shape
carat
color
clarity

Portable DVD player with dual screens for my car--help!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone bought one recently that they can recommend? I'll be traveling for 6 hours by car with my 3 and 5 year old boys and I think if they can watch some movies, it will help keep them quiet :saint: . Otherwise, I'm not sure I can stomach this trip, lol!

Thank you!

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
We have the older version of these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Philips-9-PET9402-Portable-DVD-Player-w-Dual-Screens-/200630450185?pt=DVD_Players_Recorders&hash=item2eb681b809

And they've lasted us a few years with no problems. From what I've read none of them are going to be a long-term investment, they have a limited lifespan. So I wouldn't spend more than $150ish dollars total unless you are getting a system installed in your car.

Another option that we've found works better for us now (though my youngest is 4, he did OK at 3) is to use our Ipod Touch and then one of our iphones. We can download a bunch of random shows they like on itunes and the battery life is longer. And there are also games and other fun stuff to keep them busy when they don't want to watch a show or sleep :) . Might be an option if you already have these devices. We haven't used our DVD player as much recently because of the i-accessories.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
nfowife|1312487691|2984246 said:
We have the older version of these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Philips-9-PET9402-Portable-DVD-Player-w-Dual-Screens-/200630450185?pt=DVD_Players_Recorders&hash=item2eb681b809

And they've lasted us a few years with no problems. From what I've read none of them are going to be a long-term investment, they have a limited lifespan. So I wouldn't spend more than $150ish dollars total unless you are getting a system installed in your car.

Another option that we've found works better for us now (though my youngest is 4, he did OK at 3) is to use our Ipod Touch and then one of our iphones. We can download a bunch of random shows they like on itunes and the battery life is longer. And there are also games and other fun stuff to keep them busy when they don't want to watch a show or sleep :) . Might be an option if you already have these devices. We haven't used our DVD player as much recently because of the i-accessories.

Thank you, nfowife! The first place I checked online was bestbuy and this is the brand they carry. The first reviews were pretty negative (although the overall rating was pretty good), so I thought I'd do more research. I'll buy this one.

Good tip re the Ipod --my husband has one and once I get one, the kids will use those for long car rides :)) .

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results