shape
carat
color
clarity

Pondering Pearl Wishlist..

miimac7

Shiny_Rock
Hi All! Pondering my pearl wishlist. I’m a total bracelet lover. I prefer to see my baubles so prefer bracelets and rings to necklaces. I have very sensitive lobes so stick with my diamond studs only (I’ve wasted to much money trying other options). I’ve decided my next pearl piece with be a mikimoto 32” akoya, 8.0-8.5mm strand. This length works the best for me as any longer and the pearls get tangled around “my girls” and it’s a constant struggle keeping the strand corralled where it’s supposed to be. If I want to have the “pile or pearls look” I can add my bracelet which is about 6.5” to the strand and double up, then add my 16”, 18” and 20” strands.

Wondering your thoughts on the next wishlist item. I would love a mikimoto 18” 9.0-9.5mm akoya strand and I would love something in AAA from miki. A AAA 9.0-9.5mm is off the table. So, I’m thinking of doing a AAA bracelet (open to size but probably a 7.5 or 8.5) and the 9.0-9.5 in A or should I skip the bracelet and the 9.0-9.5 and get the AAA strand in 8.0-8.5? I’m leaning towards the first option (so I can see the AAA all the time) but I currently wear my pearl bracelet next to a white gold bangle, been wearing like this for about a year and the pearls have not been damaged, wondering if this would be the same with the AAA?

PS: all my pearls are miki. I’m sticking with miki’s although I am aware that an A strand is probably able to be duped for less money.

Thanks for your thoughts:)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
skip the bracelet and the 9.0-9.5 and get the AAA strand in 8.0-8.5
Just one opinion - this all the way home :bigsmile:
Def wouldn't put a Miki AAA bracelet next to metal or other stones! The trouble is that the damage accumulates subtly over a long time - you might not even register it unless you've got a "control pearl" from back when the bracelet was brand new!
I'm kind of a minimalist when it comes to stacking but I have to say the pile o' pearls look is really growing on me ::)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results