shape
carat
color
clarity

Poll: Is a round diamond always the best shape?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Yoga

Rough_Rock
I just got my pear stone
love.gif

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Yoga, it seems to us that "shape" is really a matter of preference... While a round brilliant cut diamond cut to a tight range of proportions is likely to yield the best overall visual performance, a well cut pear shape diamond may be more attractive to the wearer... Robin wears a 5.76 carat pear shape on her index finger, a 2.76 carat pear shape on her wedding ring, a 2.54 carat marquise on her other ring finger... While we specialize in round brilliant cut diamonds on-line, her "preference" is for the fancies because they span the length of her fingers better... In fact, the only round brilliant ideal cuts that she wears are in her ears as studs (friction back posts, she doesn't like screw backs because they hurt her ears and stretch out the holes)... She's wearing a 5.10 princess cut on her neck which is surrounded by a raceway of rounds from the pre-ideal days of design... People should buy whatever shape they want to see on their body and not base their decision solely on visual performance... That said, they should focus on buying the best cut diamond they can find within the class of shape that they decide upon... This isn't always easy, especially on-line, because the fancy shape diamonds are not cut to the same level of consitency that the rounds are cut to today, there are wide variations in shape and length-to-width ratios... Enjoy your pear shape! You can always toss a pair of rounds in your ears
9.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
A round is the safest choice and the one that guarantees the best light performance (all other things being equal). But of course it *is* a matter of preference. In spite of knowing all of its advantages, I still doubt I'd ever want a RB in my lifetime. My favorite is the EC, because it is the opposite of everything a RB is. I also love the older cuts, and am currently having my new OMC set. In five years, I may even get a larger OMC. So, I am partial to a cushion-cut. Oh, and I'm also hankering for a pair of Regent studs.
2.gif
I think I'm finally over my princess phase, though.

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
Hi Yoga....

It's a matter of taste
That much is true
But the "experts" say round
Performs best for you

Nothing can match it
When cut just right
It glows like fire
and returns the light!

niceice

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 3/9/2003 3:54:33 PM Yoga wrote:

WOW, Robin must look gorgeous covered in those diamonds!

appl.gif
Would love to see pics of her diamonds! I guess you guys know a thing or two about pears LOL! It's nice to hear that people in your business chose the pear (or something other than the round) for themselves, based on personal preference, though I have seen a few pictures of rounds on this site that have made me pause and wonder if I had made the wrong decision! This is my pear: measurements: 13.43 x 9.31 x 5.28, wt: 4.21, depth: 56.7 %, table: 66 %, thin to medium, faceted, culet: small, polish: good, symmetry: good, SI1, color: E, flourescence: faint. I sure would appreciate your thoughts, since you have so many pears in the family!
naughty.gif

----------------
Your puppy sounds beautiful! How is it set? Yea... Robin is "dripping in diamonds" - that's why she's in the business, so she can buy her diamonds wholesale
9.gif
of course on-line prices are so close to wholesale these days that it doesn't really matter anymore... Here is the only picture of some of her rings that we know how to grab off of the server from home, the marquise is the 2.54 carat and the pear shape is the 5.76 - she wears a twelve carat total weight tennis bracelet on the same hand, it is made up of individual links, each holding three round brilliant diamonds set to create the illusion of heart shapes...

goldfingers1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results