shape
carat
color
clarity

Please show me your backsplash...

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't remember if I posted after pics. Still don't have toe kick, or the door on lazy Susan (long story) but rest is done. I also still need to refinish flooras well. It's nice having a lot of counterspace, but my favorite thing is the new dishwasher :). I haven't done a detailed breakdown, but was around 4 grand for new kitchen. IMG_20181004_210841263.jpg IMG_20181004_211018558.jpg IMG_20181004_211034448.jpg

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Going left to right, the various base cabinets are, skinny one for sheets, cooling racks and muffin pans. metal lazy Susan for pots and pans. Wide drawers,top for kitchen implements and cutting boards, middle for Tupperware, bottom for napkins, paper plates and dishtowels. Cutlery drawer with drawers for baking pans and casserole dishes. Drawer for Saran wrap, alum foil, etc, bottom cabinet for bowls and colanders. Sink cabinet. Dishwasher. and then utilitarian drawer with pullout cabinet for trash and recylables.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not a fan of subway tiles but Confection's tiles I love as they are beveled.

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Reviving this sleeping thread because our remodeler just posted a video about our kitchen, and it reminded me I never posted after photos! Here is a screen grab, and a comparison to 'before'.

kitchenscreengrabs.jpg

IMG_5485.jpg

Their stager styled the room for the video, in reality we keep it less cluttered and more sleek (though I do have a bevy of plants) ;-) Another note: I had previously asked for opinions on how to finish the steel door leading to the garage. I ended up painting it with chalkboard paint! It is wiped clean in the video but normally has a big monthly family calendar chalked on it, along with random writing attempts/doodle art by our kid.

And one more showing the backsplash, to bring it back to the OP.

backsplashscreengrab.jpg

Best wishes to everyone who is in the process of renovations!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I prefer just the plain wall like what's in the rest of the kitchen, no backsplash. However, this thread is very pretty so I should stop looking before I do start wanting a backsplash!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reviving this sleeping thread because our remodeler just posted a video about our kitchen, and it reminded me I never posted after photos! Here is a screen grab, and a comparison to 'before'.

kitchenscreengrabs.jpg

IMG_5485.jpg

Their stager styled the room for the video, in reality we keep it less cluttered and more sleek (though I do have a bevy of plants) ;-) Another note: I had previously asked for opinions on how to finish the steel door leading to the garage. I ended up painting it with chalkboard paint! It is wiped clean in the video but normally has a big monthly family calendar chalked on it, along with random writing attempts/doodle art by our kid.

backsplashscreengrab.jpg

Ahhh it came out AMAZING!!! I'm so happy you came back with the after pics! You made great use of the space, love the cabinets that go up to the ceiling, love the two tone and the chalkboard paint is a BRILLIANT idea (especially when you have kids!)!!!! :love::love::love::appl::appl::appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kitchenscreengrabs.jpg

IMG_5485.jpg

backsplashscreengrab.jpg

Looks great @elizabethess :love:

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
@elizabethess you kitchen game out beautiful. I love the backsplash, the cabinets and how you created the attached island (and oriented the butchers block island in the middle). Genius!

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Saw this thread pop back up and I’m putting in a backsplash right now as a little covid project.

I absolutely despise the kitchen in this house so hopefully this will help me warm up to it. M

They’re a beveled marble subway tile. We switched the counters to a white patterned granite (I know dated but these cabinets are dated) and plan to install a black floating range hood with open shelves.

This wall used to have a hideous stove surround that looked almost like a fireplace mantle. It was gigantic, dark, and covered in this ornate moulding. I’m excited to brighten up the space.

C9E5753E-D51E-443D-B5C8-EA000C794F71.jpeg

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Saw this thread pop back up and I’m putting in a backsplash right now as a little covid project.

I absolutely despise the kitchen in this house so hopefully this will help me warm up to it.

C9E5753E-D51E-443D-B5C8-EA000C794F71.jpeg

Wow, I am impressed! Looking good. :love:

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I am impressed! Looking good. :love:

Thank you! I expect it to take me all week, but I love these tiles so it’s worth it.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Interesting you call a splash back a back splash like how you call a 4 by 2 a 2 by 4 (when really its a 100 by 50 :mrgreen2: )

I hate my splash back
i hate my kitchen
i hate red and i hate grey
it looked newish in the real estate photo (see below) but its old and tired, probability the first of the cheap flat pack kitchens sold here,
so even if the splash back is newish i still hate it soooooooo much
any other colour would have been fine (well not pink ) but orange would have been cool
H0704-hires.4254-2017082833Hinemoa14.jpg
The oven, the hob and the dishwasher all had to be replaced in the first few months
That tall corner cupboard beside the oven is useless as it held the hot water cylinder (now absolute with the new infinity) and now the fridge sits in front of it because there is nowhere else for it to go
the floor is bere timber - as in no polish ...despite the rest of the house having polished floor boards

apart from this i have a double door pantry cupboard and a two shelf under bench cupboard under the microwave, that is redicouolsly too deep, where we keep the plates, cups and glasses etc

the splash back is the least of our worries
I have some zinzar BIN primmer, i could just paint over the ugly red

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
AA53C07B-F857-4714-A223-CE2623D45696.jpeg

Mine is our favourite beach on Oahu.

Oh that's so pretty
I love the full length

i must confess our kitchen makes me so mad and the ugly as sin splash back makes me too grumpy to open this thread :lol:

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
Your new kitchen looks awesome, Missy!!
I wanted a seamless look so we have the same backsplash as our counters..

IMG_20210216_1948266_3.jpg

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not a fan of our backsplash and eventually I would like to change it but here is a photo of it. It’s a mosaic tile with white and gray. If I change it I would pick larger subway tile but I would still do similar colors. 6D57736C-646B-46B1-B378-8AC1AD3D58BA.png

paragon1234

Shiny_Rock
Mine is not subtle at all. It's glass with a printed image. This is when my house was being built and it wasn't affixed to the wall. After the counter was put in there is no gap between the glass and the extractor.
IMG_20180125_095822__01__01.jpg

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine is not subtle at all. It's glass with a printed image. This is when my house was being built and it wasn't affixed to the wall. After the counter was put in there is no gap between the glass and the extractor.

That is beautiful!

Tayberry

Shiny_Rock
20210114_140622.jpg
I was photographing my planter above the fridge but you get the idea

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock

I love this! So different

Tremsi

Rough_Rock
I just came across my kitchen remodel pictures and thought I’d post my backsplash. It’s mother-of-pearl and sparkly but maybe don’t look so close because I did the install. 8B051689-1D7E-4A24-9AF7-52B4E0069D3F.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results