shape
carat
color
clarity

Please share your photos of nature, wildlife, etc.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
natyLad|1455640455|3991617 said:
December-fire, I love your photos...
Missy, look...I have a similar photo from last summer too!!

NatyLad, Wow! That's stunning! :shock: :love:

Thanks for sharing. And I'm glad you enjoy my photos. Thank you. :))

Missy, I love those views from your security camera! That camera has the best job ever! If it ever needs to go on vacation (or in for repairs), please call me! I'd be happen to step in and keep on eye on things. :D

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandinavian|1455645080|3991642 said:
december-fire|1455404895|3990672 said:
Took these a couple of days ago when it was about -27 Celsius (about -17 Fahrenheit).
These are spectacular! Its cold here too! I don't mind too much either normally - I have a large collection of wool and thermal underwear, hahaha.. Best wishes to you and please please keep taking such amazing pictures and sharing them with us :)

Scandinavian,

Thank you so much! I almost didn't share those. I'm so glad you liked them.

Thank you for the info on the Panda Bears! That would have been so amazing to pet them! :love:

Yes, appropriate clothing is important. I've had a few issues with frozen fingertips this past week. I'm thinking of investing in some mitt/gloves I found that are designed for photographers; mitt top flips over to reveal gloves, with index finger exposed.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The past week it has been too cold for snow. Now the temperature has warmed up but its snowing non-stop!

I'm afraid to venture out with my camera. The heavy snow might damage my naked camera and lens! ;(

I need to get some camera apparel to dress up my camera during rainy and snowy days. Hmmm, wonder if there's anything stylish with a bit of bling or fake fur. Did someone say 'niche market' and 'business opportunity'! Afterall, people dress up their cell phones with blingy covers. :lol:

So I'm trapped inside. :nono:

These were taken from my family room and are photos of my Hoopsi tree in the backyard. She's a beautiful blue-gray colour; the new growth in Spring is a gorgeous shade and very soft to the touch.

Hoopsi trees look similar to Blue Spruce but their trunk can split off into two. Well, at least that's what my Hoopsi tree does; my neighbour says she (my tree) looks like a ballerina. :D

img_10787.jpg

img_10788.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, Naty, that is a gorgeous photo!

natyLad said:
December-fire, I love your photos...
Missy, look...I have a similar photo from last summer too!!

fb_img_0.jpg

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

_36453.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Karl K,

Very serene. Thank you for sharing. :wavey:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Black-capped chickadee

img_10800.jpg

img_10801.jpg

img_10802.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dining at home

img_10803.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Black-capped Chickadee and Red-Breasted Nuthatch
Sometimes dinner is provided, sometimes you have to fend for yourself.

img_10804.jpg

img_10805.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Downy Woodpecker
The photo is right-side up; the birdfeeder bottom is wire and the birds hang from it.

img_10807.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, amazing pictures from everyone. I love this thread! December-fire, how do you get such great shots of wildlife without scaring them away?! We have lots of cardinals here and I always try to get pics of them sitting in the snow-covered trees, but they fly away as soon as I *stealthily* open the patio door. Hrrmmph.

Here are a couple photos of my narcissus/paperwhites I planted a few weeks ago. They bloomed early, before the stems grew very tall, and they don't have any fragrance, which is out of character for paperwhites. I won the bulbs in a Twitter giveaway last November!

paperwhites10.jpg

paperwhites11.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm looking forward to getting better photos of Cardinals; such a wonderful splash of bright colour!
I'd love to get a shot of a beautiful red Cardinal and a Blue Jay in the same photo. Hmmm, see what I can do.

Meanwhile, here's a male Cardinal (bright red), female Cardinal (olive-green) and some unidentified bird who decided to photobomb the shot! :D

img_10808.jpg

img_10809.jpg

img_10810.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64 said:
Wow, amazing pictures from everyone. I love this thread! December-fire, how do you get such great shots of wildlife without scaring them away?! We have lots of cardinals here and I always try to get pics of them sitting in the snow-covered trees, but they fly away as soon as I *stealthily* open the patio door. Hrrmmph.

