when someone seems like they’re blowing off an offer.

I just ramped up my selling (haha and buying) because it became kind of fun, and whooooo some sellers are super cool and laidback while others are totally rude. I’m pretty casual about it but I don’t have multiple sales a day, I probably send out 1-4 packages a week. Some of these resellers are operating out of literal warehouses.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Poshmarkers seem to be a spectrum running from very casual i.e. makes a purchase randomly once a year or is on the app every single minute of every single day as a professional reseller. You probably ran into someone who is running it like their business and gets heated when someone seems like they’re blowing off an offer.

I just ramped up my selling (haha and buying) because it became kind of fun, and whooooo some sellers are super cool and laidback while others are totally rude. I’m pretty casual about it but I don’t have multiple sales a day, I probably send out 1-4 packages a week. Some of these resellers are operating out of literal warehouses.

I feel like that's it. She got mad because I seemingly passed on the offer, which isn't the case at all. I had a busy day and missed it, then was prepared to pay full price. Petty tactic for someone running an e - business.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel like that's it. She got mad because I seemingly passed on the offer, which isn't the case at all. I had a busy day and missed it, then was prepared to pay full price. Petty tactic for someone running an e - business.

I’m sorry you had such a bad experience! She shouldn’t have blocked you, she cut off her nose to spite her face.

On a positive note, I bought a NWT dress for my daughter and it arrived today. The package felt WAY too heavy and full to be just a little sundress and when I opened it, there were two additional items inside—a top and shorts in the same size as the dress. For a second I got anxious thinking the seller had sent me someone else’s items, but then I read her note and it said “thought maybe you could use these, too.” She actually gave me a free pair of jean shorts and a very pretty lacy/boho top just because! That’s not something that happens often but people on the site can be really nice and generous.

The only times I have blocked someone is when they lowballed me so much that it was insulting, and when I countered, did it again. Offering $5 for a NWT dress that currently retails for $228 and then countering with $10 for example, is grounds for blocking, in my book.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I’m sorry you had such a bad experience! She shouldn’t have blocked you, she cut off her nose to spite her face.

On a positive note, I bought a NWT dress for my daughter and it arrived today. The package felt WAY too heavy and full to be just a little sundress and when I opened it, there were two additional items inside—a top and shorts in the same size as the dress. For a second I got anxious thinking the seller had sent me someone else’s items, but then I read her note and it said “thought maybe you could use these, too.” She actually gave me a free pair of jean shorts and a very pretty lacy/boho top just because! That’s not something that happens often but people on the site can be really nice and generous.

The only times I have blocked someone is when they lowballed me so much that it was insulting, and when I countered, did it again. Offering $5 for a NWT dress that currently retails for $228 and then countering with $10 for example, is grounds for blocking, in my book.

Absolutely agree. I sell on FB MP and low balls will get you blocked.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results