shape
carat
color
clarity

Polar bear Canadian diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

junior13

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

I have been reading a few of the posts and thought one of you may help me. I have gotten a price on a polar bear engagement ring, here are the specs, please let me know if this is too expensive.

thank you,

.35ct
round brilliant cut
laser inscribed
Clarity SI1
Colour G
Polish and symmetry are very good.
platinum ring.
weigning 3.9 grams in total

Appraisal at 3200.00 canadian + 15% tax

selling for 2900.00 canadian

Please help.

THANK YOU.

J

thx,

PuddyKat

Rough_Rock
.35ct
round brilliant cut
laser inscribed
Clarity SI1
Colour G
Polish and symmetry are very good.
platinum ring.
weigning 3.9 grams in total

Hi J,

I'm no expert and I'm relieved I don't need to go through this again since I just got my diamond. I'm in Vancouver, BC and I probably had the same questions you have regarding diamond quality and Canadian prices.....my only advice is that you should get more info regarding the diamond before committing. ie: cut proportions, lab certifications etc. With that, then you can be confident that you get what you paid for. Good luck!

L

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Can you quote that in USD?

PuddyKat

Rough_Rock
doh! math's my weakest subject!! I only know how to do it the other way! ...from USD to canadian $$
J, you gonna take this one?

L

B_Rock

Rough_Rock
Hi

For comparing prices across the border you need to multiply by the exchange rate

1.575 is what I use
1.10 for excise tax on diamonds

to get the diamond price.

Platinum settings I have seen quoted from 500 to 1200 CDN.

I would also check with wholesalers. Where are you in Canada ?

I have found that retail prices depend on their store location.

Hope that helps you decide. I haven't found anywhere in Toronto that deals with anything but Gem Scan on a regular basis. Which I have heard isn't recommended on these forums but I found I got funny looks at the stores when I asked for GIA certification. And these were fancy stores too.

B_Rock

In search of one ring...

trichrome

Shiny_Rock
I'm also canadian.
Canadian stones carry a very high premium.
I'm not sure it's worth all the money.
For that amount of money i've found much
better stones here.
but I agree, buying stones
in Canada is difficult.
For the tax i think it should
be included IN your canadian
price.

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
So how does a .31ct Canadian diamond being G color, VS2 clarity with a 000 AGS report set in platinum sound for $1,350.00 US dollars?

I really don't know, just trying to figure this out.

junior13

Rough_Rock
Hi again,

Thank you all for the quick replies. I am located in Ottawa. I did get the specs as well.

Steve, using the on-line exchange calculator, I believe that would be about 2,048.39 US Dollars. Plus the state taxes.

or 3,200.00 can + 15% tax = 3,680.00$ using the on-line conversion = 2,355.65 US Dollar

Rough weight: 1.00ct
Cut weight: 0.35ct
Clarity: SI1
Colour: G
Table Percent: 54%
crown weight: 16.4%
Angle: 35.6'
Girdle: Medium 1.7%
Pavillion: 42.9%
Angle: 40.8%
Total depth: 63.4

It comes with all the proper certificates and Appraisal. Hope this helps.

thx again,

J

canucknewbie

Rough_Rock
Hi J,

I too am relatively new at all this and have learned a great deal by logging in daily to this forum. I am located in Vancouver. Gem Scan seems to be predominant in most B & M. Athough there has been some exceptions but usually I will have to ask and the store can get access to them.

If you are in the Lower Mainland www.diamondfiles.com has a wide selection of AGS & GIA and has a storefront to boot. I have also spoken with Diacan.com who are based out of TO who have a wide selection online but these are Gem Scan. Both sites are in CDN currency.
Although I think I am going with another stone from a B & M I am still considering either one of these companies if the first falls through as both companies have great prices and service when calling in. You can can either one of these companies for comparison.

Hope this helps:))

Chris

junior13

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much.

I appreciate the help.

J

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results