shape
carat
color
clarity

Poll - are you a Pricescope addict?

On the average, how many hours per day are you active on PS? (or at least what you will admit to)

• less than 1

Votes: 1 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 10 or more

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How many of you find PS highly addictive?
Ever sneak a peak at work while the boss is not looking?
Ever think PS was becoming your life and you should stop spending so much time here?
Ever check SMTR multiple times an hour just to see if there is any new eye candy?

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, I''ll admit to sneaking peaks while at work. I just hope my boss isn''t a PS member.

I know of a fellow PS member who actually composes replies using MS Word (so it will look
like she is working), and then quickly cut/pastes it onto the forum.
1.gif
11.gif

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
It''s coming up on a half year; slowly, I''m learning to manage it, but it is something of an addiction.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t even want to know ! PS is opened whenever I am working on the computer - which is allot of time.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
It really depends on what you call active it usualy takes about 15-20 min to read a days threads and maybe another 30 min if I make some replies.
But from then on I will check back every 10 min or so to see what is new.
Post/check in from work yes :}
Boss dont mind as long as I get my work done.

So depending on how you define active it would be anywhere from 1 hour to 5 or 6.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would define "active" as time spent reading and/or responding to posts. Time spent checking to see if there are any new posts, counts as time reading.

Active time also includes time spent sending/reading email or PMs via this forum.

What I would not count is how long PS is open in one of your browser windows.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

PM''ing could potentially be a large consumer of one''s time on this forum.
emclock.gif
And yes, this place is "addicting"!

cheers

Sharon

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2004 12:55:25 PM
Author: cflutist
I would define ''active'' as time spent reading and/or responding to posts. Time spent checking to see if there are any new posts, counts as time reading.

Active time also includes time spent sending/reading email or PMs via this forum.

What I would not count is how long PS is open in one of your browser windows.
2 hours or so a day then.

fancyrock

Brilliant_Rock
I GOT NO SHAME in admitting that i'm completely & totally HOOKED on PS. There is no sneak a peak at work. I just sign right on ALL DAY LONG. I find myself thinking about PS whenever i'm away. What eye candy am I missing out? My eyes popped out when i saw a computer in Disneyland (in the innovation land). I didn't think to say hi to my family or friends, but instead I signed on to PS right away and composed a thread just to say hello to all the PS members and check on new threads. Now if that's not addiction I don't know what is.

It's Saturday morning, i just finished making 3 pumpkin pies and i'm on PS again!!!!
18.gif
36.gif
18.gif
36.gif
18.gif

Often at home, my 6-day-old fiance would ask... "are you PSing again?" and i proudly say... YES, I AM!!!!!!
9.gif
16.gif
37.gif
9.gif
16.gif
37.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooh, highly addictive. I was addicted well before I ever joined. I didn''t join until the other day because I didn''t really have anything worth showing
25.gif
But now that I''m a member, I find myself checking quite often to see what''s new. I''m so addicted to this part of the forum that I actually forgot that there were other categories
20.gif
9.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I voted 2 hours on average. I try not to, but sometimes I sneak peaks at work...I typicall work 9-10 hours a day with no lunch/breaks, so I consider 10 minutes on pscope as a mental break okay but I have to be careful not to let it get out of control. At night, I usually check in for a while...I am not really into any TV shows consistently so this is more entertaining!
2.gif
1.gif

katbadness

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/30/2004 11:53:30 AM
Author: valeria101
I don''t even want to know; PS is opened whenever I am working on the computer - which is allot of time.
I second this sentiment. I may not post frequently, but I''m on the forum most of the time.

A good thing my company is pretty lenient on personal use of the computer.. so as long as I have my work done, all is OK.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I can''t go online at work, but at home, Pricescope is always open. I never log off. And it''s my homepage.
1.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i'm surprised you rich girls[$$)] here on PS actually have a job. i thought all of you are retired ,your only problem is try to decide what jewerly piece to buy next.
9.gif

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
I voted an avg of 2 hrs but it's often less...
I only log on at work when i have a few free mins - personal i-net use is frowned upon at my job & it's monitored
7.gif
I work a minimum of 9 hrs per day & have a total of 2 hrs commuting time.
I'm not into reg TV programming so I'll often log in for awhile at nite if we're not otherwise occupied...
If we're around on the wknd, i'll def check in cuz this site's the Best!!
36.gif

I didn''t take part in the poll, as I only stumbled across pricescope yesterday, but I have to say, I AM TOTALLY HOOKED!!! I spent hours on it yesterday afternoon, then I was on til 4
6.gif
0am!!! I have already been on for an hour or so this morning, I am not getting any work done!!!

