shape
carat
color
clarity

Poison Ivy help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I think we have poison ivy on a couple of our trees. It''s still early here for the leaves so I''m not sure. The vines that are entwined in the trees look almost furry with tiny little hangers that are connected to the bark. The tiny buds are red (I know that poison ivy leaves are red in spring) Does that sound like poison ivy??? If so, how the heck can I get rid of it?

btw- DH and I spent several hours today pulling tons of it out. fingers crossed for no rashes!!!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
1-get it identified by someone who really knows....and can look at in person. what you''ve described could be a number of things. or carefully remove a piece, place in a plastic bag, and take to a nursery....very very very very carefully.

2-have a professional come and remove it. it will strangle the tree probably no matter what it is. if its not poison ivy, have a go at removing it yourself.

we live in poison oak territory. i''m horribley allergic to the stuff. good luck.

mz

ps you can also find pictures on line.....

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks MZ. I know what poison ivy looks like after it''s leaves come, but I can''t find pics of poison ivy vines or buds. We do have a farm bureau nearby, maybe I should pack some up and take it there. We''ve removed a ton of whatever it is. We''re kind of stuck not knowing
what to do with it, because if it IS poison ivy--you can''t burn it.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for the links. I finally found a pic that looks like what i''m seeing. Looks like it''s definitely Poison Ivy. It sucks, but at least I know now.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
I sure hope you had long sleeves, pants and gloves on! And, the oil gets onto the material so be really careful until it''s washed.

LS

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I hope you don't break out, not everyone does. If you do...

You can see your doctor and ask about a steroid burst. My sister needed that, nothing else worked. I wish my doctor had done that for me when I got poison oak.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results