Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Made my day! Thanks Miss M!

cheers--Sharon

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's the cutest little guy ever!!!!! I want one too!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want a pet skunk and some kittens and a lifetime supply of white Zinfandel. :lickout:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He is so adorable! I love the sound he makes and he is talking to her! :mrgreen2:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Absolutely love! Thanks for sharing!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He is totally adorable. I had no idea porcupines were so cute. I do know raccoons and skunks, though. Many years ago my mother used to feed the raccoons and then the they brought their babies, who learned how to feed here. (The babies climbed up the trees when they were very young to watch how it was done, and when they were older and ate solid food, they knew how to eat here, too!) Then the skunks started to come and bring their babies because they were also nocturnal. (My mother put out kibble every night in a big saucer-the kind one sleds in.) But the raccoons got so tame that they came up and let the screen door slam to let my mother know they wanted food. She used to hand each one a piece of bread or a jelly doughnut as he came to the door. One day we woke up to find they had opened the screen on the window and were on the kitchen counter eating cereal out of cereal boxes. They were not pets, like that porcupine, but close!

We now have a woodchuck who is often on our front lawn, and sometimes bunnies and deer. And of, course, chipmunks and squirrels. But they just eat acorns and other food nature provides. My mother was prevailed upon not to feed the raccoons many years ago due to concerns about rabies....

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adorable - but I gotta know: can you cuddle him without injury?!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I FREAKING LOVE porcupines!!!!!! They are so incredibly sweet. I've been following this little guy on social media for a little bit, and he's wonderful. I learned from watching him on some TV show that apparently you can pet them without getting hurt @minousbijoux . The stuff that will legitimately hurt you is apparently their undercoat. That said, I think even most handlers use gloves in case the porcupines were startled or something and accidentally use the sharp quills.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He is freaking adorable, I must say. And thanks for the intel, @lovedogs

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cuteness overload!! My DH and I laughed so hard at this adorable video.
We should all enjoy our food this much! Love, love, love!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow I always thought porcupines were similar to Echidnas but now I can see they are nothing alike. The porcupine has a softer coat Echidnas don't have (they just have the really hard sharp spikes you can see) and they don't have a tail and have more of a long pointy ant eater type snout and they don't make the cute noises this guy does at all.....

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness...so much cute in one video! I love the way he talks. He's just living that pumpkin life right now. :lol-2:

That reminds me of a woman, on the radio, complaining about the squirrels eating the pumpkins she left outside. If someone left a delicious treat (a pumpkin pie perhaps :twisted2:) on my kitchen table, you can be sure as hell that I'm eating it. :P2

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I make noises just like that when I open a fresh new bottle of prosecco...

And good bourbon -- have to find a video of a cat purring loudly and with vigor to do that justice.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't believe they talk like that, it's like he's saying back off people it's my corn..... Echidnas nada, zip, zilch zero, no verbal interaction back much at all.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg the corn video! :lol-2:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've always loved porcupines, so I was really excited to find these necklaces on etsy (especially since NO HARM CAME TO THE PORCUPINES!). They shed their quills naturally, so I just think this is a sweet way to express my enthusiasm for these gorgeous creatures :) il_570xN.946351656_9boz.jpg il_570xN.961521168_cl2y.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovedogs, that is such a cool necklace! What an interesting and beautiful conversation piece. What kind of metal is the chain/clasp/setting? I'd be interested in wearing one but I have a pretty severe nickel allergy so have to be really careful about metals.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@monarch64 it's a brass chain--not an expensive piece. I haven't purchased (yet), I'm asking the seller if they can make me a long chain with multiple porcupine quills, because I'd like a long necklace that I can double up! The etsy shop is "crunchy diva designs", which makes me giggle.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the info, @lovedogs! I like the idea of a longer chain, and the name is adorable. Crunch diva sounds like an oxymoron, but I must say I've met some crunchies who were also, in fact, divas. LOL

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results