shape
carat
color
clarity

Please recommend some trouser style jeans for me

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I''d like to get a pair of the wider leg, perhaps trouser style jeans in a very dark wash for this winter. I''m probably about a size 30 in the designer jeans and 5''4" tall. My favorite jeans so far have been the AG Legends which are unfortunately discontinued. I love the softer fabric of the AG''s.

I''ll only buy 1 pair so I''m willing to spend more but anything over $200 is way too much. Below $100 would be ideal but I''ve been spoiled with the AGs.

I don''t live near any stores that have the high end jeans so anything I do will be ordered off the internet.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
do you know other brands that have worked well for you in the past? besides AG. i know AG has some trouser jeans out, you could probably find something there (shopbop.com) with their brand that would fit you.

i tried on Seven Ginger style recently and really liked them. also Joe''s has a bunch of trouser style jeans out so you can check those out too.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Well, I went to the mall last night and tried on at least 50 pairs of jeans and none of them worked. Mind you the best store I have is a very low-end Macy''s so there were NO designer type jeans in my mall. The best option were some Nicole Miller jeans at JCP.

So, I decided to try some from Revolve & Zappos today. I ordered some Seven Ginger''s per Mara''s suggestion and some others. We''ll see in a few days. I really wish I lived near a Nordstrom or some other store that actually a lot of styles.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ID i saw on nordstrom i think (or maybe it was shopbop) that AG has a trouser style out...so if you love that brand and know the fit then you might try those.

also i was checking out recommendations online for trouser jeans (thisnext.com is a great style resource!) and i found these cuties at anthropologie!! i am going to go check them out in the next few days. for $98 it''s practically a bargain and i love the front pockets, they are hugely slimming for hips in my opinion.

http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/catalog/productdetail.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1

one thing about trouser jeans is that you have to wear somewhat significant heels with them or else unless you are 5''10" to begin with, you can run the risk of looking a little short and too wide.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I am not real familiar with the fit of the brands you kids are discussing...but I have 2 great pair one is from White House and the other is from Banana. I have a tad more height on me though at 5''8"...but both of these stores offered shorts...avg and talls.

At your height you may find last years cuts to fit better. This year the higher waist is prominent. And I wonder if that style will chop you unevenly? Last years trousers will still have a lower ride.

These were both about $100.

DKS

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Mara--yes I definitely noticed that some of the wider leg jeans made me look shorter and wider. At 5'4" I definitely needed heels with them. I think for me I'll need on the narrower side of the wide trend instead of truly W-I-D-E jeans. I think the lower-waist...not super low but not high is better too.

I really just want jeans that fit like my dress pants..and hang straight down from my hips rather than curving in at the thigh.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Island...I just got out my White house ones...they are just as you described...they fall from the waist...not below the hip ~so they do just as slacks do. And they are lined. I have noticed they have a better fall than the others I have without lining.

Have you tried Ann Taylor Loft? And if you want an inexpensive pair, you might try New York and Co. I have some I got for $19 and they are not that bad for errands. Not lined...contain some lycra...for stretch...slit side pockets...but cute fit. Kept their color/size/shape after 4 washings. Not bad for under $20.

DKS

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
DKS--I''m going to have to check out White House. We just recentl got that store in my area and it is still off my horizon. Were the jeans you got this year''s version?

I wish we still had a New York & Co...they left our area about 2 years ago. I am thinking I need just wear around the house jeans that I can wear with flats and I definitely don''t want to hem any designer jeans to wear with flats. Under $20 would be fabulous for that!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm...I know J.Crew has a pair of wide legged jeans this year but can''t remember if they''re high rise or low rise or in between, lol! Anyway, they''re definitely under $200 so maybe you could order a pair and try them?

Evelynn

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/1/2007 10:57:30 AM
Author:IslandDreams
I''d like to get a pair of the wider leg, perhaps trouser style jeans in a very dark wash for this winter. I''m probably about a size 30 in the designer jeans and 5''4'' tall. My favorite jeans so far have been the AG Legends which are unfortunately discontinued. I love the softer fabric of the AG''s.

I''ll only buy 1 pair so I''m willing to spend more but anything over $200 is way too much. Below $100 would be ideal but I''ve been spoiled with the AGs.

I don''t live near any stores that have the high end jeans so anything I do will be ordered off the internet.

Thanks for any suggestions!
ANLO''s! I just posted about them in the Fall Trends thread, but I have a couple pair of the Pascle Trousers and the wash is pretty dark. I get a lot of compliments on them - I too am on the short side (I''m 5''6") and had to have them tailored a bit, but other than the length, the fit is awesome, and the material isn''t too stiff or slouchy - they are perfect!

Neiman''s carries them and Bergdorf has them online as well.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Well, I finally solved my jeans problem. Thanks to Door Knob''s suggestion of White House Black Market. I found some great trouser jeans there that were under $100. They''re not lined but the drape well and don''t even need hemming. They''re 100% cotton which really surprised me because they were so comfortable. I think they''ll look great for dressy casual days at work.

http://www.whitehouseblackmarket.com/store/product.asp?PID=300108848

Thanks for the suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results