shape
carat
color
clarity

PODS storage units

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Does anyone have any experience using PODS to move and/or store things? www.pods.com.

It sounds like a good idea but I don''t know much more than what I''ve read on their site.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
we looked into pods. but, we decided we wanted actual movers to help. i don''t *think* pods offer moving help. it''s just the pod itself. however, what''s great is that you can pack at your own pace, rather than just one day like with moving companies. this means you''re not living with boxes [stumbling over them]. as you pack, you''d place inside the pod. plus, i love that the pod is ground level. another downside, though is that i felt i wanted someone with experience to pack the truck/pod. what if we packed it incorrectly and things shuffled about?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zoe while researching for our move we found HORRIBLE stories about pods. Upcharges, customer service nightmares...it seems like the company might not be run well.

If you are just looking to move your stuff it seems that Broadway Express gets very good reviews overall...and looks to be fairly comparable in price.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for letting me know your thoughts on PODS, Jcrow! We feel the same way about wanting movers to help. I like the *idea* of something like PODS but we may just decide to either a) do it ourselves by packing a U-Haul or b) hiring the pros and letting them handle it. That option''s kind of pricey though, so we need to look into it more. Thanks Neatfreak, for the recommendation for Broadway Express. I''ll check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results