shape
carat
color
clarity

Please remove me...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Selkie--exactly! When I first looked at the ring I didn't think it needed sidestones at all, but after looking at that photograph I thought it looked like it DID have them! So now I want some! LOL

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
girl, half moon sidestones is EXACTLY what that ring needs!

do it, dooooooo iiiittttt! :twisted:

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
OoO! That picture does make it look like it has half moon side stones. I say do it :)

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
i just saw this -CONGRATS Monnie this is fantastic news and your ring is stunning :) wishing you both a lifetime of happiness together

:):):)

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl:
Congrats Monnie! I am so happy for you! You certainly deserve it!
Beautiful ring! I love ovals - he did a great job :love:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Monnie, Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you and I think your ring is gorgeous. :appl: :appl:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks again, everyone! I love reading this thread!!!

So...sidestones are not an option after a discussion we had on Tuesday night. I am totally fine with that. He told me that he had considered tapered baguettes, pears, AND half moons (great minds...!) and ended up deciding that the solitaire setting was the best complement to the stone and would be easier to pair with a wedding band since neither of us are into the curved band thing.

One of my co-workers recently hosted a costume jewelry party, and I picked up a just-for-fun tri-color rolling ring since I lost my WG w/diamonds 2 years ago (have mourned it ever since!) It just happens to look really great, imo, with my e-ring and S likes it too! Here are some more pics:

ovaltrinity001.jpg

ovaltrinity002.jpg

ovaltrinity003.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last one:

ovaltrinity004.jpg

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monnie, a million congrats on your engagement :appl: I think that your ring is amazing and it looks perfect just the way it is!!! And OMG, does it look beautiful on your hand :love: I also like it very much as a set with your tri-color rolling ring :appl:
Wear them both in good health and congrats again ::)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monnie!!!
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

Your ring is stunning and the proposal sounds just perfect. Your tri-color ring does look great with it.

Congratulations!!

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring. If I remember right, he knows a thing or two about diamonds, correct? I am pretty sure I'm thinking about the right person since he sure showed some knowledge here because that ring looks *stunning* (as is if you want my opinion).

Treefrogs love a good suprise engagement! Great story. It's kind of funny that I've never met you but I've been around here just long enough to learn just enough about you to be absolutely thrilled. I enjoyed reading about your progress in WW and he certainly sounded like a great guy. I'm glad he found a wonderful woman and I wish you both my very best.

I look forward to all of your new updates as you plan things to come.

You're going to be so busy I'm never going to see those fawn pictures from your parents now... :(( ...but I'll get over it... I'd much rather see engagement and wedding pictures! :bigsmile:

So happy for you both. Congratulations!

Treefrog

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Naty and TooPatient!

Treefrog, I really appreciate your words and your opinion. Life really has a funny way of working out for the best. I think it also helps to have a positive attitude and be open to change...well, that's been what has kept me going, anyway. I'm glad we've gotten to know each other a bit here and that you are so kind to share in my excitement and happiness! Woot!

He does know a fair amount about jewelry, so I totally trusted him to choose a stone and setting and I am beyond pleased with the result. He's great!

Have a great weekend!

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
monarch64 said:
He does know a fair amount about jewelry, so I totally trusted him to choose a stone and setting and I am beyond pleased with the result. He's great!
You need to marry that guy. Oh wait, you are! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

You have a great weekend as well.

Treefrog

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAYYYY, huge congrats monnie and mrmonnie-to-be!!! The ring is incredible, and I LOOOOVE it with the rolling ring, it looks absolutely amazing!! So excited for you!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Monarch,

Just saw this and wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so happy that you are so happy!!!

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
OH- Monarch!

YEA :appl: I am SO happy for the two of you. I know love and life haven’t always been easy for you and I am thrilled you met a man that sees how wonderful you are.

Your engagement ring looks -great- on your hand and I love how it is set low.

I must tell you, when you shared your story about how you and your FF met it was an inspiration for me. It helped to motivate me to put my profile out there and see what can happen.
congrats!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I'm so late to this party - CONGRATS!!!!

