shape
carat
color
clarity

Please pray for my Dad

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending prayers for your Dad and his family.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh my gosh, I am so sorry. praying hard for you and your family and of course dad.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Sending good thoughts to you and your family.

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Sending them his way right now.

-G

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/9/2007 6:35:11 AM
Author: allycat0303
Old-Fashsioned gal,

I went through the exact same thing last year with my father, except in our case they elected not to do any surgery because they did a whole bunch of tests and couldn''t find the location of the bleeding. It was a very difficult 7-8 weeks for our family, as his blood count dropped and dropped. It did resolve itself spontaneously though, the bleeding slowly decreased and finally stopped (they still have no idea what caused it).
Allycat, thanks for the info. Wow, 7-8 weeks is even worse! They never did figure it out with my Dad either; they think the bleeding was coming from the small intestine, and before he stopped bleeding, the GI doctor did say there is one more procedure that they could do at Jefferson Hospital in Phila. (i.e., not at the hospital he was in) before resorting to surgery. Luckily they didn''t have to, since he stopped bleeding, but at least if it happens again, we can go directly to that option.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/9/2007 9:16:35 AM
Author: diamondsrock
I''m so sorry your dad is going through this.
I have to ask, did they have him swallow that camera pill? I just read about it the other day in the paper and it sometimes helps to diagnose the cause of bleeding which other tests can''t find. The patient swallows a small camera in the shape of a pill and it takes many pictures as it travels through the intestines.
My prayers will go out to you and your family.
Thanks! He did swallow the camera pill, and also had 3 colonoscopies and some barium x-ray thing as well as some other radiology test. (Don''t know all the technical terms.) The one other test they talked about Friday (which was a relief to us when we thought the next thing was intestinal surgery) was similar to the camera pill, but different - not being a medical person I don''t know the details - but it was something a few hospitals like Jefferson or Temple in Phila. could do, and they could even do some cauterizing or whatever with it if they found something. Hope that makes sense!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OFG, I''m so glad to hear that your Dad''s condition has improved and that he was able to come home!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
ofg, what a blessing!
2.gif

I hope he continues with no more bleeding.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so glad to hear the bleeding has stopped!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh, that is such great news!!!
36.gif

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
oh, that''s great news. I''m so glad he''s feeling better!!! Thank God for that.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OFG, I''m so relieved that your dad is home again and that the bleeding stopped. Hopefully he''ll continue to stay on the mend and recover fully soon.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wondeful news
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am glad for the update but you will still be in my prayers. Best wishes.

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
PTL! I am so glad for you OFG!! Your father will continue to be in my thots and prayers - I am so glad things are going better and surgery was not needed! Keep the faith girl!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so glad that he is on the mend. What a terrible time for you. How great that he avoided surgery. I wish him a speedy recovery.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
awesome news!!!
Praise God!

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good to hear that things are better.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results