shape
carat
color
clarity

Please share your Le Creuset Recipes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
I just got my first Le Creuset 2.75 qt soup pot and it is EVERY BIT AS GOOD AS SAID.

I love how easily it heats up, distributes the heat, and keeps the food warm even after the power is off. Now I just need some good recipes to make nice hearty "one pot" meal.

I am interested in not just soup, but anything that can be eaten with rice or potatoes as a main meal. Please share your recipes with me! Thanks!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gosh, let''s see. I''ll list the stuff I''ve made in it and you can tell me what you want the recipe for...

risotto of many varieties
roast chicken
beef stew
chili
stuffed peppers
baked mac and cheese
pot roast
chicken soup

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
ditto HH- we''ve made a lot of the dishes on her list.

there''s so much you can do with a Le Creuset- jambalaya, coq au vin, marinara sauce, red beans and rice...

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
We use our Staub to make curry a lot--yum! We''ve been doing Tikka Masala lately. Costco of all places has a great sauce. Just lightly cook the chicken, add the sauce and simmer for an hour or so.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 8:39:42 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Gosh, let''s see. I''ll list the stuff I''ve made in it and you can tell me what you want the recipe for...

roast chicken
beef stew
chili
stuffed peppers
baked mac and cheese
pot roast
chicken soup
Can I ask for the risotto recipe? I''ve done all the soups and stews in mine and am always looking for the next thing.

I have the lime green Le Creuset. It''s my favorite pot ever.
30.gif
30.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 2:07:57 PM
Author: April20

Date: 4/20/2009 8:39:42 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk

roast chicken
beef stew
chili
stuffed peppers
baked mac and cheese
pot roast
chicken soup
Can I ask for the risotto recipe? I''ve done all the soups and stews in mine and am always looking for the next thing.

I have the lime green Le Creuset. It''s my favorite pot ever.
30.gif
30.gif

I have a few recipes I use my Le Creuset for . . . I''d post links to my cooking blog so you could see pictures of the process, but because of our limitations on PS, I can''t. Recipes will have to do.
1.gif

Beef Daube with Puff Pastry

Ingredients:
1.5 lb. beef chuck, cut into 1 cubes
1/2 cup flour seasoned with salt and pepper
1 yellow onion, diced
3 celery stalks, diced
2 carats, diced
5 cloves of garlic, diced
glug of olive oil
a good knob of butter
sea salt and freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup good quality red wine vinegar
the leaves from 3 springs of thyme
1 cup dry red wine
1.5 cups beef stock
1/4 cup tomato paste
3/4 lb. new potatoes, cut into eighths
4 oz crimini mushrooms, sliced
Frozen puff pastry sheets
1 egg
1 Tbsp heavy cream

Directions:

In a large ziploc bag, add flour and salt and pepper. Add the beef, in batches in necessary, and shake bag to coat each piece, shaking off the excess flour.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Add a good glug of oil to a large dutch oven over medium-high heat, and add the beef chunks. Brown on all sides, around 5 minutes, and set aside.

Add some more oil and butter to the dutch oven, and add the onion, celery, and carrots. Saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the red wine vinegar, and then add the garlic and thyme and saute for a few more minutes.

Add the wine, tomato paste, and beef stock, and bring to a boil. Add the beef back into the mixture, stir to combine.

Cover and put into the oven, stirring occasionally, for 90 minutes.

After an hour and a half in the oven, mix in the mushrooms and potatoes, and put back in the oven, covered, for another 30 minutes.

While the stew is in the oven, prepare the puff pastry by rolling it out into 1/8 thick sheets with just enough excess to cover the baking dish and seal the edges.

In a small bowl, beat the egg and the cream together.

Divide the stew between the baking dishes, and top with the puff pastry.

