shape
carat
color
clarity

Please rate my DC proposal idea

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

seamus

Rough_Rock
Okay, so I just called her mother and father today to ask for their blessing. Her mom actually cried, which was touching. Now I''m really getting excited about this. Here is my idea for a Valentine''s Day proposal -- any comments/feedback appreciated.

(Already got the ring -- round 1.16/F/SI1/ideal in a platinum setting. I think it''s amazing; hopefully she will too.)

We''re both in law school and have class together from 4-6 on Tuesday. Talked this weekend about just going to the grocery store after class and just making dinner at home -- nothing special. She did hint that she''d like to go out, but I made some comment about how Valentine''s day was "overly commercial" and we''d have more fun at home. (Almost cracked up saying so.)

So I''m planning on skipping the class and e-mailing her that I''m not feeling well and might not make it over to her place until later on. (She''ll check the email during the class, I''m sure.) I have a key to her apartment, and while she''s in class I''m dressing up in a coat and tie, heading over, and lighting about 20 candles and putting a few dozen roses around. (...Might even lay a couple on the way from her lobby to her apt., just to make her suspicious.) I also make dinner reservations at a fabulous Italian restaurant a couple blocks away for 8:45. When she walks in, I''ll launch into my spiel and get down on one knee, then we''ll have a champagne toast and enjoy some hors d''ouvres I picked up. She should have plenty of time to get ready for dinner. I thought about reserving a room at a nice hotel for later on, but we both have places to be the next morning. It will probably just be back to her place afterward -- maybe I''ll make a cake or something.

Anything I''m forgetting? Comments/suggestions? All would be graciously appreciated.

Thanks!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s a very sweet and thoughtful proposal. You''ve obviously given this a lot of thought and I wouldn''t change a thing. She''ll be thrilled! Congratulations and good luck!!
36.gif

Oh, and don''t forget to post hand shots once you''ve proposed...
31.gif

Nifergirl7997

Rough_Rock
I''m sure it''ll take her breath away! Good plan!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results