shape
carat
color
clarity

POL: Former Obama official discloses Trump intel/surveillance

E B

Ideal_Rock
Oh EB come on. Sure she has the authority. If it was just another day at the office why would she lie to PBS just 10 days ago saying she knew nothing about Trump people being swept up in surveillance? She served on the National Security Council as the representative of President Obama to keep him informed of national security issues. Hopefully it will all come out soon.

I watched the PBS interview and I'm not sure why she would answer that way-- but we didn't get to see how the question was worded before she answered it, so that may have been part of it. Either way, her asking for any unmasking fell under her duties, no? If she was to understand the intercepts, she'd need to understand who was speaking about what.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I know the latest avenue of distraction seems to be to try to make Obama/Rice/admin's requests for this information somehow a way to 'take Trump down' in a partisan manner, but they were the acting President and NSA and remember-- this is BIGGER than Trump. His possible involvement is just one piece of a national security issue. Just because our current president rejects the idea because he's terrified of being seen as illegitimate doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I watched the PBS interview and I'm not sure why she would answer that way-- but we didn't get to see how the question was worded before she answered it, so that may have been part of it. Either way, her asking for any unmasking fell under her duties, no? If she was to understand the intercepts, she'd need to understand who was speaking about what.

What I hope gets answered by her in the hearings (she will be called for sure now) is what was the reason for unmasking. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. If there was no foreign policy necessity that can be proved then it was for political reasons. So that is using intelligence to monitor/spy on your political opponent.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know the latest avenue of distraction seems to be to try to make Obama/Rice/admin's requests for this information somehow a way to 'take Trump down' in a partisan manner, but they were the acting President and NSA and remember-- this is BIGGER than Trump. His possible involvement is just one piece of a national security issue. Just because our current president rejects the idea because he's terrified of being seen as illegitimate doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

There are agencies investigating this. She was not part of that investigation that has been ongoing into Russia for months. Besides she is not a beacon of truthfulness.

E B

Ideal_Rock
There are agencies investigating this. She was not part of that investigation that has been ongoing into Russia for months.

Where are you seeing this?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

E B

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, I think I misread. Are you speaking about a specific investigation into Russia? Otherwise, everything I'm reading says this request falls well under her umbrella. I think the idea that there was no legitimate nat sec need would be a huge leap given how tangled this web seems to be, but I wouldn't lose a second's worth of sleep over her testifying. The idea of it being solely politically motivated seems odd, too, as we're talking about unmasking, otherwise known as "who is this?"

E B

Ideal_Rock
From David Frum/Jennifer Rubin, both noted conservatives:

Screen Shot 2017-04-03 at 7.08.11 PM.png

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, I think I misread. Are you speaking about a specific investigation into Russia? Otherwise, everything I'm reading says this request falls well under her umbrella. I think the idea that there was no legitimate nat sec need would be a huge leap given how tangled this web seems to be, but I wouldn't lose a second's worth of sleep over her testifying. The idea of it being solely politically motivated seems odd, too, as we're talking about unmasking, otherwise known as "who is this?"

Russia meddling has been under investigation since before the election. Possible collusion has been under investigation for months. She was not part of that investigation as the NSA. She worked for Obama in the WH. I am not going to lose sleep over any of this but I will post things that are in opposition to the left's talking points that are regularly posted here.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Russia meddling has been under investigation since before the election. Possible collusion has been under investigation for months. She was not part of that investigation as the NSA. She worked for Obama in the WH. I am not going to lose sleep over any of this but I will post things that are in opposition to the left's talking points that are regularly posted here.

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2017/01/obama-expanding-nsa-powers/513041/

The timing of this always bothered me. Why did he wait until the end of his term to implement this?

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
All these stories about Russian contacts prove nothing so far. Time will tell.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results