Please share your most joyous/happy memory

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
C13E1961-63B1-46EB-A978-8694D8AA305B.gif

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I found the love of my life, the fireworks that I was missing.

It meant breaking up two marriages, however, to this date, I truly believe it was meant to be.

Sadly, he died due to a freak accident after we had 4 years together.

Such as life.

DK :rolleyes:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't choose a son so I have to say when my son's were born.

When I was a kid? When I got True Detective for Xmas, I wanted that game so bad it hurt! :)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
mine ?
faithfully and honestly
my first Bruce Springsteen concert
being at Magnetic hill in Moncton NB and as Bruce and the ESB sang Born to run and the crowd sung along and so did i at the top of my lungs and my ears hurt
but it was the best kind of pain

because that song is such a communal wounderouse thing and finally i got to be part of it

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Looking at my newborn son and having him look back at me with his confused, wrinkled little face. Too precious for words.

He now has hairy legs and eats me out of house and home but I'll never forget that moment.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The day I married my husband. So far it has turned out to be a good call.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finding out I was pregnant the second time around, the first time I was way too stressed about whether we could afford for me to stay home, that unfortunately stole away some of the joy.

By the second pregnancy, our older son was in school, I was confident we could afford for me to be home and it was also an easier pregnancy since I wasn't as sick.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first time I went to the Whitsunday Islands. I was standing in our holiday cabin and I heard my husband outside, calling my name. The holiday park was renowned for its parrots and they had a huge feeding time twice a day when the birds would fly in by the hundreds and take seed from the metal plates people would hold up to them.

I was making us a salad for dinner when I heard my husband calling me. I went to the door and saw DH, metal plates in hand, filled with parrots, with more birds up his arms and even a couple on his head. That mental image represents the person I love most in the world at my favorite place in the world, on one of the happiest days of my life. The memory is so real to me, when I close my eyes I can still smell the pineapple and beetroot juice on my hands from the salad I'd been putting out for us to eat. His smile, in that moment, was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm recently? Skiing with my family - such pure utter bliss on fresh powder, so peaceful, swishing down the slopes in the crisp, clean alpine air.

Many many others, especially from childhood - too many to mention!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
one from a long time ago
once i went to work my dad started taking me to the rugby with him
we had been going to the cricket together since i started high school but the rugby was something he went to with a life long friend of his but i must have got old enough to tag along even going to the pup for a prematch drink on ocassion

anyway this particular day Otago won the championship for the first time
i can still smell the turf in my minds eye (nose)

that was before my dad got sick and before i had to work saturday afternoons and sundays

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The most joyous day to date (and as Austina wrote I hope more joyous memories are yet to come) is definitely the day I married the love of my life, my soulmate, my best friend.

It was a long road to get there as I didn't think I ever wanted to get married. But that day was complete bliss. The wedding coordinator at the reception hall said he had never seen such a calm and peaceful bride. And if you know me I am generally not a calm person lol but that day I was because I was completely sure I was making the best decision of my life. After a roller coaster of emotions in the years preceding that day thinking no I never wanted to get married. I was quite sure. I was quite wrong. So yes best single day so far. But with each day I truly love my dh even more. I do not know how that is possible but it is. Through it all he has been and is my rock and inspiration and he makes me want to be a better person every single day. I love him so much I cannot even believe it is possible to love someone this much. But yes I do.

Screen Shot 2019-10-23 at 6.08.08 AM.png

As others have written there have been many joyous days in between. So many I cannot count. And for that I feel so fortunate and am so grateful. Connections are an important part of life and I have many strong loving connections and for that I am super appreciative. But none beat the connection I share with my DH. The most wonderful man (along with my dad) I know.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
The most joyous day to date (and as Austina wrote I hope more joyous memories are yet to come) is definitely the day I married the love of my life, my soulmate, my best friend.

It was a long road to get there as I didn't think I ever wanted to get married. But that day was complete bliss. The wedding coordinator at the reception hall said he had never seen such a calm and peaceful bride. And if you know me I am generally not a calm person lol but that day I was because I was completely sure I was making the best decision of my life. After a roller coaster of emotions in the years preceding that day thinking no I never wanted to get married. I was quite sure. I was quite wrong. So yes best single day so far. But with each day I truly love my dh even more. I do not know how that is possible but it is. Through it all he has been and is my rock and inspiration and he makes me want to be a better person every single day. I love him so much I cannot even believe it is possible to love someone this much. But yes I do.

Screen Shot 2019-10-23 at 6.08.08 AM.png

As others have written there have been many joyous days in between. So many I cannot count. And for that I feel so fortunate and am so grateful. Connections are an important part of life and I have many strong loving connections and for that I am super appreciative. But none beat the connection I share with my DH. The most wonderful man (along with my dad) I know.

That is absolutely beautiful Missy. I hope I feel that calmness on my wedding day too. Cheers to you and Greg for lifelong and blooming love!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is absolutely beautiful Missy. I hope I feel that calmness on my wedding day too. Cheers to you and Greg for lifelong and blooming love!

Thank you @bling_dream19. Having met you irl I can say I have a good feeling about you two. You’re a good couple. I feel it in my heart. Looking forward to you marrying the love of your life.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Definitely when Finn was born, however I do have a couple moments that I remember;

- getting married, it was a very happy day and all our guests commented it was the most fun wedding they had been to (must have been my pirate suit)
- catching my first Marlin when I was young, most people go with a pro to learn but we never did when dad taught me and I learned the hard way since his knowledge was minimal and mine exceeded his on Marlin fishing when I was about 12 years old. It took a bunch of trips but eventually I cracked my first fish. I remember the absolute feeling of elation to get the first one after so much studying, hours spent trolling the ocean and missed shots at fish.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results