Here are a couple photos of my narcissus/paperwhites I planted a few weeks ago. They bloomed early, before the stems grew very tall, and they don't have any fragrance, which is out of character for paperwhites. I won the bulbs in a Twitter giveaway last November!

Monarch64,

Too funny! You were writing about Cardinals while I was in the process of posting a few Cardinal photos!

Those flowers are so pretty! They remind me that Spring isn't too far off. I love Winter, but I'm ready to welcome Spring.

I also love this thread! Such beautiful photos, and its like travelling to various places without the jetlag!

I'm so glad you're enjoying my photos! Fortunately, the animals seem to know that I'm not a threat and are getting use to me. It helps that I've started to bring them food. And my zoom lens helps too! ;-)

The other day I had a handful of bird seed and before I could scatter it, a chickadee landed on my hand and helped himself to some seed. Earlier, a chickadee landed on my shoulder while I was taking a photo. The day I took the Cardinal photos was the first time I saw Cardinals in that area. The Cardinals seemed more wary of me, but I'm hoping they'll get to know me.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Five-span stone bridge, only one in North America, built in 1901. Pakenham, Ontario, Canada.

img_10811.jpg

img_10812.jpg

img_10813.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another shot of the Pakenham Five-Arched Stone Bridge.

img_10814.jpg

img_10815.jpg

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

redflower.jpg

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

kewltree.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Karl K,

What a beautiful flower! The petals look like soft, glowing velvet! :appl:

Love the pop of purple (stamen?) against the orange-red petals!

Thanks for sharing!

Just saw the negative (reverse?) photo you posted. Wonderful! What a beautiful tree!

This thread has me staying up too late! :lol:

Good night, everyone! :wavey:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
kewl thing about digital something like this would take hours in the darkroom, takes 1min digital.

_36462.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eastern Wild Turkey

Yesterday, I had two of these lads follow me like a couple of dogs.
Obviously, they considered themselves quite handsome and worthy of multiple photographs; I'll only subject you to a few.
I thought of naming one of them 'Kanye of the North'. :D

img_10818.jpg

img_10819.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its all a matter of confidence and carrying yourself with dignity.

And bowties. Wear a flashy, little red bowtie. it will take attention away from a small head. :D

img_10820.jpg

img_10821.jpg

img_10822.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Black-capped Chickadees.

Because wild turkeys might not appeal to everyone. :))

img_10823.jpg

img_10824.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A couple more of Black-capped Chickadees.

img_10825.jpg

img_10826.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trees and moon

img_10831.jpg

img_10832.jpg

img_10833.jpg

img_10834.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I love birds and bird watching!! Thanks December Fire for your awesome photos.

And FWIW, those turkeys are sublime! :))

cheers--Sharon

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1455905680|3992969 said:
HI:

I love birds and bird watching!! Thanks December Fire for your awesome photos.

And FWIW, those turkeys are sublime! :))

cheers--Sharon

Thanks, Sharon!

I've been trying to correctly identify the birds in the photos I've posted, but I'm not a bird expert.

I'd appreciate it if you or anyone else would correct me if I misidentify a bird.

I think the one shown below is a Canadian Flamingo. Not sure. Has the right stance. ;-)

:wavey:

img_10835.jpg

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
december-fire|1455770573|3992449 said:
Five-span stone bridge, only one in North America, built in 1901. Pakenham, Ontario, Canada.

I love these pictures. Fantastic.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
what is it?

hmmmmm.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamond_Hawk|1455939896|3993184 said:
december-fire|1455770573|3992449 said:

I love these pictures. Fantastic.

Thank you!

Its a beautiful bridge in a lovely location.
I've been there a number of times in the summer, but that was my first visit to the bridge in the winter.
I want to go back for more photos. I don't feel I did it justice.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Karl_K|1455941076|3993190 said:
what is it?

I love a challenge!

I think its a photo of long grass (hay?).

It appears as though some 'blades' (?) are wider at the top; like the silhouette of a narrower cattail, but not cattails.

And I get the impression of a less dense 'path' from roughly the top left angling towards the bottom right.

So there's my guess!

Long grass!

I await your response to tell me I'm totally wrong! :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results