shape
carat
color
clarity

Pod Coffee Brewers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lilyinct

Shiny_Rock
Had the best coffee the other day at my friend''s home...turns out she has a Keurig single-cup brewing system...(one of those pod coffee makers).

Anyone have any advice which one to get? Keurig, Braun, Cuisinart, Senseo, Black and Decker....there are so many out there!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
My husband has a Senseo in his office and I was pretty impressed with the coffee it makes using the Senseo pods.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Lily,

I have had my Keurig k-cup brewer for about 2 years and LOVE IT! I think it''s the best kitchen appliance purchase I''ve ever made. I decided on the keurig because I always enjoyed Green Mountain coffee, liked the options of different flavors, strengths and also liked the option of the different k-cup brands available.
I also felt that k-cups would always be available, since keurig makes machinery for commercial use (a lot of banks and grocery stores have the industrial keurig brewers.) I wondered if some of the other brewers would have enough variety and if the pods would be easy to find. Someone told me that some of the pod brewers require "priming" or extensive cleaning, our keurig is maintenance-free. I buy our k-cups from coffeewhiz.com, the shipping is fast, prices are very reasonable, they carry a lot of k-cup brands. I think they also list on ebay and that you can get free shipping w/ a four box purchase. (I have no connection to them, just think they''re a great vendor.)

I was such a fan that I gave the same brewer to my parents for their anniversary (I ordered both directly from Green Mountain) and my sister loved ours so much she bought a smaller version at Bed Bath and Beyond. The one I got my parents made a strange noise when they first got it and a little over a year later it broke. The CS at Green Mountain was amazing- the brewer was out of warranty but when my Dad said it had been an anniversary gift they said "Mr V, we''ll mail out another today. When you get it would you please put the cup tray from the broken one in the prepaid envelope and just send the tray back? You can just dispose of the old brewer." He was on cloud nine and two days later he had a brand new keurig! Such great service
2.gif

Good luck, Lily and let us know what you decide on (I''m curious how the other brands compare.)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Like FFF, we''ve had our Keruig for over a year and would not give it up for all the other coffee brewing systems we''ve had in past. I do, however, find that we spent considerably more on coffee than if I used beans, but that is the trade off for us.

Good luck on wht you choose--and happy brewing!

cheers--Sharon

lilyinct

Shiny_Rock
Did a ton of research, and bought the Keurig Elite...and I love it! Quick, virtually no clean-up, and great tasting coffee. Thanks for all the advice!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have a Krups Nesspresso
nestle'' make great coffee pods - not cheap, but you spend a long time dead.

Most evenings i have a cuppocinno with Decaffinato Intenso.
And day time I have 3 different varieties.
you order the coffee over the phone with a great simple remebr you preferences and card # service (in India I guess) and it comes very promptly.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
I have a Senseo. And when I first got it I just loved it. The coffee tasted full bodied and very flavorful. I liked the dark roast the best.

I have noticed that over time, I don''t know if it''s that my taste buds are getting used to the taste or what, but the coffee doesn''t seem strong enough or as full bodied. I find myself craving Starbucks double caps again. The Senseo just doesn''t give me that "pow" taste anymore.

The Keurig looks like a great machine. I wonder how much more expensive the cups are vs the Senseo pods? I''ll have to check that out. When I first purchased the Senseo machine it was $70 but now I''ve seen it as low as $49.99 on sale.

I am thinking of changing, maybe even getting an expresso machine. But that will take some time to figure out what I want and how much I want to pay.

I''m generally happy with the Senseo, it''s better than any brewed "pot" of coffee that''s for sure! Fresh cup/mug everytime!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results