shape
carat
color
clarity

Please share your photos of nature, wildlife, etc.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We were having dinner outside and this guy strolled up.
IMG-20190726-WA0007.jpg IMG-20190726-WA0006.jpg
@cflutist
I love those Antarctica photos. I tried to get my husband to do a cruise there but he did agree to Alaska next month. I'm still going to work on him!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We were having dinner outside and this guy strolled up.
IMG-20190726-WA0007.jpg IMG-20190726-WA0006.jpg
@cflutist
I love those Antarctica photos. I tried to get my husband to do a cruise there but he did agree to Alaska next month. I'm still going to work on him!

Wow, that is one monster sized black bear. Much larger than the ones who came through camp in Sequoia National Park in CA.

Enjoy your cruise!
Yes, Antarctica is spectacular.
We have cruised in Alaska 8 times now and wanted to see Antarctica.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is one monster sized black bear. Much larger than the ones who came through camp in Sequoia National Park in CA.

Enjoy your cruise!
Yes, Antarctica is spectacular.
We have cruised in Alaska 8 times now and wanted to see Antarctica.

This will be our 2nd Alaska cruise, the first we did with the kids. This time we're going to take the land tour of Denali first. Have you ever been on Seabourne cruises? We're trying them out.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We just returned from 2 wks hiking in Canada, mostly in Jasper National Park. My favorite pictures are always of the wildlife we encounter. I stumbled upon a grizzly bear on our first hike who growled at us and banged two small trees together to warn us off his berry bush. We did as we were taught and slowly backed away from him. I didn't poop my pants for which I'm eternally grateful. And I was relieved we didn't have to use the bear spray. It's amazing how such a large creature can be invisible and silent when it wants to be. My favorite encounter were the coyotes as I have a special fondness for the Trickster. We also
saw a lot of black bear, mountain goats, and big horn sheep.
Coyote.jpg Elk.jpg black bear.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few landscape photos from our hikes. The Angel Glacier looks like a one-winged bird to me. I think it was probably more angelic looking before it started eroding. Finding a rock with sea creature fossils at the top of a mountain that used to be a seabed is always a favorite of mine.
Angel Glacier.jpg Fossils.jpg landscape.jpg landscape 2.jpg landscape 3.jpg

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey! Where are the Griz photos? Or were your hands shaking too much for a clear picture?

I know mine would have been...

Wink

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey! Where are the Griz photos? Or were your hands shaking too much for a clear picture?
My arms were up in the air trying make myself look big as I slowly backed away saying "good bear, nice bear, we're leaving, stay where you are...." It was too angry and waaaaaaay too close to attempt a picture. I'm terrible at capturing close call moments. A couple years ago I came face to face with a cougar and was so excited I forgot to take my camera out of my pocket and took 5 shots of pocket fuzz :roll2:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today our son went to mow the lawn and this guy was on the lawnmower, literally in the little groove under the primer button. I picked him up with a shovel because we weren't sure whether he was alive or not. Well he was alive and I carried the shovel down to my neighbor's house because they rescue pretty much anything.

She picked him up with her bare hands :shock: and he is missing a foot so he can't be released so she will keep him as a pet. He is a cute little guy but no way would I be picking him up with my bare hands!

IMG_6367.JPG IMG_6371.JPG

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
WOW! I love the framing on the face and the narrow depth of field on everything else. It really draws the attention to the beautiful cat. Nice shot!

Wink

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Today our son went to mow the lawn and this guy was on the lawnmower, literally in the little groove under the primer button. I picked him up with a shovel because we weren't sure whether he was alive or not. Well he was alive and I carried the shovel down to my neighbor's house because they rescue pretty much anything.

She picked him up with her bare hands :shock: and he is missing a foot so he can't be released so she will keep him as a pet. He is a cute little guy but no way would I be picking him up with my bare hands!

