shape
carat
color
clarity

Pop the question before or after Dinner?

Before or After Dinner???

• Before Dinner

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • After Dinner

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

g00mba

Rough_Rock
Here is the plan:

I live in a different city then my girlfriend so I will be flying in on April 27th (morning). My hair has been getting kinda long, so I will be headed to get it cleaned up as soon as I land. The reason I''m flying in, is for her University Grad Dinner, with all her friends, which is happening on the 28th. My plan is to convince her that we will be going out for a night with my friends on the 27th after we go to dinner, but my friends are just the decoy.

After I get back from my hair cut, I''ll suggest a going for a walk. Her apartment is located within walking distance from our first date 4.5 years ago. So, we shall reenact that date (although it occurred in the evening) in the afternoon. We will go to the lounge we played pool at, the same walk we took afterwards, which led to a specialty candy store, and onto the place of our first kiss. When we get to that spot, I was thinking this is one of the places I could pop the question. It is in a fairly busy area, but i don''t think she would mind a public proposal, but keep this in mind as I continue :) I kind of like the idea of proposing where we first kissed.

After our afternoon walk (reenactment) we will go back to her place. Her roommate knows I''m planning something that night, as I have asked her if she wouldn''t mind vacating the apartment sometime after 8pm, and she agreed :) When we get back to the apartment, everything will go on like normal if I didn''t propose, or if I did, I''m sure she''ll tell her roommate.

We will then get ready for dinner. When we leave for dinner, I will say I forgot something upstairs and run up there and spread some rose petals around and place candles so that I can just light them when we get back from dinner.

The restaurant is one of our favorites, but we have only been there once. I think we can always make it a special place (due to this planned evening), since we like it lots ;-)
This is the other place I have in mind for the proposal. It is a small, quaint restaurant, which is very romantic. I will disguise this dinner as a grad celebration. At the end of dinner I can have the owner bring out the "dessert", which would consist of a rose with the ring :)

When we get back to the apartment we can have wine/champagne in a candle lit setting.

So.... my question is, which time to propose?????

Alienor

Rough_Rock
I believe with the walk reenactment and everything, she will have figured out what is about to happen. You could propose before and then be newly engaged couple throughout the dinner and talk about future plans. Oh and you have to put the nervousness factor, can you hold it together throughout the dinner if you decide to propose after dinner?
Either way, happy proposal to you!

SBee

Rough_Rock
after reading just the title of this thread, I would have said "after dinner!" because I would be too excited about an engagement to even eat and enjoy a nice meal...

...but, after reading the actual content of the thread, I really like your idea to propose in the spot where you had your first kiss!! I say go for that option and then enjoy dinner as a newly engaged couple :) Good luck with whatever you decide!!!

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
I was starving before we got to the restaurant and then he did it before we ordered. I couldn''t even compose myself to damn well order something! I wasn''t hungary at all either

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Before dinner, where you had your first kiss. I also worry about proposals involving someone else bringing out the ring, just in case something were to to happen.
1.gif

She''d also be more likely to expect it once the date unfolds...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Before...just to alleviate you both being possibly stressed out by the time you''ve made it all the way through dinner! Best of luck to you!!! What a great proposal this will be!!!
36.gif
35.gif

InlovewithJHK

Shiny_Rock
my husband proposed before dinner at a swanky NYC place- involving a whole elaborate scheme of course
2.gif
- but my point is that I''m so happy he did it that way! We talked about wedding stuff all dinner long!

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
Well, my husband proposed after attending a dinner banquet. I must say he was so nervous that he couldn''t eat and I just assumed he was having some stomach problems. I''m really happy he did it this way but you may enjoy dinner more if you do it before.

peridot83

Shiny_Rock
How you''ve set it up; I''d say before dinner. Proposing where you first kissed seems so personal and thoughtful! Your girlfriend is lucky to have you! The only thing is are you sure you want to wait all the way until after dinner to have alone time after you propose? Perhaps the roomate can vacate for the whole day just in case you want to eat in after?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results