Brush the puff pastry with the egg and cream mixture, and bake another 20 - 25 minutes until golden and puffed.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

Pancetta, Mushroom and Spinach Risotto Torte

Ingredients:

4 oz. crimini mushrooms, sliced thinly
4 oz. spinach
3 oz. pancetta
1/2 C dry white wine
1 red onion, diced
1 Tbsp fresh picked thyme leaves, chopped
1 sweet bell pepper,diced
4 1/2 cups chicken stock
2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
1/2 cup Parmesan, finely grated
4 eggs, separated
2 Tbs. olive oil
salt and ground black pepper
4 Tbs. butter
butter for greasing
chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
1 Tbsp white truffle carpacio, for garnish (optional)
1 1/4 cups Arborio rice

Directions:

Add the stock to a sauce pan and warm on low heat.

In a separate pot, steam the spinach for 2 minutes, then drain and reserve.

Meanwhile, chop the pancetta coursely and add to a hot, dry non-stick skillet. Remove the pancetta after 4 minutes and set on a paper towel to absorb any additional grease.

Add the mushrooms and 1 Tbsp of butter to the pan, and cook on medium low heat until the mushrooms are soft, about 7 minutes.

In a separate large saucepan, gently fry the onion and pepper in the oil and butter for 3 minutes or until they are soft. Add the thyme and cook for 2 minutes more.

Stir in the arborio rice, cooking for a minute until it is completely coated in the fat, and then pour in the wine.

In one cup increments, add in the stock to the rice mixture, and stir continually until the rice seems to lose liquid. When you can drag your spoon through the risotto, and the risotto doesn’t come back together immediately, add more stock.

Add the hot stock, stirring constantly, until risotto is tender, about 20 minutes.

Add the spinach, mushrooms, and pancetta.

While that is simmering, grease a 10 in. round deep french oven and then line the base with a disc of waxed paper.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Stir the cheese into the rice, allow the mixture to cool for 5 minutes, then beat in the egg yolks.

Whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks and carefully fold into the rice.

Turn into the prepared pan and bake for about 1 hour until risen, golden brown and slightly wobbly in the center.

Run a knife around pan and shake out onto serving plate.

Garnish with chopped parsley, truffle carpacio, or sliced tomatoes, if desired.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

Penne with Slow Braised Leeks and Crispy Shitake Pangrattato

Ingredients:

3 big leeks, outer leaves trimmed back and washed
Olive oil
6 tablespoons butter, dived in 3rds
5 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced thinly
A few sprigs fresh thyme, leaves picked
A wineglass of white wine
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 cups chicken stock
6 oz. prosciutto
1 lb. dry pasta such as penne or rigatoni
2 large handfuls freshly grated Parmagianno Regianno
For the Pangrattato:
1 small handful dried mushrooms, such as porcini or shitake
1/2 ciabatta bread, stale, cut into chunks
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Olive Oil
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 sprig fresh rosemary
Directions:

Halve the leeks lengthways and cut at an angle into 1/2-inch slices.

Heat a wide saucepan, add a splash of oil and a knob of butter, and when you hear a gentle sizzling add the sliced garlic, thyme leaves and leeks.

Move the leeks around so every piece gets coated.

Pour in the wine, season with pepper and stir in the stock. Cover the leeks with the slices of prosciutto, place a lid on the pan and cook gently for 25 to 30 minutes.

Once the leeks are tender, take the pan off the heat.
To make the pangrattato:

Pulse the mushrooms and bread with a pinch of salt and pepper in a food processor until the mixture looks like bread crumbs.

Heat a generous glug of olive oil in a frying pan. Add the garlic cloves and the rosemary and cook for a minute, then fry the bread crumbs in the oil until golden and crisp.

Keep shaking the pan - don’t let the bread crumbs catch on the bottom. Drain on paper towels, discard the rosemary and garlic and allow the bread crumbs to cool.

Cook the pasta according to package directions and drain, reserving some of the pasta water.

Remove the Prosciutto from the saucepan, slice up and stir back into the leeks.

Season to taste with salt and pepper, then stir in the Parmesan and the rest of the butter.

Add the pasta to the leeks. Add a little of the cooking water if need be, to give you a silky, smooth sauce.

Serve quickly, sprinkled with some pangrattato, extra Parmesan and any leftover thyme tips.