IMG_6367.JPG IMG_6371.JPG

I have a wonderful neighbor like yours @StephanieLynn! My neighbor loves kids and animals and one time she had pet rats - like eight, if I remember correctly. Once when we visited, my kids were really young we got to see them in her special pet guest room! I love ladies who are able to take care of all kinds of animals! And of course my neighbors pets each of her pet rats lovingly and she said they are wonderful and cuddly! Anyway, she is always willing to help and if you need an extra cage - she has one! Last time I asked if she had an extra cage for a rabbit (was for my mini holland lop) and yep she had one! She’s an awesome person!❤️

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2784ED36-009A-4B14-8106-F39264FE325E.jpeg

Giant Eastern Crane Fly hanging around our cabin in Grand Marais, Minnesota.

Apparently it’s a species of the hairy eyed (:shock:) crane fly.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
2784ED36-009A-4B14-8106-F39264FE325E.jpeg

Giant Eastern Crane Fly hanging around our cabin in Grand Marais, Minnesota.

Apparently it’s a species of the hairy eyed (:shock:) crane fly.
No...no...no...That would scare me to a puddle!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crane flies are kind of neat to watch because they aren't not very coordinated so they kind of bob as they fly around. They are big and scary looking but harmless.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mochiko42 that is a breathtaking sunrise.:love:

I love how different every sunrise looks. I will never tire of the beauty of a sunrise and sunset.

sunriseinjune2019.jpg

seagirtsunrise.jpg

sunriseatbeach.jpg.png

sunriseatbeach.jpeg

sunriseinmay.png

sunrisebackyardmay2019.png

And of course sunsets are equally as beautiful though I admit I prefer sunrise as it is a new day beginning full of potential.

Here's a cool pantascopic photo I took with my phone
sunsetpantascopicjune2019.png

sunsetinjunebackyard.png

sunsetfebruary2019.jpg.png

sunsetoversharkriver.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel like emulating Mr. Rogers.....it's a beautiful day.....

gorgeous day 2.png

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

A snake, deer, coyotes, birds galore, rabbits...great sightings today on our ride! Not quick enough to take a picture of the snake!

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another gorgeous Sunrise this September morning.

sunriseseagirt.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blue Heron.

Screen Shot 2019-09-15 at 4.56.12 AM.png

Puffy clouds

Screen Shot 2019-09-15 at 5.02.31 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-15 at 5.03.54 AM.png

Birds soaring

birdssoaring.jpg

Enjoying the sandbar

birdsenjoyingthesandbar.jpg

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sunrise from the swamp

Hunting with Bill-1.jpg

I thought maybe some of you would enjoy this as much as I did. We set up in the dark and here is what we saw as the sun was rising.

Wink

Wow

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
goldenhour2.jpg
Taken behind my house. I used my manual camera for this with a way too big lense. Also my exposure was way off but its moody, I like it. I tried mostly for pictures of the herons and spoonbills that hang out here but not enough light. I figure I'll try again around thanksgiving when I have some real time for it.

Some additional ones from the beach( taken with camera phone) these are a bit washed out, does not portray how vivid the skies and water really was.

20191123_101303[1].jpg
20191123_101155[1].jpg

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
goldenhour2.jpg
Taken behind my house. I used my manual camera for this with a way too big lense. Also my exposure was way off but its moody, I like it. I tried mostly for pictures of the herons and spoonbills that hang out here but not enough light. I figure I'll try again around thanksgiving when I have some real time for it.

Some additional ones from the beach( taken with camera phone) these are a bit washed out, does not portray how vivid the skies and water really was.

20191123_101303[1].jpg
20191123_101155[1].jpg

Both wonderful. New England is grey and dreary, so it's nice to see something beautiful.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both wonderful. New England is grey and dreary, so it's nice to see something beautiful.
There's a lot I miss about being in New England; Leaves changing, and sometimes the cold (strangely enough) But I don't miss the snow, y'all can keep that...lol

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here is another shot from the same location as the sunrise. Facing away from the sun now and with a LOT more ambient light.

I love that the morning sun is on the trees and grasses on the far side of the pond, and I am still in the shadow of the hillside where I am sitting.

Hunting with Bill-2.jpg

One thing for sure. Every year the swamp is different from the year before. Sometimes the changes are minor and sometimes they are huge.

Wink

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sunrise
sunriseseagirt.jpg

As we cycle down the shore. It's a beautiful month to be by the sea.
Screen Shot 2019-11-28 at 6.22.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-28 at 6.23.02 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-28 at 6.25.40 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results