shape
carat
color
clarity

Portable air conditoners

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Peepa

Shiny_Rock
Are they flush to the window? I don''t want anything sticking out. And is it really easy to install as I''ve been reading? Do I have to take my screen off?

cara

Ideal_Rock
Window units are NOT flush with the window. There is a bit sticking out on either end.

There are (much more expensive) portable air conditioners that are a box on wheels that rests on the floor, not in your window.

Peepa

Shiny_Rock
I''m thinking of buying a portable air conditioner with the hose on the window. I just want to know if I have to take the screen off or can I just stick the hose right up to the screen, nothing sticking out.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
What are you talking about exactly? A window air conditioner, or one of those on the floor types?

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Hi Peepa! I got a portable air conditioner that sits on the floor and there's a plate that fits in the window that the hoses attach to. The screen on the window doesn't have to be removed. The plate fits on top of the screen. Just the window opens up a little and the plate fits in there. We love ours! Hope you stay cool
1.gif

eta: HERE this is the unit we got at Costco. And ya, it's easy to install. You just have to adjust 2 screws so the plate fits your window. Or at least that's how it works for the unit we got.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results