Serve the rest of the pangrattato in a bowl on the side.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
risotto is one of those things that's intimidating at first thought but really easy to just throw together (with or without a recipe). The trick with risotto (like anyone will tell you) is to watch it and stir, only adding water when most of what's in the pan has been absorbed.

I usually make mushroom risotto, but I've tried any number of varieties.

Ingredients
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup of Arborio rice
1 small onion finely chopped
1 cup white wine
1 clove of garlic finely chopped
3 cups of reduced sodium chicken stock
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (not Kraft or the kind in a can!)
salt, pepper, parsley to taste

Optional-mushrooms, artichoke hearts, asparagus, spinach, broccoli, leeks, lemon, shrimp, chicken, sausage, scallops, butternut squash, sage, tarragon, thyme

1. Set a sauce pan with chicken stock on medium heat. Bring to a simmer (not a boil)
2. With your Le Cruset pan on medium-low/medium heat, saute your onion in the olive oil until translucent (not brown).
3. Add rice, salt, and pepper, and stir. Allow the rice to toast for a few minutes, absorbing the oil (you'll see the outside of the rice turn translucent and the inside stay white).
4. Once rice is translucent, add wine and allow to simmer until the wine is mostly absorbed.
5. Begin adding broth 1/2 cup at a time with a ladle. Stir and allow broth to be absorbed before putting your next ladleful in.
6. Continue to stir and ladle until most of the broth is gone. Watch the rice for doneness. It should be "al dente" (to the tooth) or the slightest bit hard. You may not need all of the broth you've heated. That's OK. THIS STAGE CAN TAKE UP TO 20 MINUTES.
7. Add extra ingredients, parsley, and Parmesan cheese. Stir to incorporate.

ETA: You'll need to cook your extra ingredients- blanch or saute the vegtables and meat

Serve very soon after taking the risotto off the stove. I love risotto for leftovers, it's a different dish than fresh risotto (more mushy), but the flavors are great once they've combined overnight.

I've also made risotto cakes the next day which are phenomenal.

Take leftover risotto and form into patties with smooth edges. Dust in flour and fry for about 5 minutes on each side or until brown. Serve with marinara or on their own.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Quick Cassoulet de Carcassonne (Duck Cassoulet)

Ingredients:

• 1 duck, 6.5 lbs., cut into serving pieces and trimmed of excess skin
  • 2 cans cannellini or Great Northern Beans, rinsed and drained
  • 2 Tbsp canola oil
  • 1/2 lb. pancetta or slab bacon
  • 2 large yellow onions, chopped
  • 6 cloves garlic
  • 1 Tbsp Herbes de Provence
  • 1.5 cups dry white wine
  • 1 can whole San Marzano tomatoes, coarsely chopped and puree reserved
  • 1 lb. smoked sausage, such as kielbasa or andouille
  • Salt and freshly ground pepper
  • 3 cups chicken or duck stock
  • 2 cups fresh bread crumbs
  • Small handful of chopped parsley, for garnish

Directions:

Rinse and drain the cannellini beans, and set aside.

Meanwhile place a large, dry non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat . In batches, brown the duck on both sides, putting the pieces skin side down first and turning once. It should take about 8 minutes total.

Discard the rendered fat as it accumulates and save for some yummy fingerling potatoes. Transfer the duck to a platter and set aside.

In a large Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium heat.

Add the pancetta and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer to the platter with the duck. Pour off all but 2 Tbsp of the fat.

Add the onions and the garlic and cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.

Stir in the herbs and then the wine. Bring to a boil and cook for a couple of minutes.

Stir in the tomatoes with their puree, sausage, 1 tsp of salt, and 1/2 tsp of pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until slightly thickened, about 30 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasonings.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Add the beans and prosciutto to the pot and stir.

Bury the duck pieces in the bean mixture and pour in the chicken or duck stock. Bring to a boil. Transfer to the oven and bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes.

Sprinkle with the bread crumbs and bake for 15 minutes longer. With a large spoon or spatula, push the crumbs just under the liquid and bake until a crust forms, about 2 minutes longer. Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.

Garnish with chopped parsley.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Oh man, all of this looks so good! I''m going to try a recipe next weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results