but at least it gives me something to work for
face1.gif

I
emlove.gif
diamonds
I
emlove.gif
pricescope

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2004 7:41:53 AM
Author: alexah
I voted an avg of 2 hrs but it''s often less...
I only log on at work when i have a few free mins - personal i-net use is frowned upon at my job & it''s monitored
7.gif
I work a minimum of 9 hrs per day & have a total of 2 hrs commuting time.
I''m not into reg TV programming so I''ll often log in for awhile at nite if we''re not otherwise occupied...
If we''re around on the wknd, i''ll def check in cuz this site''s the Best!!
36.gif
Alexah, are we the same person???
2.gif
1.gif

You''ve just reiterated my story...and my commute is getting to me to the point that it may be time to think about things...and the traffic up here is HORRENDOUS.
14.gif
38.gif
29.gif

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
...same person Jennifer? only in my happy sparkly dreams
2.gif

i guess it''s the living in NJ, working in NYC dilemma... i take the path train but, actually, the bulk of my commute is walking so i shouldn''t complain... good thing i''m a fast walker or it''d take me much longer!

when i owned my apt in the city (til last yr), i had a 10-15 min walk into work... sigh...
15.gif
now that was a good commute - the work day felt soo much shorter!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
in my past life as a salaried employee, pscope ran in the background on my computer for a full 8+ hours a day. it also often was on my home computer up as well 24 hours a day. estimated on average maybe 3-4 hours of active posting per day. pretty addicted. ;-)

but now i only have about 30-45 minutes on average...on lazy around-the-house days i can catch up and spend about 2 hours and lurk. but not as much posting as previously, i find that it's hard for me to know where to start to answer questions or post my opinions on things since there is so much i was not involved with in the post to begin with. now my work is more challenging and it takes up more of my day..also now we have the puppy and i'd so much rather spend time with her than on the computer! pscope sacrilege but true.
1.gif

when i first started on pscope it was much quieter than it is now, and had less active members available to assist newbies...it has grown with leaps and bounds in the last few years which is great for the pscope community and those who find the forums seeking help!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I had to back away from PS for a while, because I wasn''t working, and i knew that if I even opened the site I would be glued to it (and all the jewelry sites that people post). So for the sake of getting anything done in a day, I had to STOP!

When I was working, I actually had it on while I was working, and since I had a fairly lax boss who said as long as I get my work done, I posted quite a bit...luckily I work FAST!
2.gif
31.gif

Now, I am actually back in school, so I am limiting myself with PS...I have to be careful, because not only does my day pass with me by the screen only, but my poor fiance''s wallet will soon deplete as well!!!
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
I wonder if Leo can program a counter that tells you how long you've been logged on for the day?

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2004 11
6.gif
7:19 AM
Author: verticalhorizon
I wonder if Leo can program a counter that tells you how long you''ve been logged on for the day?
But, I *never* log out. I''m too lazy to log in. I just tick the "keep me signed on until further notice" box. So, I''d be logged on pretty much 24/7.
6.gif
Which would mean, I never sleep. Which is the exact opposite - I''m looking at the inside of my eyelids around 9-10 O''clock.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I use to spend at least an hour per day on this site :) I''m at home so it''s so easy just to click a few times with the mouse and read up on all the lastest news and posts, but now I''m "working," as in doing major home renovations to our current house and the one we just bought, so there''s less time to spend online and still leave time to devote to my kids. I guess I read about 15 minutes to 1/2 hour five days per week. Major cutback!
6.gif
When I have some money, I''ll read/post more (LOL)!

reena

Ideal_Rock
i don''t really have to tell anyone here that i''m completely obsessed. it''s a problem.

thing is, i sit at my computer "working" all day long, so i just have the screen open . . . and it''s just so easy to get distracted from doing my boring work . . . so there you have it.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
YES. I am on Pricescope everyday except the weekends. One night when I was working late with my boss, he saw me on Pricescope (I was waiting for him to pass me some presentations to upload), and laughed that I''m such a hardcore diamond addict. Guess I am a jewellery fanatic coz I buy at least one item a month. Luckily my husband is used to it.

P.S. I''m not new to Pricescope but this is only my second post. Pricescope''s been so informative. I thought I knew diamonds but I never focused too much on cut until PS.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any of the 10+ hr per day members want to tell us what they enjoy most about PS?

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I love people with an ounce of knowledge and a ton of of things to say... People who make accusations in the diamond industry and people who stop asking questions, and start answering everyone else''s... or just people who heard from a person, who heard from antoher person, and they call it law...

Oh and of course...Show me the Ring forum...
30.gif
31.gif
30.gif
31.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results