Your ring is beautiful :sun: and it's so cute how he completely surprised you :bigsmile:

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Your ring is so lovely! :appl:

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I'm so late -- I just saw this! Congratulations, monarch! That is amazing news! Your ring is beautiful and I'm happy for you!

:appl: :appl: :appl:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, thank you, ladies!

16Ocean--I'm glad to hear you say that you were motivated by the story of how we met to put your profile out there and see what happens. I must say I was not a firm believer of finding love online, and when I posted mine it was very tongue-in-cheek and I had zero expectations. I honestly was just looking to meet new people outside my usual circles and that is exactly what happened. I met one guy who has become a nice acquaintance, one who wasn't so pleased with the fact that I ended up cancelling a date with him after I met FI, and of course, FI who was the real prize. It was just a matter of opening myself up to the idea that I probably wouldn't find my true love in a bar or through friends. I think online dating sites are a fantastic thing, whether they are pay sites or good old CL. I also believe that one must exercise caution, so do be careful out there. I always told at least two people where I was going and what time they could expect a call from me to say I was home safe. My online experience wasn't very extensive, but it was definitely positive.

The more I look at the rolling ring option, the more I like it. It can be worn alone, and the way it fits with the e-ring setting is astonishingly perfect. The rollingring.com version is even slimmer (1mm bands) and I think that would be even prettier, AND it's only $187 right now. Not bad for a wedding band! We are certainly on a budget and I am all about cutting costs wherever so I don't need a band that is spendy at all. Another option would be to just do 18k WG, maybe a 3mm plain band, but I really like the texture and the tri-color thing that the rolling ring offers. We'll see.

It hasn't been sunny enough here when I haven't been stuck inside the office to take some fun pics so I can post a SMTR thread...my apologies. A girl friend of mine brought me a congratulatory bouquet on Saturday, so I might do a mini photo shoot with those at least.

Thanks again, everyone. I am glad that those of you who have followed a bit of my story here and there have gotten to hear the happy ending. Even in my darkest moments, I never remember worrying that it would never get better and turn out ok...life is unpredictable and just because bad things happen doesn't mean there will not ever be good times again.

entitledpearl22

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thanks for sharing your story! Ubber congrats to you and FI!!!

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
SO I jsut upgraded to IE 8 and now I can see full posts and pictures. YIPPEEEEEEEEEE!

CONGRATULATIONS Monarch!

Your diamond is so beautiful!!!! :love: :love:

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! He did a fantastic job your ring turned out gorgeous. :appl:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Monnie -- I remember reading somewhere that you had gotten engaged, but I couldn't find this thread untl now. I'm sooooo happy for you -- congratulations!! I've read things you've posted in the past, and I'm just thrilled for you that you've found someone who makes you happy. You deserve it! Your ring is gorgeous, and I love how it looks with the rolling ring. :love:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Zoe!!!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
SQUEEEEEE! (I think that's a first from me!)

I am beyond thrilled for you, Monnie! I'm actually surprised at how excited I am for a person I've never met IRL. You totally deserve this wonderful man and a happy marriage! Love the proposal story. Hair, makeup, etc seem to take a backseat when you see your man drop down to one knee. DH surprised me with a proposal and I wasn't even wearing makeup, had ugly glasses on and never had a pic of it. We just celebrated 11 years yesterday!

I can't wait to see dress and wedding pics!

btw-Your ring is gorgeous just as it is, but I agree that some sidestones would be superb!! And, I really like the rolling ring with it, too.

Gosh, I wish I could hug you and jump up and down with you right now!! Virtual hugs will have to do...((((((((hugs))))))))

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww...thank you SO much, SomethingShiny!!! You've kinda been there with me through some craziness, that's for sure, so I thank you tons for your support during a difficult time and for cheering me on in the more recent, happy times! Who knows, maybe someday we will actually cross paths in real life, that would be great. Thanks again for everything, your friendship here has truly been a blessing. As always, I wish you and your family the absolute best and I look forward to being able to share details of my upcoming marriage here! Much love!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results