shape
carat
color
clarity

Poll: which box to use when popping the question?

Which box?

• 10 o'clock... Black cherry from Etsy

Votes: 10 13.7%
  • 12 o'clock... Black fuzzy lined one

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • 2 o'clock... Brian Gavin Signature

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • 4 o'clock... Lesley provided a red wooden one! Thanks Lesley!

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • 6 o'clock... Black rubber-texture with a LED light when opened

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • 8 o'clock... Black by Brian Gavin Box

Votes: 4 5.5%

• Total voters

holeydonut

Shiny_Rock
Don't worry, Lesley @ Brian Gavin said it'd be funny to make this one :)

I have 6 boxes to pick from for my upcoming proposal... Well a 7th if I just recycle the FedEx box that the ring shipped in.

IMG-0044.JPG

IMG-0045.JPG

I don't have pictures of the ring with each box, but it's this one... setting is platinum.

810_Side2_1024.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've never seen one in real life, but I like the idea of the box with a light! :love:

Q

Queenie60

Agree, the box with the light. I have one and it certainly shows off your diamond. Congratulations, beautiful ring.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Either one that is made of wood.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I say go for a box with a light with a big ol silk ribbon

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the red wood because it’s sexy.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don't forget to actually vote up top, I almost did.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ha!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the idea of the lighted box but it's not my favorite of the mix! Hard choice! Where did the lighted box come from if I may ask?

holeydonut

Shiny_Rock
Love the idea of the lighted box but it's not my favorite of the mix! Hard choice! Where did the lighted box come from if I may ask?

Yeah, there's a box out there that is a combination of the 10 o'clock and 6 o'clock boxes (it's a shiny black wood with a LED light). But it was shipping out of the UK and I wasn't sure how long it'd take to arrive.

But, here's the rubbery one with an LED (6 o'clock).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077GYTRGG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Omeet Mini Size Metal Glossy with LED Jewelry Gift Box

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, there's a box out there that is a combination of the 10 o'clock and 6 o'clock boxes (it's a shiny black wood with a LED light). But it was shipping out of the UK and I wasn't sure how long it'd take to arrive.

But, here's the rubbery one with an LED (6 o'clock).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077GYTRGG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Omeet Mini Size Metal Glossy with LED Jewelry Gift Box

Thanks! Such a cool idea!! Might have to buy one for myself - lol!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted for the light-up one but the light looks off-center to me. Can it be adjusted?

holeydonut

Shiny_Rock
I voted for the light-up one but the light looks off-center to me. Can it be adjusted?

Yeah, the best part of these Made in China things is you can push things with a pen and re-center it :)

The light is very blue and harsh though... definitely not your jewelry store lighting.

IMG-0048.JPG

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazon has a wooden one with white interior - might look ok in white.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, the best part of these Made in China things is you can push things with a pen and re-center it :)

The light is very blue and harsh though... definitely not your jewelry store lighting.

IMG-0048.JPG
:lol:

Ok, seeing the light is blue, it's not quite what I had envisioned. :confused2: May have to revise my vote....

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My second choice would be the BGD box with the ribbon.

holeydonut

Shiny_Rock
:lol:

Ok, seeing the light is blue, it's not quite what I had envisioned. :confused2: May have to revise my vote....

I'm such a friggin moron. The ring doesn't fit in this lit box because the ring is too tall. AAaaarrrghghhghhh....

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Brian Gavin box at 2 is my favorite. The basic black fuzzy box at 12 is a close 2nd.

I don't care for that light or the white interior.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Where are you proposing? If in a dim lighting environment, the box with light. If not, then whichever looks the most substantial and pleasing to you irl.

The box with light looks to have a slimmer profile so would be easier to hide in pocket I think. Something to consider.

You can always give her the other 5 boxes to see which one she prefers (assume that doesn’t meant she will expect 5 other rings to fill up the boxes). Pls let us know which one she prefers! :lol:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the top middle black velvet, and the black laquer on the top left. I don't like the BG boxes, and I really dislike the red wood boxes with the white interior because I don't think it shows off the ring as well as the black. I technically like the BG box on the top right, but I think a box with two piece is going to be awkward to use for a proposal. I'd go with any of the hinged black ones.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
None. Hold it in your fingers when you ask, then slip it on when she squeals her "yes" ::)
And until then... a small ziploc baggie attracts no attention whatsoever in a man's pocket ::)
Then come back and tell us that you used none of your multiple box options after all ::)

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL @yssie.

Out of these boxes I like the styling of the black BGD with ribbon. I do like the LED light option, but I'm biased as that's what I got from DK (housing my BGD stone).

20181001_203812.jpg

20181001_203847.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you're going to be walking around with it in your pocket you better take the size/bulk of the box into consideration. I like the lighted box. Yeah, maybe it's not the BEST diamond viewing light, but if it will be dark I think it's warranted.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can't go wrong with classy and classic: black velvet!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Changed my vote to 12 o’clock since the light one isn’t tall enough.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results