shape
carat
color
clarity

Please show me your I coloured diamond

theladyfifi

Rough_Rock
I have my eye on a cushion cut diamond I colour and want to get a good idea of the colour. Looking forward to seeing your stones.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2.002. Ct
BGB I VS2

_2632.jpeg

theladyfifi

Rough_Rock
Thank you Mayk, your ring is beautiful.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
theladyfifi|1459098336|4011724 said:
Thank you Mayk, your ring is beautiful.

Thank you!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
0.59ct I VS1 AVR

img_11225.jpg

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
3.33 ct GIA I with Faint Fluorescence

bored_in_the_pharmacy.jpg

theladyfifi

Rough_Rock
Some lovely examples of I stones so far. I don't know if it's me, but I cannot detect any colour in any of these stones. Keep the picture coming.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
theladyfifi|1459103550|4011756 said:
Some lovely examples of I stones so far. I don't know if it's me, but I cannot detect any colour in any of these stones. Keep the picture coming.

Fifi, another thing to consider is that different cuts show color differently. For example, marquises and ovals will show more tint than a modern round. Antique faceted stones and "modern antiques", such as AVR/AVC, etc will show less color than moderns. Modern cushions tend to show a little more tint than rounds.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
theladyfifi|1459091114|4011681 said:
I have my eye on a cushion cut diamond I colour and want to get a good idea of the colour. Looking forward to seeing your stones.

Are you looking for a modern cushion (faceted or crushed ice?) or an antique cut?

theladyfifi

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your help so far msop04. The ring I am interested in is an antique. I don't know a great deal about cushion cuts but I fell in love with it the moment I saw it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love looking at diamond pictures, but unfortunately, you cannot tell a thing about color in pictures. You would have to order the stone and look at it in your normal lighting environment to know how you feel about the color. However, I color is a wonderful color for an antique cushion, in my opinion.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006 said:
I love looking at diamond pictures, but unfortunately, you cannot tell a thing about color in pictures. You would have to order the stone and look at it in your normal lighting environment to know how you feel about the color. However, I color is a wonderful color for an antique cushion, in my opinion.

This exactly! [emoji1303]

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree that you can't tell about color online but it may relieve her fears about getting a I color stone seeing pictures. So here is mine.
2.57 I VS2 from Brian Gavin Signature line. My eternity if E-F-G stones. At first I could see the difference but now I don't notice at all!

img_11236.jpg

DaniJ

Rough_Rock
I agree that you really can't tell color from photos but it did make me feel so much better when I was looking to see what other I colored diamonds looked like! I have only had my ring for a few weeks and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at how different my ring looks in different lighting conditions! Lighting can really alter it's appearance/color and I love seeing it's different personalities!

My ring is a round brilliant and I know that the same rules don't apply for cushions but one thing I will say from my limited experience is I think you should go and look at stones in different colors and see how color sensitive you are. I realized I am not so sensitive and in a "blind test" I gravitated towards the G-H-I colored stones even when comparing to E-F's. (all the stones I looked at in this little test were GIA triple excellent round brilliant in the ideal range of angles etc.) The E to F seemed slightly cooler but my eyes were really drawn to the G-H-I stones. I think you should go and check some out or order the I you are interested in if you can easily return it and test it out in different lighting conditions.

here is my I in office lighting at work!
Screen%20Shot%202016-03-29%20at%2012.25.15%20AM.png

yasssss

Shiny_Rock
2.09 I VS2
20150224_115551.jpg

20150320_164225-1.jpg

my wedding band stones are G-H

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I found some photos of my previous I colored stone that might be helpful to you. The first few are of the I colored stone next to a colorless "not diamond" in different lighting conditions. The last one is the stone next to a F-G colored eternity band. Keep in mind though, depending on the type of cushion, it may show more or less color.

cimg2859-small.jpg

cimg2862-small.jpg

cimg2865-small.jpg

cimg2852-small.jpg

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Color in photos is very deceptive, because you don't know what the surrounding environment is like. I will tell you I took this in the setting sunlight in my living room, with windows that face west, and my walls are ivory. The stone looks huge in this photo, but it's a half carat square radiant, 4.7mm, smaller than the eraser on a pencil. It is an AGS graded I VS2 from Whiteflash.

I wouldn't worry too much about color being very visible in an I color stone. You may be able to detect some body color from the side of the stone, depending on the size and the setting. But diamonds of all colors will pick up environmental colors and it has little to do with the quality of the diamond.

rubybeth_radiant.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results