shape
carat
color
clarity

Please vote for this couple

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know of them from my membership on theknot.com. A local girl posted this on our board, the St. Louis board because she works in the local office of a company headquartered there.

Friends,

A colleague of my wife's, Veenu Teneja, recently endured a horrific tragedy. This past August, on the day before his wedding, Veenu's mother went to her local store in Flushing, Queens to pick up milk for the wedding guests staying with her, and was brutally mugged and murdered.

Veenu and his fiance, Manisha, went from last minute wedding details to planning a funeral for his Mom. Although their story was all of the local NYC media, their vendors were not exactly compassionate so they
lost all of their deposits and payments on their wedding and went on to have a small civil ceremony about a month later.

They do not know it, but Veenu and Manisha have been entered into a content that Z100 (a local radio station) is having to win a Wedding. They are one of 5 finalists. The winners are chosen by popular vote.

I know everyone is extremely busy, but this only takes about 20 seconds:
Please go to http://www.z100.com/elvis_zoo/wedding/zoowedding2.html and click on #3 (Manisha and Veenu). And, forward this to your friends.

Today is the only day to vote.

reena

Ideal_Rock
ame, the link didn''t work for me but i went to the station''s home page and linked from there. what a sad story. i hope they win. :)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
thankyou!!!!!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Ame -- it looks as if the voting is closed (Unless I missed something -- sometimes it just stares mein the face, and I don''t see it.) I''m sorry to hear about their tragedy, and hope they win.

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, come on, they''ve GOT to win! I read those other stories and with the exception of the one who needed a kidney transplant and the one who lost all their belongings in a house fire, none even come CLOSE to comparing.....

...I really think the fact that the tragedy happened on the wedding eve makes them even more deserving.

I truly hope they get the wedding of their dreams.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I emailed the guy that does that show to ask him when the results will be posted.
I really hope they win!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
The website said that the results will be announced on the air on Z100 between 7 and 8 a.m. on Monday. I''m sure they will also post the winner on the website. For anyone interested, the station is 100.3 in the NY metro area.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh cool thnk you! Someone please listen and let me know

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think I wake up or do anything in the morning WITHOUT that station on... I laugh so hard, I actually WANT to sit up in bed and get up... I''ll let you know Ame!

I too tried to vote, but couldn''t. I hope they win, it''s such a sad story to hear of people who don''t get that dream wedding, and do so under circumstances of such tragedy!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am told the couple won!

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
How wonderful! I hate that I didn''t get the chance to vote but I''m so glad that they won
1.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me too! That rocks!

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
yippee ame!!! that is awesome that they won
36.gif
keep us updated
1.gif

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
editted...my first double post
15.gif
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results